• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I know this is trivial as all hell, but Trump actually interrupted before Biden could even begin to answer his first question, and he interrupted him to thank him (of all things).

https://youtu.be/u_vRW75LH4c?t=1337

This one was so close it was hard to call until I watched it again:

https://youtu.be/u_vRW75LH4c?t=1457

So... Yeah, I'm gonna maintain my position that even though you're right on this except for me nit picking, that Trump carried the tone of the interruptions more than Biden did. I'm willing to review further analysis and change my opinion later, but that doesn't mean that it was a good performance for Trump even if Biden set the tone. It wasn't.

Here is the moment you're talking about and I agree that was the first legit interruption, and it was Biden:

https://youtu.be/u_vRW75LH4c?t=1485

Im just pointing out that all the lefties screaming that trump kept interrupting joe need to go rewatch the debate. Not saying trump shouldn’t have been the bigger person, just saying when a moderator and the other candidate are constantly interrupting you, at some point you gotta pull the gloves off or get tag teamed in front of the nation.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Im just pointing out that all the lefties screaming that trump kept interrupting joe need to go rewatch the debate. Not saying trump shouldn’t have been the bigger person, just saying when a moderator and the other candidate are constantly interrupting you, at some point you gotta pull the gloves off or get tag teamed in front of the nation.

I'm willing to have my mind changed, but I saw Trump do most of the interrupting, including of himself.

Also, fos is right here again. That was during the open discussion time. Still bad manners.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I should have been more specific. Who started the interruptions in the 2 min window. Is the time you are referring to was discussion time, if so I would expect some back and forth there.
    Back and forth is fine, that’s a discussion/debate. Interrupting a guy speaking, and then getting upset when he interrupts you after, isn’t. Open discussion doesn’t mean everyone start talking at the same time.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'm willing to have my mind changed, but I saw Trump do most of the interrupting, including of himself.

Also, fos is right here again. That was during the open discussion time. Still bad manners.

Are you counting Chris Wallace interrupting trump as interruptions also?

And if you watch the beginning of the debate, Joe interrupted him 3 times... shortly after Chris Wallace says ok gentlemen we’re now going into open discussion... sure seems as if he was interrupting him before the open discussion was announced. All I’m saying is he set the tone, so I don’t wanna hear “trump kept interrupting Biden” when all night long trump was interrupted by Biden AND Wallace.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That seems like you don't want to hear trump kept interrupting Biden BUT you are saying Biden and Wallace kept interrupting Trump. I disagree with that sentiment. It's apparent we don't even hold the same view of the rules of the debate if interruptions in discussion of a word or two equate to continual talking over each other.

Maybe we need a point system. 10 points for each interruption in the 2 min window where there are not supposed to be any and 1 point for each sentence said during the interruption. Then 1 point for each interruption during the discussion with 1 point for each sentence said over top of the other person and see who wins.

Then again I put more thought into that then I am willing to put into watching that whole thing again.

And if you watch the beginning of the debate, Joe interrupted him 3 times... shortly after Chris Wallace says ok gentlemen we’re now going into open discussion... sure seems as if he was interrupting him before the open discussion was announced. All I’m saying is he set the tone, so I don’t wanna hear “trump kept interrupting Biden” when all night long trump was interrupted by Biden AND Wallace.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That seems like you don't want to hear trump kept interrupting Biden BUT you are saying Biden and Wallace kept interrupting Trump. I disagree with that sentiment. It's apparent we don't even hold the same view of the rules of the debate if interruptions in discussion of a word or two equate to continual talking over each other.

Maybe we need a point system. 10 points for each interruption in the 2 min window where there are not supposed to be any and 1 point for each sentence said during the interruption. Then 1 point for each interruption during the discussion with 1 point for each sentence said over top of the other person and see who wins.

Then again I put more thought into that then I am willing to put into watching that whole thing again.

Thats not what I said, or am saying, at all. Again, as I said, Biden set the tone by interrupting trump first. You can’t interrupt somebody and expect not to be interrupted in return. And again, I don’t wanna hear the claim trump kept interrupting Biden, when all night long Biden and Wallace continually interrupted trump. I’m not saying trump didn’t interrupt Biden, I’m saying if you don’t want interrupted, don’t start interrupting... and if you do start interrupting, don’t point to the other guy and complain that he’s interrupting you when it’s your turn to speak.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Again, I'm willing to have my mind changed here, and I'm about as anti-Biden as it gets and desperately want Trump to win this election, but my gut impression as I first watched it (without soliciting outside influence) is that Trump was doing the majority of the interrupting. That has been his style as long as I have seen him speak in public, including during the 2016 debates and he had to reel it in then too.

If you want to continue to count up occurrences and such I'll take you at your word, but I can pretty easily see how the other side sees it that way since that's pretty much how I saw it too.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Again, I'm willing to have my mind changed here, and I'm about as anti-Biden as it gets and desperately want Trump to win this election, but my gut impression as I first watched it (without soliciting outside influence) is that Trump was doing the majority of the interrupting. That has been his style as long as I have seen him speak in public, including during the 2016 debates and he had to reel it in then too.

If you want to continue to count up occurrences and such I'll take you at your word, but I can pretty easily see how the other side sees it that way since that's pretty much how I saw it too.

I never made the claim trump didn’t do the majority of the interrupting. I just pointed out that Biden interrupted him at the very start, and after that wallace and Biden would interrupt trump during his answers, so everyone screaming about how much trump interrupted Biden is willingly ignoring the fact he was taking on 2 mics interrupting him all night, and only focusing on him interrupting Biden.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thats not what I said, or am saying, at all. Again, as I said, Biden set the tone by interrupting trump first. You can’t interrupt somebody and expect not to be interrupted in return. And again, I don’t wanna hear the claim trump kept interrupting Biden, when all night long Biden and Wallace continually interrupted trump. I’m not saying trump didn’t interrupt Biden, I’m saying if you don’t want interrupted, don’t start interrupting... and if you do start interrupting, don’t point to the other guy and complain that he’s interrupting you when it’s your turn to speak.

I actually looked up several definitions for "set the tone" to see if a single occurrence meets the definition... Looks like it does.

So, screw it, I'll allow it. Biden started it and everybody happily piled on the s-show for the next 90 minutes. I'm still looking at 3 guys that all participated in losing a debate for both sides.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

And they each have to have at least 50 quality interruptions to access the classifieds! ;)

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That genuinely is where the debate was the most useless. I know nothing more about the policy of either candidate than I did before I watched it.
    In all honesty, that’s always the case, even when the debates are civil. Never seen a politician that will tell the truth about their plans and intentions, it’s just a chance to lie to millions of viewers and call the other one a liar.

Honestly tho, why does the 3rd party candidate ever get to attend the debates? It seems like that would be considered some form of election interference when a candidate is being silenced by other parties and media.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That genuinely is where the debate was the most useless. I know nothing more about the policy of either candidate than I did before I watched it.

I think Trump was pretty clear on where he stood.

It was Biden who wouldn't be pinned down to any specific policy or direction.

The problem was as soon as either candidate started elaborating on policy, Chris Wallace immediately interrupted and tried to stop them.

Top Bottom