• ...and so much more!
  • Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Several years back I was in charge of a Wal-Mart under construction in northern Indiana.
    The Wal-Mart set up manager comes to me and says we have a problem with one of my painters sexually harassing one of the gals on her crew.

I told her to go get the girl’s story, and I would go talk to the painter.

He denies anything.

The set up crew leader comes back and she apologizes.

The painter had asked the girl if she would like to “get a pizza or something after work.”

I went back and told the painter to “stay the **** away from that idiot, because nothing but trouble could come from talking to her again.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A third woman accuses Tom Brokaw of sexual harassment.

Here's the buried lede: He made a pass at a woman who was not a subordinate, or even a co-worker, in the 1960s. He backed off when she said no.

This one's a witch-hunt.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A third woman accuses Tom Brokaw of sexual harassment.

Here's the buried lede: He made a pass at a woman who was not a subordinate, or even a co-worker, in the 1960s. He backed off when she said no.

This one's a witch-hunt.

ill argue MOST of these are a witch hunt. At least the ones where women waited several decades to come forward.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Probably so. Except for Matt Lauer. Installing a button that locks the door? That's ****ing creepy.

Eh, kind of normal for high-profile sorts.

Worked with the President of a big company downtown. He had something similar on his desk. While security was one possible use, I believe he mentioned hitting it if an impromptu important conversation began with another Officer-level partner. Just a quick "we don't want to be interrupted" sort of thing.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Eh, kind of normal for high-profile sorts.

Worked with the President of a big company downtown. He had something similar on his desk. While security was one possible use, I believe he mentioned hitting it if an impromptu important conversation began with another Officer-level partner. Just a quick "we don't want to be interrupted" sort of thing.

How many employees are going to open the door and walk in uninvited into the President's office?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How many employees are going to open the door and walk in uninvited into the President's office?

Depending on the conversation, even an assistant knocking as a warning and entering on the assumption she has authorization could be too much info spilled in their minds.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Uh oh! The New York State Attorney General has just resigned, only three hours after this story broke in The New Yorker regarding abuse allegations from four women.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...-physical-abuse/amp?__twitter_impression=true

He positioned himself as a champion of women's rights, a leader in the #Metoo movement and recently sued Harvey Weinstein.

Three hours after the publication of this story, Schneiderman resigned from his position. “While these allegations are unrelated to my professional conduct or the operations of the office, they will effectively prevent me from leading the office’s work at this critical time,” he said in a statement. “I therefore resign my office, effective at the close of business on May 8, 2018.”

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment. As New York State’s highest-ranking law-enforcement officer, Schneiderman, who is sixty-three, has used his authority to take legal action against the disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, and to demand greater compensation for the victims of Weinstein’s alleged sexual crimes. Last month, when the Times and this magazine were awarded a joint Pulitzer Prize for coverage of sexual harassment, Schneiderman issued a congratulatory tweet, praising “the brave women and men who spoke up about the sexual harassment they had endured at the hands of powerful men.” Without these women, he noted, “there would not be the critical national reckoning under way.”

Allegedly the AG had a proclivity toward violence against multiple women he was romantically involved with.

Now Schneiderman is facing a reckoning of his own. As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters. They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence. All have been reluctant to speak out, fearing reprisal. But two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have talked to The New Yorker on the record, because they feel that doing so could protect other women. They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. Manning Barish and Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as “assault.” They did not report their allegations to the police at the time, but both say that they eventually sought medical attention after having been slapped hard across the ear and face, and also choked. Selvaratnam says that Schneiderman warned her he could have her followed and her phones tapped, and both say that he threatened to kill them if they broke up with him. (Schneiderman’s spokesperson said that he “never made any of these threats.”)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I think we all know how that discussion went:

"Let's get rid of that convicted sex abuser."

"Which one?"

"Well, Cosby to start."

"What about Roman Polanski?"

"Look, she consented."

"She was 13."

"You're not telling me that it's illegal to have sex with a 13 year old?"

"Well, yeah, he fled the charges and was convicted."

"Kevin Spacey?"

"No, Roman Polanski. Besides, it's only really illegal to have sex with 13 year old girls."

"Well, technically......no, but in reality it sure seems like it."

"He's gone."

"Who's going to tell Meryl Streep?"

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Michigan State Univ. says it has reached $500,000,000 settlement with 332 women and girls who say they were sexually assaulted by Larry Nassar.

That $500M MSU settlement with Nassar victims? It comes with a caveat: the victims agree to stop advocating for the Michigan Legislature to pass two bills removing governmental immunity in cases involving childhood sexual abuse.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would bet that there's a lot of education industrial complex leadership in this MSU case that knew all about this guy but looked the other way, much like the mess at Penn State. That's going to be a big bill to pay, but from leadership's perspective the taxpayers can simply pick up the tab.

Top Bottom