• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think what Kut is getting at is the stats should cause you to look deeper into the department/stats to see why the stats are what they are. Simply taking the stats at face value (as racist or not) is leaving a lot on the table. 80-90% should make you stop and dig into other info to see what is really going on.

I agree with that.

....and the answer could be any number of things, but there seems to be a rush in the media to conclude that they indicate racist law enforcement.

How many of the arrests are of males (my guess, nearly 100%)? Sexism or males actually doing the stuff that gets you arrested?

What are the comparative employment rates? What are the comparative income levels?

People without jobs and with unstable and low incomes seem to get arrested more than those with stable, good jobs. Is that because police choose to arrest poor people or because they actually commit more crime?

There is more here than race that may be at work in these statistics, but since race seems to be the only focus, we're led to conclude that it must be race...and therefore ​racism.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DOJ: No credible evidence Michael Brown's hands were up, said he likely punched Wilson and then went for gun at car

B_RYHikVEAAIUDB.png:large

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    DOJ: No credible evidence Michael Brown's hands were up, said he likely punched Wilson and then went for gun at car

B_RYHikVEAAIUDB.png:large

Wait...so you mean a jury of our peers actually got it right?!? All the evidence and testimony was, in fact, accurate??? Get out of town

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have only two issues with what happened and go **** yourself isn't one.

First, like I said, another mod should have dealt the punishment. Had that happened, I doubt anyone would have an issue with the ban.
    Second, when someone acts inappropriately, apologizes, but does nothing to correct their mistake, I'm left to wonder how sincere the apology is. This has happened three times (that I know of) and only one time did the mod actually do something that showed that he was sorry for his actions. Saying sorry is just lip service. Showing sorry is more meaningful.

If he hadn't said he was the one who actually Banned Hornady, nobody would ever know which of us did it, so.. what difference would it make if VUPD had msgd another Mod and said "Ban him" instead of doing it himself?

Again, what you see happen here, is not all that is going on. People tend to see one incident that was the proverbial "straw" and take that as the sole reason we take action. I can assure you, short of SPAMmers, we rarely hand out bans for First Offenses..

And, as asked previously.. "Correct the mistake" how exactly? unban Hornady until he trolls someone else then ban him again?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If he hadn't said he was the one who actually Banned Hornady, nobody would ever know which of us did it, so.. what difference would it make if VUPD had msgd another Mod and said "Ban him" instead of doing it himself?

Again, what you see happen here, is not all that is going on. People tend to see one incident that was the proverbial "straw" and take that as the sole reason we take action. I can assure you, short of SPAMmers, we rarely hand out bans for First Offenses..

And, as asked previously.. "Correct the mistake" how exactly? unban Hornady until he trolls someone else then ban him again?

Seems simple to me. If he trolls someone else, he's gone. If he trolls a mod, then another mod should deal with it.

The difference is, the other mod isn't reacting out of spite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom