• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Introducing the Steam Link

[video=youtube;mraRO_BNQG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mraRO_BNQG4[/video]

Caleb said:
    Do wha......?

It's a telltale game, like the Walking Dead, Borderlands, Game of Thrones. Interactive visual-novel sort of premise

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All the mgs5 talk in the other thread has reminded me it's probably time to look for deals. I played the short release version on XBone, which was really fun and had a great story. But I wanted to wait until the price dropped well after release. I'll probably buy it on PS4 though.

So I've heard that the full release is quite a bit different from the short prequel? How much different?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All the mgs5 talk in the other thread has reminded me it's probably time to look for deals. I played the short release version on XBone, which was really fun and had a great story. But I wanted to wait until the price dropped well after release. I'll probably buy it on PS4 though.

So I've heard that the full release is quite a bit different from the short prequel? How much different?

You referring to Ground Zeroes? Essentially a brief "demo" of The Phantom Pain.

TPP has, essentially, "the entire story" (not expanding on that... because there is talk of more/hidden content in the future).

50 main missions, 150 or so side missions, and a bunch of other base-related missions. I've "finished" the main campaign, but still only about 50% completion with all the extra stuff. It has a ton of content.

Not sure if any sales are coming up though...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You referring to Ground Zeroes? Essentially a brief "demo" of The Phantom Pain.

TPP has, essentially, "the entire story" (not expanding on that... because there is talk of more/hidden content in the future).

50 main missions, 150 or so side missions, and a bunch of other base-related missions. I've "finished" the main campaign, but still only about 50% completion with all the extra stuff. It has a ton of content.

Not sure if any sales are coming up though...

Yep, I'm talking about "Ground Zeros". I enjoyed that enough that I think TPP would be really fun. I especially liked the story line. But I've read articles that pretty much say that the full TPP goes in a different direction than GZ suggests. So I guess that's just to allow for future content. Makes sense.

As far as sales, I've got enough to play that I can wait. It's just time to start watching for deals.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Picked up Assassins Creed Syndicate Friday. Great game so far. The only issues I have experienced so far is a slow down for a couple seconds and one of my gang member turning into the invisible man. His hat was the only thing visible which made for some entertaining fights against rival gang members. My only complaint so far is you either have to grind like crazy to get enough loot for crafting and looting or rely on micro-transactions which was obviously their intent.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So does anyone have any comments on Halo yet? I haven't bought it yet. Waiting to hear what people think of it and then deciding if they're full of **** or not.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So does anyone have any comments on Halo yet? I haven't bought it yet. Waiting to hear what people think of it and then deciding if they're full of **** or not.

Coworker of mine thinks it's awesome! More likely then not, I will buy it when I have extra funds....but that's a while away

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Coworker of mine thinks it's awesome! More likely then not, I will buy it when I have extra funds....but that's a while away

Just got back from buying it. I lost 2 out of 3 in rock/paper/scissors so my son gets to play first. I'm not sure the joint venture was such a good idea. I'm probably gonna have to pull rank.

Seriously though I am looking forward to playing.

Top Bottom