Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I guess everyone else is stumped too. I'll probably take the old firing pin with to the range tomorrow in case it does it there.

I would check the FP tunnel for corrosion, clean, polish, lube as needed, maybe it has buildup of powder residue. Check the diameter of the new FP make sure it is not OS.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't know anything about Geco ammo, anyone ever use it?

It's Swiss made and quite good ammo from what I've used of it. Its popular with IDPA and USPSA shooters. Some of the 9mm FMJ loaded a bit hotter than standard range ammo, same is true with 38SA. Don't know if they make JHP and if they do have no experience with it

ETA: ie their 115gr 9mm FMJ is a claimed 1220fps instead of the usual 1150 - 1175. Their 38SA FMJ is 124gr claimed 1290fps as opposed to the more usual 129 - 130gr stuff at around 1215fps

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's Swiss made and quite good ammo from what I've used of it. Its popular with IDPA and USPSA shooters. Some of the 9mm FMJ loaded a bit hotter than standard range ammo, same is true with 38SA. Don't know if they make JHP and if they do have no experience with it

ETA: ie their 115gr 9mm FMJ is a claimed 1220fps instead of the usual 1150 - 1175. Their 38SA FMJ is 124gr claimed 1290fps as opposed to the more usual 129 - 130gr stuff at around 1215fps

That sounds good to me. I usually shoot 124 grain anyway. I am going to grab a case.
    Thanks for the heads up wtburnette.

Be careful with Fiocchi if you have a custom CZ. The primers are a bit harder and you can have some problems.

I just went through a case of Fiocchi, good stuff. But as a 9mm revolver shooter I can tell you it is softer shooting than any other 115 grain 9mm I have tried. Hard primers and less velocity.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That sounds good to me. I usually shoot 124 grain anyway. I am going to grab a case.
    Thanks for the heads up wtburnette.

You're quite welcome. I snagged a cased myself. When I go to the range tomorrow I'll dip under 1k rounds of 9mm, so it's time to replenish :)

Thanks for the info on the harder primers on the Fiocchi BA. Once I start upgrading my CZ's I'll need to keep that in mind. If you could, would you mind listing some ammo that seems to work fine with custom CZ's? I believe you stated previously that Blazer Brass was your go to ammo? Just making sure I remembered correctly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You're quite welcome. I snagged a cased myself. When I go to the range tomorrow I'll dip under 1k rounds of 9mm, so it's time to replenish :)

Thanks for the info on the harder primers on the Fiocchi BA. Once I start upgrading my CZ's I'll need to keep that in mind. If you could, would you mind listing some ammo that seems to work fine with custom CZ's? I believe you stated previously that Blazer Brass was your go to ammo? Just making sure I remembered correctly.
    I haven't had any problems with CCI, Winchester or Federal primers.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers

I think AIM Surplus has 124gn Geko for $10.99/50
    not sure what you paid for Fiocchi

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm back guys! No need to worry about me! I'll have to go back through and read all those very important posts that I missed. Louisville is a nice city, we did end up in the hood on 3 separate occasions, but everyone survived....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm back guys! No need to worry about me! I'll have to go back through and read all those very important posts that I missed. Louisville is a nice city, we did end up in the hood on 3 separate occasions, but everyone survived....

Welcome back. You are just in time for the ammo discussion.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think AIM Surplus has 124gn Geko for $10.99/50
    not sure what you paid for Fiocchi

Same price, but free shipping. I should say "free" shipping, as they add $3.19 for shipping insurance that is mandatory, but it's still better than most places that charge a minimum of $20 shipping on top of the ammo price (unless there's a sale or discount code). The nice thing with TargetSportsUSA is that while the ammo prices fluctuate, if you buy by the case it's always "free" shipping.

Just went to AIM because I was curious. The ammo is actually $10.75/50 round box, which comes out to $215 per case. Shipping is showing me another $14.07, so it would work out to ~$229, $6 more than I paid. Either way, good price. Oh and I bought the Geco, not the Fiocchi. I was just listing the Fiocchi as well in case someone preferred it to Geco.

Range day tomorrow, can't wait. Er, wait, today I mean :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom