• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump just showed America last night how weak and ineffective Biden really is.

To Trump’s base surely. To others not so much. I spent the first 15 minutes waiting for Biden to fall down dead, have a long memory lapse, or simply seem out of it. That Biden never showed up. For as much as the Trump campaign tried to play up how frail and mentally “not there” he was, it never came to fruitation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The fact that people are blaming Wallace for Trump’s meltdown indicates, at least to me, that they believe Biden had the better showing. But to be fair all Biden needed to do was remain standing.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Biden stumbled a little bit, but he was no where near looking as feeble as Trump had hoped or what the expectations came from watching the right wing youtube videos of Biden gaffes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The fact that people are blaming Wallace for Trump’s meltdown indicates, at least to me, that they believe Biden had the better showing. But to be fair all Biden needed to do was remain standing.

[video=youtube_share;jv7jcciKB_s]http://youtu.be/jv7jcciKB_s[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh God... I came back to the political section...

Hang on there, sir. The rest of what he wrote is important too:

This, as I watched the debate, is accurate. Most of conservative media today (including tons of guys in this thread) are saying they'd wished Trump would have stopped interrupting and just let Biden hang himself. I agree.

So... fos might be partisan (aren't we all?), but his point is completely fair, IMO.

I agree to an extent. Maybe if the “moderator” would’ve let trump actually answer questions he was asked, he wouldn’t have had to interrupt to voice his positions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    To Trump’s base surely. To others not so much. I spent the first 15 minutes waiting for Biden to fall down dead, have a long memory lapse, or simply seem out of it. That Biden never showed up. For as much as the Trump campaign tried to play up how frail and mentally “not there” he was, it never came to fruitation.
    Well, that said, it’s a bad sign for the left. At least if he was mentally ill they could use that excuse for all his gaffes... now it pretty much proves he’s just really damn stupid when he says that ****

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I sure never expected that Biden would fall down dead, and anyone really believing that crap was duped by a media narrative to level the debate expectations...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Did biden answer any question put to him?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I agree to an extent. Maybe if the “moderator” would’ve let trump actually answer questions he was asked, he wouldn’t have had to interrupt to voice his positions.
    I do remember that happening at least once. I believe it was on the white supremacy thing. I also remember it happened to Biden at least once but I don't remember the question.

How many questions were directed to Trump and how many did Wallace interrupt on the response?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

The only showing that matters is in the minds of voters and that is exceedingly difficult to ascertain accurately. But the Telemundo poll (a loose interpretation of the word poll) showing the viewers there favoring Trump was fascinating...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    However, I thought Wallace did Trump a favor interrupting that answer because it seemed to me he was trying to give Trump an opportunity to without question disavow himself from true extremists groups. Trump just catered to black voters by saying something about the KKK. He could have easily tossed that out there, but he didn't.

I do remember that happening at least once. I believe it was on the white supremacy thing. I also remember it happened to Biden at least once but I don't remember the question.

How many questions were directed to Trump and how many did Wallace interrupt on the response?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'd have to go back and confirm with a stop watch, but I believe what primarily kept Trump from finishing his answers was Trump. The dude just cannot come to a brief point and has to ramble for about 30 seconds before saying anything of meaning, then stop about every 10 seconds thereafter to pat himself on the back as he goes.

That works just fine at a campaign rally where people want to celebrate with him, but it works for s*** in a debate. Again, I understand that is just how Trump is, and most days it's just fine, but it doesn't do him any favors in a debate. He needs to reel it in, stay on point, and let Biden lose the game rather than keep screaming that he wants to win.

Easy examples of how to do this:
    Will you condemn racists and militias?: I condemn racism. Next question.
    Did you only pay $750 in taxes?: No. Next question.

Then let Biden try to figure out how to deal with it, likely by calling him a liar or a racist again and smearing more egg on his own face. Those were perfect setups that were squandered.

We have American cities burning right now and the economy flying around the fire with democrats being pretty easy targets to catch the blame. This debate should have been a backboard shattering slam dunk and at least 75% of the blame for why it wasn't is on Trump. I've got a pretty strong feeling his team is going to see it the same way and you're going to see a much better performance at the next debate. I already believe we've seen the finest that Biden has to offer and it wasn't that fine.

So... We'll see.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    However, I thought Wallace did Trump a favor interrupting that answer because it seemed to me he was trying to give Trump an opportunity to without question disavow himself from true extremists groups. Trump just catered to black voters by saying something about the KKK. He could have easily tossed that out there, but he didn't.
    I honestly don’t know how many times he interrupted after asking him a question, I plan on rewatching the debate tonight so I’ll try to keep track of that... for science

And honestly, should he have to condemn the KKK? He just registered them as a terrorist organization, I don’t think you can do much more to separate yourself from them?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wouldn't ask should he have to...I would ask, given what Wallace asked him, why not? It's low hanging fruit and as you pointed out he just did but he had an opportunity to toot that horn on a much larger stage and failed to do so.

I honestly don’t know how many times he interrupted after asking him a question, I plan on rewatching the debate tonight so I’ll try to keep track of that... for science 

And honestly, should he have to condemn the KKK? He just registered them as a terrorist organization, I don’t think you can do much more to separate yourself from them?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'd have to go back and confirm with a stop watch, but I believe what primarily kept Trump from finishing his answers was Trump. The dude just cannot come to a brief point and has to ramble for about 30 seconds before saying anything of meaning, then stop about every 10 seconds thereafter to pat himself on the back as he goes.

That works just fine at a campaign rally where people want to celebrate with him, but it works for s*** in a debate. Again, I understand that is just how Trump is, and most days it's just fine, but it doesn't do him any favors in a debate. He needs to reel it in, stay on point, and let Biden lose the game rather than keep screaming that he wants to win.

Easy examples of how to do this:
    Will you condemn racists and militias?: I condemn racism. Next question.
    Did you only pay $750 in taxes?: No. Next question.

Then let Biden try to figure out how to deal with it, likely by calling him a liar or a racist again and smearing more egg on his own face. Those were perfect setups that were squandered.

We have American cities burning right now and the economy flying around the fire with democrats being pretty easy targets to catch the blame. This debate should have been a backboard shattering slam dunk and at least 75% of the blame for why it wasn't is on Trump. I've got a pretty strong feeling his team is going to see it the same way and you're going to see a much better performance at the next debate. I already believe we've seen the finest that Biden has to offer and it wasn't that fine.

So... We'll see.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to maxwelhse again.

Thats definitely a point of view I can agree with. Honestly, if Biden’s team were smart, they’d find an excuse not to debate again. As you said, Trump is going to come out even better in the next debate. Just like 2016 debates, the first was a **** show, but the next ones he dominated. He felt Biden out and saw his approach, now he can hammer home all the points he made that Biden couldn’t answer... SCOTUS, green new deal, Antifa, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden “caught” covid before the next one... but that’d be another +1 for trump to be able to say “see, it isn’t as deadly as fake news makes it out to be, if old man joe can survive it why shut down the country?” I think Biden’s in for a tough month now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Biden does have dementia. It's pretty clear.
    He is also a weak old man and no way in hell I would give him the keys to the castle.

Trump wasnt having any of Joe's political bs nor Wallace's. Good for him.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I wouldn't ask should he have to...I would ask, given what Wallace asked him, why not? It's low hanging fruit and as you pointed out he just did but he had an opportunity to toot that horn on a much larger stage and failed to do so.
    I agree, but I think in the moment trump was more focused on the fact the left continually fails to condemn any of the left wing groups that are actually causing violence. BLM and Antifa are responsible for all the destruction in the cities this year, not white supremacists. I think he wanted to hammer that point home, and by doing so failed to point out his stance on the KKK, which if fake news actually wasn’t biased, would already be well known.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What people aren’t realizing about the debate is trump doesn’t need to appeal to his base. We are already voting trump and he knows that. He’s trying to dismantle the left, and in that regard he did a fine job. Joe runs as being the “moderate” left candidate, so trump is trying to separate him from the radical leftists, which he did. Stacking the Supreme Court, scotus justice picks, green new deal, Antifa.... trump basically forced Biden to disown all of that, and by doing so made the radical left unmotivated to vote for Biden. Now the next debate he’s going to focus even more so on dismantling his positions and pushing the far left even further away from joe.

Top Bottom