• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Taking a religion's book at its word regarding the 'proper' behavior of its followers and observing the confirmation thereof through cumulative actions is blind faith?

No...

Allowing bias to shield your eyes from reason and rationale is blind faith.

Condemning others for no other reason except you "BELIEVE" they condemn you is blind faith.

Hand picking a passage out of a book while simultaneously disowning passages from your own book is blind faith.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    A certain amount of truth, but there is a significant difference between making an effort to persuade unbelievers of the merit of your belief and killing them.

No doubting that Dave but you could insert the name of any religion at almost any point in recorded time as to who is trying to be a persuader and who is the killer.
    The only way we know about it is who was left standing so we could learn about their version of the truth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No...

Allowing bias to shield your eyes from reason and rationale is blind faith.

Condemning others for no other reason except you "BELIEVE" they condemn you is blind faith.

Hand picking a passage out of a book while simultaneously disowning passages from your own book is blind faith.

OK genius. I am not disregarding any biblical passages. Those that exist dealt with specific groups and only those specific groups. Following that, a very different system of commands exists for dealing with outsiders which was in place some 700 years before Islam was invented. That is just ever so slightly different than commands to subjugate or exterminate every damned body on the planet who is not part of or chooses not to join the group. Your 'religion of peace' has spread at sword point for the duration of its existence since Mohammed yet breathed and has done so unabated other than at times when it proved militarily impossible, like when we worked them over in the 1800s. People are killed every day for being Christians. I am not aware of people being killed for being Moslems. Don't even think about trying to suggest that this is true of Palestinians. They get killed because they categorically refuse to accept any peace that does not involve cleansing the middle east of non-Moslems.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, one more thing. Islam literally translates 'submission'. You may deign to notice that submission and liberty are mutually exclusive concepts. So much for moral relativism.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    OK genius. I am not disregarding any biblical passages.

Sure you do... you are Christian aren't you? There are Christians who disown biblical passages and since you don't publicly condemn them, then you are are as guilty as they are! See how well that logic works?

Those that exist dealt with specific groups and only those specific groups. Following that, a very different system of commands exists for dealing with outsiders which was in place some 700 years before Islam was invented. That is just ever so slightly different than commands to subjugate or exterminate every damned body on the planet who is not part of or chooses not to join the group.
    Oh really....

Deuteronomy 17
    If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.​

Oh wait... I forgot, that was part of the Old Testament and was meant only for the Jews to read.

God apparently figured out he made a mistake with the old civilizations and changed his mind after this and decided stoning people to death was so last century.

Or was it that God was a warmonger in his early days, but after settling down and having a kid he lost his appetite for destruction?

Either way... Seems neither the Qu'ran or the Bible are all that "peaceful" are they?

Your 'religion of peace' has spread at sword point for the duration of its existence since Mohammed yet breathed and has done so unabated other than at times when it proved militarily impossible, like when we worked them over in the 1800s. People are killed every day for being Christians. I am not aware of people being killed for being Moslems. Don't even think about trying to suggest that this is true of Palestinians. They get killed because they categorically refuse to accept any peace that does not involve cleansing the middle east of non-Moslems.

1st... not my religion. I'm indifferent about both Christianity and Islam.... Don't let your disdain for the latter convince you otherwise.

2nd... Yeah you are right... no one wants to kill Muslims. Well except for all of those who have in the past and all of those on this website who call for their extermination and persecution here on INGO. You've got to be kidding me?

In the end... I could care less if all 2.5 billion of you guys sword fight to the last man standing. Just don't sit up here and hypocritically generalize all of them violent and simultaneously call for their extermination.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...........In the end... I could care less if all 2.5 billion of you guys sword fight to the last man standing. Just don't sit up here and hypocritically generalize all of them violent and simultaneously call for their extermination.

You are glossing over that fact that if they WERE in charge as they want you would not have the option to stay out of it.
    You would not have the option to be left alone in peace.
    You would not have an option or opinion to believe as you wish.
    You would have to submit or die.
    I would have to submit or die.
    Are you purposefully ignoring this fact?
    Are you hoping it is not true?
    Do you think if the roles were reversed you could change their mind?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You are glossing over that fact that if they WERE in charge as they want you would not have the option to stay out of it.
    You would not have the option to be left alone in peace.
    You would not have an option or opinion to believe as you wish.
    You would have to submit or die.
    I would have to submit or die.
    Are you purposefully ignoring this fact?
    Are you hoping it is not true?
    Do you think if the roles were reversed you could change their mind?

So because you don't want to live the way they do... They should die? That is what you are saying? (for the record I do not structure my life around the Bible either, so I don't get your point)

I do have the option to be left alone in peace (which has nothing to do with Christianity)
    I do have the opinion to believe as I wish (see answer above)
    I will not submit, and I will die (as will you and everyone else)
    I don't ignore facts that are derived out of ignorance, fear or anger (thats why i'm here in this thread)
    I could care less if it is true or not
    No... I fully recognize that both bloods and crips are so indoctrinated that they will not change their minds, but that doesn't stop me from viewing them as foolish.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Replied.

So because you don't want to live the way they do... They should die? That is what you are saying?

WhereTF did I say that?

I, like you, would like to be left alone in peace. Some people won't let us.

I do have the option to be left alone in peace (which has nothing to do with Christianity)

Yes, ONLY because they are NOT in charge as of yet.

See above.

Ok, so you do recognize and admit that they are a threat to your survival. :yesway:

I don't ignore facts that are derived out of ignorance, fear or anger (thats why i'm here in this thread)

Ok, why ARE you ignoring those facts?

Well, yeah, you don't care YET.

No... I fully recognize that both bloods and crips are so indoctrinated that they will not change their minds, but that doesn't stop me from viewing them as foolish.

Again, one group is giving you the option...... another won't.
    :twocents:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So because you don't want to live the way they do... They should die? That is what you are saying? (for the record I do not structure my life around the Bible either, so I don't get your point)

Applying the same criteria,...to say Nazi Germany, (as we are talking about an ideology whether it calls itself religion or whatever) the Nazis should not have been opposed prior to the time that they were actively at one's throat? There was good and bad Nazi ideology and the general opposition to Nazism was misguided prejudice? If someone was walking down Fifth Av in 1942 wearing a swastika it should have been OK, because we don't know if they ascribed to the "bad parts" of Nazism. OK, whatever.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Paranoid much?

I know what THAT reply means........

That means printcraft

tumblr_mcjc4iPx0S1ro4nwzo1_500.gif

LOL

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Applying the same criteria,...to say Nazi Germany, (as we are talking about an ideology whether it calls itself religion or whatever) the Nazis should not have been opposed prior to the time that they were actively at one's throat? There was good and bad Nazi ideology and the general opposition to Nazism was misguided prejudice? If someone was walking down Fifth Av in 1942 wearing a swastika it should have been OK, because we don't know if they ascribed to the "bad parts" of Nazism. OK, whatever.

So the solution is to wipe them off of the planet?

**btw...this thread is ****ing warped! I never knew how extreme far right conservatives were!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Islam is both a religion and a political system. In just about every country with Islamic theocratic government, it's a crime to proselytize any other religion. In fact, a lot of the freedoms we take for granted here are crimes in those countries. These aren't just lone Islamic extremists we're talking about here, these are entire nations full of Muslims who are governing themselves exactly as they desire.

You want to see how peaceful and tolerant they are of other religions? Go to any of those countries and start trying to convert Muslims to Christianity. See what happens to you.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So the solution is to wipe them off of the planet?

**btw...this thread is ****ing warped! I never knew how extreme far right conservatives were!

Of course, I never said to wipe them off the planet, did I? I didn't realize how ridiculous and deceitful the far-Left "liberals" were! Oh wait, yes I did. Why am I not surprised.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Of course, I never said to wipe them off the planet, did I? I didn't realize how ridiculous and deceitful the far-Left "liberals" were! Oh wait, yes I did. Why am I not surprised.

So how many Christians does it take to want them wiped from the planet before I can generalize all Christians as thirsty for genocide?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    delusional much?

your view will only lead to despair when they are at your doorstep with you screaming, "why didnt someone DO something!"

So what are you doing? You dismiss your enemy as "crazy" and yet they have the balls to bring the holy war to your doorstep... are you willing to do the same?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Interesting how the "religion of peace" is treating Coptic Christians in Egypt. Government police stand by while they're being murdered. I would suggest, respectfully, that Muslims don't EVER want us to start thinking of them as "enemies" who must be exterminated. If they're complaining about what has happened to some of them because of their leaders' politics, what do you think it would be like if we were deliberately trying to commit genocide?

Top Bottom