• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wondered how long this would run before going "BOOM"

More people have died throughout history in the name of someones religion than for any other reason. The Muslim Clerics are just controlling through the Muslim faith as did the arch bishops in Europe when the knights Templar rode rough shod over all the "Non-believers"

The anger I feel is not religious based. It comes from being a target for everything from running the native american off their land/slavery/being the bully's trying to rule the world/gay bashing/a clinger-hoarder and you name it. Somehow it was my fault. I had squat to do with any of this but I/we are still targeted. Getting weary of it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ya, all those Christians honor killing their daughters for dating or marrying outside islam......errrr I mean Christianity.
    Just like African Christians murdering homosexuals. It's not the fault of the book but the people reading it. Blaming the Quran for terrorism is like blaming guns for shootings. Same reason it would be ridiculous to blame the Bible for the aforementioned murders.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Interesting take on this very subject I read the other day:
    Terrorism and the other Religions | Informed Comment

Christians are leading in total kills. That includes each other.

relviolence.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is there a way to say that word with an ounce of class?

No. When it is used there is no intention to have any civility. The initials are used just as posted by the boy. He is no fan of Barry but being of color there is and always will be a double standard. He admits to this and agrees.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No. When it is used there is no intention to have any civility. The initials are used just as posted by the boy. He is no fan of Barry but being of color there is and always will be a double standard. He admits to this and agrees.

As a child, I'd try to pull the "but billy does/did it to" bit. My mother always reminded me that I wasn't billy. Double standard or not, I hold myself to a higher one regarding things like this. My mother taught me better.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Exodus 32:27 through 32:39 is a nice little call to kill those not with the Lord of the Bible. Pretty easy to cherry pick for a bias, isn't it?

I suppose you also stone homosexuals and adulterers as the Bible calls for, right? Oh don't forget idol worshippers. Heretics as well. Just because it's in the book doesn't mean most people follow it, same goes for the Koran. Fact of the matter is the radicals are brainwashed. You know what is very common in the Middle East? Illiteracy, so when somebody shows up saying "The book says blow up Christians!" they believe him. Is it inspired in the name of their religion, most certainly. Is everyone in their religion like that? Most certainly not. Don't stereotype you illiterate, 8th-grade educated, white, racist, tobacco chewing, drunk, redneck. See how stereotypes work? I doubt any of those things are true, but see how easy it is to stereotype somebody you've never even met?

Wrong Covenant: The admonitions of the Old Testament (the Jewish Testament) and the New Testament are much different from each other.

You will also find that, while "Christian" terrorists may have their adherents, the Christian religion as a whole abhors them and frequently says so publicly; e.g. the most recent Christian sectarian violence in Ireland. "Christian" terrorism in Africa tends to be more tribal- than religion-based and, surprisingly enough, seems to be a response to Islamic violence towards them. Again, it's not condoned by the majority of Christians and Christians tend to not be shy in saying so.

While certain individual Muslims may decry Muslim terrorists, you seldom hear them say so publicly. The Muslim leaders who most often disavow their intentions to convert the infidel in the English press often say something completely different in their own-language press.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why does anyone care what some yahoo internet rag says? How does "white" = hatred of Muslims? Last I knew they are millions of white practioners of Islam. Do they hate themselves?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Arguments that America was never a "melting pot" (forgive the pun) don't hold water. Until the late 20th Century, immigrants to America were expected - by the culture - to assimilate. My wife's great-grandparents came over from Ireland, not able to speak English; when her grandfather came to America in the early 1900s, Irish still couldn't get certain jobs. Looking further back into the late 1800s, the Italians and other Europeans who immigrated to America learned the language and worked against cultural prejudices to fit themselves into the national culture. Along the way they sometimes maintained "old country" traditions, but they hadn't come to America to live the way they had in their old country. The same was true of the various Asian immigrants who moved to America to seek their fortunes. The Chinese culture was different enough that they were more able than most to maintain their cultural traditions, but they were just as likely to assimilate as other immigrants.

Man is a tribal creature, suspicious of others outside his tribe. We can see this in all our interactions with one another. The concept of the national "tribe" was the overriding cultural meme in this nation until about 1960 or so, when some of the last "Americans" to be ostracised and discriminated against began to agitate for their freedom. Somewhere along the way, perhaps because most of their native culture had been ripped from them, this group decided they didn't want to assimilate. Other forces which came into play at about that time decided that cultural division was a much better strategy to pursue than attempting internal revolution, so they began to chip away at our societal foundations and cultural unity. To a great extent, except when their fellow-travelers overextend themselves - such as the events of 9/11 - they've succeeded in dis-uniting these United States.

But the concept of a "melting pot" was and is viable, not a myth.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Exodus 32:27 through 32:39 is a nice little call to kill those not with the Lord of the Bible. Pretty easy to cherry pick for a bias, isn't it?

I suppose you also stone homosexuals and adulterers as the Bible calls for, right? Oh don't forget idol worshippers. Heretics as well. Just because it's in the book doesn't mean most people follow it, same goes for the Koran. Fact of the matter is the radicals are brainwashed. You know what is very common in the Middle East? Illiteracy, so when somebody shows up saying "The book says blow up Christians!" they believe him. Is it inspired in the name of their religion, most certainly. Is everyone in their religion like that? Most certainly not. Don't stereotype you illiterate, 8th-grade educated, white, racist, tobacco chewing, drunk, redneck. See how stereotypes work? I doubt any of those things are true, but see how easy it is to stereotype somebody you've never even met?

Well you know what they say about assuming things.........I guess that makes you the ass because I never posted anywhere that I was a Christian or a follower of the bible. I also don't recall seeing on the news or reading in the paper about the latest Christian suicide bomber. I could care less if those muslims are ignorant or dumb asses or brainwashed. They kill innocent people in the name of mohammad. Ive NEVER heard of a christian killing an innocent person in the name of Jesus.

Last edited:

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Rather than using Google to understand Islam... try quoting your own Bible

Luke 6:37
    “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"​
    ...and then don't be so self righteous. Christians commit as many acts of Terrorism as Muslims and there are less of them.

Again you know what they say about assuming things......guess that makes you the ass because I never stated anywhere that I was a Christian or a follower of the bible. So where is the latest story about the Christian terrorist that just blew up innocent people....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting take on this very subject I read the other day:
    Terrorism and the other Religions | Informed Comment

Christians are leading in total kills. That includes each other.

relviolence.jpg

This is the most disingenuous argument based on complete horses**t that I have seen in some time. Assigning the total casualty count of both world wars to Christianity? Really? The antagonists in those cases were hardly practicing Christians. In fact, their only tie to Christianity was being born in nations in which Christianity was the traditional religion. That is a long way from killing in the name of religion. I also find it interesting that it is argued that those with no connection to Christianity in the sense of practicing or even assigning it value as a motivating factor are classed as violent Christians while the effort is made to argue that Moslems who die in the process of a terrorist act shouting such slogans as 'Allahu Akbar' are acting on nationalist impulses rather than religious ones.

In the end, we reach a point of looking at the obvious and saying 'if the shoe fits, wear it'. The implied corollary is that if one does not like wearing the shoe, the solution is to see that it doesn't fit, not to spew a bunch of s**t denying an obvious truth.

Why is it that a mass murderer in Scandinavia was labelled a Christian when he was not in any sense aside from that he was not a Jew or a Moslem, but Major Hassan was billed as guilty of 'workplace violence' and not a terrorist attack, religious or otherwise, in spite of shouting religious slogans while committing murder apparently in the name of religion?

One could also point out that the reason that Islam was as peaceful as it was for most of the republic's first century of life is that in the beginning they absolutely were not peaceful until having their asses handed to them by Commodore Decatur, yielding peaceful behavior out of practical necessity, not out of principle or choice.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I always thought the whole melting pot theory was a crock. Suspicion of strangers especially those who look different is hard wired into our dna.

Not me, I get freaked out by people who look like me. Sometimes I see myself accidentally in a reflection and when I square up on the guy, he squares up on me and it's on.

Top Bottom