• ...and so much more!
  • MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    Mild spoilers I guess.

Just finished Mad Max. That is the worst ending to any game I have ever played, and I beat Mass Effect 3... The last hour or so felt like it was written in a 30 minute blitz wrap up session, like the writers totally spaced and forgot the story was due tomorrow, and they were only half finished. I don't mind that it was dark, this IS Mad Max, but it was just completely devoid of reason, every single turn. They spend the whole game telling you Max doesn't care about anyone, only to have him fall in love in about 3 minutes of conversation. Then she dies. Then he drives his car off a cliff and kills his mechanic... for no reason, he could have thrown a thunderpoon or something. Really, really sloppy.

MilliJac

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2014
    The Fort
    The new StarCraft expansion comes out November 10. I've always liked the Protoss, it should be fun.

[video=youtube;M_XwzBMTJaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XwzBMTJaM#t=185[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope so. I'm going to pick up TTK after work, I'll report back after I've played it.

I bought TTK yesterday and damn I wish year one would have been this good. Just finished the story today. And it actually had a story. Some of the early missions are a bit pudding: too fast, too easy. The later missions are pretty good.

The story is pretty good compared to last year--ANY story would be. Not as detailed as many other games and not up to the potential that we know Bungie is capable of. But given the disappointments of year one, year two is much better so far.

i have renewed my addiction so I guess as far as play time, it's woth the 40 bucks to me.

Minecraft is basically the only game I've played for years - not that I have much time for gaming in general. I'm not enamored by the focus of 1.9 (the "battle" update), but there are some nice improvements coming. (And some mostly inconsequential ones - such as being able to make Steve left-handed - that I'll appreciate.)

Is there an INGO MC server? Any interest in one? I like playing with friends, and have been thinking about hosting one.
    I am also a minecraft addict but for PS4. I'm curious to see what the new story mode is going to be.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You want skill gap? Two words...

EVE Online...
    No joke whatsoever there... I started playing back in the day when you didn't get any starter skills...
    The learning curve in that game is just INSANE. You get 30 days when you first buy the game... it doesn't even begin to get good until minimum 3-6 months worth of real-time training...

Stopped playing about a year ago when my wormhole corp folded. Was starting to feel like work.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fallout 4 - Behind the Scenes with Dogmeat

Having a GSD myself... should be fun playing with one in FO4.

[video=youtube;NgY5kTWxDuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgY5kTWxDuI[/video]

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I bought TTK yesterday and damn I wish year one would have been this good. Just finished the story today. And it actually had a story. Some of the early missions are a bit pudding: too fast, too easy. The later missions are pretty good.

The story is pretty good compared to last year--ANY story would be. Not as detailed as many other games and not up to the potential that we know Bungie is capable of. But given the disappointments of year one, year two is much better so far.

i have renewed my addiction so I guess as far as play time, it's woth the 40 bucks to me.

I am also a minecraft addict but for PS4. I'm curious to see what the new story mode is going to be.

I have been enjoying TTK, I believe I so on you this past weekend.:shady: I think the new features are going to make it even better. Did you hear that it took around 12 hours t for one of the first few groups to complete the raid?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Regarding MGSV:PP...

I'm about 20 hours in (game says 13% progress). I'm absolutely loving it. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a game.

The Mother Base management is nice, and offers either a passive or active personnel management play style. I don't feel strapped for cash, so purchasing upgrades hasn't been a hassle.

Story is decently easy to follow without having played prior MG games. It's incredibly cinematic (every cutscene is shot from the view of an invisible cameraman, essentially). Combat offers a ton of choices... from putting enemies to sleep, stunning them, or "sticking them up" at close range by catching them by surprise. Interrogating enemies in the field is satisfying. Feels real with how much time it takes your helicopter to arrive after you call it in... you have to fly in and out to start/end a mission, etc. Conversations around you feel natural. The music is great (blaring David Bowie songs over my Heli speakers as I drop in? Damn straight.)

One other major surprise: I haven't had a single technical issue with this game. The Fox engine is unbelievable. It runs flawlessly, no frame-drops, no crashes, no issues at all. It's a shame Konami said they won't be re-using the engine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have been enjoying TTK, I believe I so on you this past weekend.:shady: I think the new features are going to make it even better. Did you hear that it took around 12 hours t for one of the first few groups to complete the raid?

I watched some of datto's live stream. They were getting pretty frustrated and pissed. I thought I had read somewhere that Gothalion's team did it in 7 hours.

I'm still a ways from trying the raid. Right now my light level is ~230 which is barely high enough to beat some of the events in the Court of Oryx. So I'm mostly working on completing quests, and grinding to get more legendary marks and gear.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Regarding MGSV:PP...

I'm about 20 hours in (game says 13% progress). I'm absolutely loving it. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun playing a game.

The Mother Base management is nice, and offers either a passive or active personnel management play style. I don't feel strapped for cash, so purchasing upgrades hasn't been a hassle.

Story is decently easy to follow without having played prior MG games. It's incredibly cinematic (every cutscene is shot from the view of an invisible cameraman, essentially). Combat offers a ton of choices... from putting enemies to sleep, stunning them, or "sticking them up" at close range by catching them by surprise. Interrogating enemies in the field is satisfying. Feels real with how much time it takes your helicopter to arrive after you call it in... you have to fly in and out to start/end a mission, etc. Conversations around you feel natural. The music is great (blaring David Bowie songs over my Heli speakers as I drop in? Damn straight.)

One other major surprise: I haven't had a single technical issue with this game. The Fox engine is unbelievable. It runs flawlessly, no frame-drops, no crashes, no issues at all. It's a shame Konami said they won't be re-using the engine.

I've been impressed with the graphics indeed, just wish there were some more customization options that PC games normally have, more sound level adjustment especially. I tend to multitask, so I keep my games a little lower while watching a movie on my 2nd monitor, and since my laptop crapped out, I've got to do both on my desktop...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mechanical Minds - Nuclear Fruit, Part One

A five part exploration of the Cold War's effect on video games

[video=youtube;vN3YsiMDOE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN3YsiMDOE8[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And still only about 39% through the game.

Loving every minute of it.

maxHnYj.png

Top Bottom