• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Again.. "what difference would it make if VUPD had msgd another Mod and said "Ban him" instead of doing it himself?"

You might have a point, if this had been Hornady's first offense... instead of one of MANY

A huge difference. He would have been able to honestly say he didn't mishandle it because he was angry. So this wasn't his first offense, so what? That doesn't change the fact that the wrong person banned him out of spite. That's the point. This isn't the first time that concerns have been raised about how issues were not handled properly. Again, nothing will be done to correct the mistake and the mods will be scratching their heads wondering why people are up in arms the next time an issue comes up.

If my opinion is no longer desired, then I'll ask vupdblue to let me know, and I'll drop it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A huge difference. He would have been able to honestly say he didn't mishandle it because he was angry. So this wasn't his first offense, so what? That doesn't change the fact that the wrong person banned him out of spite. That's the point. This isn't the first time that concerns have been raised about how issues were not handled properly. Again, nothing will be done to correct the mistake and the mods will be scratching their heads wondering why people are up in arms the next time an issue comes up.

If my opinion is no longer desired, then I'll ask vupdblue to let me know, and I'll drop it.

Roadie is trying to say that he would've been banned anyway. Therefore, it wasn't really out of spite.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Roadie is trying to say that he would've been banned anyway. Therefore, it wasn't really out of spite.

If another mod agreed, and I'm sure he would have, and the other mod banned him, then your statement would be valid. Since vupdblue already admitted that he reacted out of anger, it definitely was out of spite.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems simple to me. If he trolls someone else, he's gone. If he trolls a mod, then another mod should deal with it.

The difference is, the other mod isn't reacting out of spite.

If someone punches me on the job and I lock them up for battery, did I do it out of spite?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Exactly..

He should have asked another mod to evaluate the situation, not flat-out ban.

First, how would you know he didn't ask other Mods to evaluate?
    Second, how would you know WHO banned him if VUPD hadn't admitted to it?
    Third, the ban was warranted, period.

We keep getting told we are too harsh, etc, but if you read the Rules, we are actually pretty(very) lenient..
    4) As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning via PM (Private Message).

Would you prefer we stick to the "Letter of the Law" as written?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm sure 75% of my posts are reported.
    :D

Personally I've only reported about 10% of them do if mine is any clue of an average your math may be off.
    JK.. Truly I've never reported any of your post. Attempt at humor.

Most Horn's post's as of late seem to be trolling, badgering, confrontational in nature. JMHO. He was looking for it.
    ----

As for the Ferguson PD. I don't know what to believe. What I do know is Daron Wilson made a split second decision that divided the nation. It seems like a lot of fellow cops & citizens agree that it was a tough call and more people agree with his choice then disagree. The DOJ seen to keep throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. So far nothing has.

And every time this issue comes back in the media it divides the black and white community more. I think LEO's and the community's have learned from this experience. I hope (as things go forward) we can continue to learn from this and bring all community's together. LEO, black and white's and every other racie religion and so forth.

We need to stop using this situation as a wedge. Use it as a rope to pull together. JMHO. That's what I'd like to see happen.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If another mod agreed, and I'm sure he would have, and the other mod banned him, then your statement would be valid. Since vupdblue already admitted that he reacted out of anger, it definitely was out of spite.
    He mentioned his comment was out of anger, not the actual banning.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    And the cycle continues...

To which cycle are you referring? You have two other mods in here saying that the banning was legit. Either of us would've done the same had we saw the posts and the attacks. So, how again does this make it out of spite? He would've been banned anyway.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First, how would you know he didn't ask other Mods to evaluate?
    Second, how would you know WHO banned him if VUPD hadn't admitted to it?
    Third, the ban was warranted, period.

We keep getting told we are too harsh, etc, but if you read the Rules, we are actually pretty(very) lenient..

Would you prefer we stick to the "Letter of the Law" as written?

1. Because of how fast it was, and what mods were on at the time. Are you saying he did leave it up to someone else?

2. Mods here have been pretty open about bans, and who did them. I'd expect that same level of respect to the users that request such info. It's not required, but like I said, mods have been cool about it.

3. I never said it was unwarranted. Quite the opposite, actually.

My recent view of mods has been positive. I've noticed the past few months have been very quiet when it comes to bans and whatnot. People have been able to discuss sensitive topics without in-thread warnings and outright bans flying around, and I think maybe something went on behind the scenes to cause this. Maybe a discussion among mods, I have no idea. All in all, I like how it's been lately. Mods have seemed "cooler", and less "hammery".

Enforce how you like, but with any decision, thinking before hitting "submit" on that reply may be encouraged. Apologies were already issued, so what's done is done.

You should call another Officer and ask their opinion, and if warranted, have the other Officer make the arrest..

Modding a forum and physical abuse in the real world are very different things, but you know that.

---

The e-mails sent around among Ferguson officers weren't exactly ... great.

Federal probe uncovers a racist joke about Obama in official Ferguson email - The Washington Post

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Should VUPD unban Horn and then immediately have one of the other mods ban him again...?

We can do that if it will make people feel better :)

To which cycle are you referring? You have two other mods in here saying that the banning was legit. Either of us would've done the same had we saw the posts and the attacks. So, how again does this make it out of spite? He would've been banned anyway.

Exactly.

HOW it was handled, was perhaps not the best, as has been admitted.. but WHAT was done was exactly what any of us would have done.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    He mentioned his comment was out of anger, not the actual banning.

^^This.

This is starting to sound like the oft-heard comment in a union worksite that the guy working on something can't fix a related problem due to it preventing a guy from another union from doing his job. That is, a plumber can't fit two pipes together, he has to wait for a pipefitter to show up. Ignore the specific jobs, I've never been a union guy, so I don't know specifics.
    VUPDBlue did the job any of us would have done.
    He also made a comment most of us would not have made, for which he's apologized. Again, some will accept the apology, others will not.
    I hope those of you who will not don't live in glass houses. Those stones you're throwing can come back. Again, no threat. Just saying that if you want him/us to be more lenient, don't be upset when you come to us to handle a problem user and we follow your suggestion.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I haven't said the ban was unwarranted. I've said, and continue to say, the person who issued the ban because he was angry was out of line. If he wanted to make it right, he would reverse his decision. If Hornadylnl is such a problem, it wouldn't be long before he gave another opportunity to receive the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom