• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    However, I thought Wallace did Trump a favor interrupting that answer because it seemed to me he was trying to give Trump an opportunity to without question disavow himself from true extremists groups. Trump just catered to black voters by saying something about the KKK. He could have easily tossed that out there, but he didn't.

I find this position sad but not unexpected. Did you miss the fact that Wallace, who should be a relatively neutral party, was equating militias with white supremacists and the troubles in Kenosha among other places with white supremacists and right wing extremists. The moderator is throwing out left wing talking points, for gods sake. Trump shouldn't have to debate the moderator (something he commented on). Could you refute the lie that militias are white supremacists, the lie that any groups other than antifa and BLM are responsible for the rioting in Kenosha (esp. not WS groups) and respond to yet another 'why won't you disavow white supremacists and right wing extremists, sir' set-up and do it all in 2 minutes extemporaneously?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Biden was debating himself on quite a few occasions.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is also a moment I was highly baffled by.

[video=youtube;66ynU732y2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ynU732y2c[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think Trump was pretty clear on where he stood.

It was Biden who wouldn't be pinned down to any specific policy or direction.

The problem was as soon as either candidate started elaborating on policy, Chris Wallace immediately interrupted and tried to stop them.

I think my gripe is deeper than that. 2 minutes just isn't enough time to give a meaningful answer to any real policy question. Hatin' was saying pages ago that all of us have the power to look into policy as much as we want without the debates, and he's right. What I want to see is the candidates actually argue out their strategy and illustrate why one guy's idea is better than the other guy's. If it takes all night, fine with me. One liners, even if I agree with them, don't really expand the conversation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am sorry you are sad. Not surprised at your interpretations as they are to be expected.
    I find this position sad but not unexpected. Did you miss the fact that Wallace, who should be a relatively neutral party, was equating militias with white supremacists and the troubles in Kenosha among other places with white supremacists and right wing extremists. The moderator is throwing out left wing talking points, for gods sake. Trump shouldn't have to debate the moderator (something he commented on). Could you refute the lie that militias are white supremacists, the lie that any groups other than antifa and BLM are responsible for the rioting in Kenosha (esp. not WS groups) and respond to yet another 'why won't you disavow white supremacists and right wing extremists, sir' set-up and do it all in 2 minutes extemporaneously?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree, but I think in the moment trump was more focused on the fact the left continually fails to condemn any of the left wing groups that are actually causing violence. BLM and Antifa are responsible for all the destruction in the cities this year, not white supremacists. I think he wanted to hammer that point home, and by doing so failed to point out his stance on the KKK, which if fake news actually wasn’t biased, would already be well known.

This^^^ If you don't refute Wallace's lie that it is white supremacists and right wing extremists causing the troubles in places like Kenosha and you just disavow - again - those groups, then you leave the impression that blaming those troubles on anyone other than antifa and BLM might be correct

I don't see Trump as particularly vulnerable to the 'refuses to disavow WS and RWE groups' canard, I think the focus on that and the 'Deterrance' facebook thing shows their internal polling vis a vis PoC isn't giving them good news and they're getting desperate

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    After seeing the deficits and debt Trump and his supporters are in favor of in a year, whats a few trillion over a decade? Surprised when any hardcore Trump supporter is willing to quibble about the budget.
    His is only $15 trillion instead of $16 trillion?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't have any problem with his answer on the Proud Boys. It was clear to me he told them to back off. He missed an opportunity to state the case on the destruction of the left and the anger it creates among the majority of us who understand that BLM is run by Marxists.

But, I don't consider what he said to be a validation of White Supremacy. But, as a white guy, I'm pissed that my voice isn't heard when BLM is destroying anything and everything with no response from those who should be curb-stomping more than a few of them.

Proud Boys is so not a WS group, neither is Patriot Prayer. Oath Keepers is not an extremist group and the SPLC is a proven shill for leftists

When I think of white supremacists, I think Christian Identity and Aryan Nations and I'm not aware of any of this type of group being active except perhaps to turn out armed in their own towns to see antifa on their way. So I just don't see the call by Wallace to disavow WS groups as anything but furthering the left's narrative to obfuscate who is to blame for Democrat-run cities being lawless ****holes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like what Ben shapiro said. Don’t mute the mics, just make the other a chipmunk voice while the candidate is answering a question.

But yes, I wish they’d just sit in a room with them 2 [and a conch shell], and debate. No moderators, no time limit, nothing. Let’s hear them discuss issues they wanna argue about.

*.*

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After seeing the deficits and debt Trump and his supporters are in favor of in a year, whats a few trillion over a decade? Surprised when any hardcore Trump supporter is willing to quibble about the budget.

And remind me... who controls the purse strings again? Seems to me, it's not the Executive branch.

Top Bottom