• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Man it's hard to keep up with this thread! I missed all the Mopar talk! My fun monies got a swiped away by a mopar last night! 1970 Plymouth Fury III. Original paint, only surface rust. 135,000 on the original 318. Got in it right so she's gonna be a flipper. Nice cruiser!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man it's hard to keep up with this thread! I missed all the Mopar talk! My fun monies got a swiped away by a mopar last night! 1970 Plymouth Fury III. Original paint, only surface rust. 135,000 on the original 318. Got in it right so she's gonna be a flipper. Nice cruiser!

My 68 Charger was the replacement for my 1968 Impala S/S convertible that was stolen. It was a COPO car. 427 450 HP 4 speed.
    The charger had wiring issues from day one. 5 months in my then wife (Ugh) was parking it at the Mall when smoke rolled out from under the dashboard. It burnt to the the ground.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got my CGW parts today for both CZ's. Installation was a breeze. My DA pulls dropped from roughly 11lbs for both to roughly 7.5lbs, and the extended firing pins did no extra damage to the primers with the 13lbs hammer springs.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Update on the P-01 and 75B surgeries by llh1956...

Holy crap. Just... wow. I would never have thought a CZ SA/DA trigger could break like a nice 1911 with the CGW parts. Not only that, but llh1956 did a bit of extra homework with polishing up any rough spots where metal meets metal.

Holy. Crap. These are two different guns! I humbly :bowdown: to the expertise of llh1956. Great guy with hands steady as a doctor, I can't recommend him enough if this is a route you think you might want to go. It's not cheap, but I can't recommend him highly enough.

One lesson learned (if I had it to do over again) is that I think I would have tried to go with the Omega triggers out of the gate (such as the P-02 over the P-01). I know it's the newer, better trigger of the two, and had it in my P-07 models, but I always thought you could take the stock, standard trigger farther than the Omega. The truth is, the standard CZ trigger has farther to go. The Omega sounds easier to upgrade, as it has fewer moving parts to begin with, is less expensive all the way around with the initial purchase and fewer CGW parts, and provides similar, if not better, results with the CGW parts.

But truly, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It doesn't happen often, but my expectations have been exceeded.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Holy crap. Just... wow. I would never have thought a CZ SA/DA trigger could break like a nice 1911 with the CGW parts. Not only that, but llh1956 did a bit of extra homework with polishing up any rough spots where metal meets metal.

Holy. Crap. These are two different guns! I humbly :bowdown: to the expertise of llh1956. Great guy with hands steady as a doctor, I can't recommend him enough if this is a route you think you might want to go. It's not cheap, but I can't recommend him highly enough.

One lesson learned (if I had it to do over again) is that I think I would have tried to go with the Omega triggers out of the gate (such as the P-02 over the P-01). I know it's the newer, better trigger of the two, and had it in my P-07 models, but I always thought you could take the stock, standard trigger farther than the Omega. The truth is, the standard CZ trigger has farther to go. The Omega sounds easier to upgrade, as it has fewer moving parts to begin with, is less expensive all the way around with the initial purchase and fewer CGW parts, and provides similar, if not better, results with the CGW parts.

But truly, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It doesn't happen often, but my expectations have been exceeded.

I wasn't kidding when I said that P-01 was amazing. I shot a stock one that TopDog had today at the range and have decided I need one. I like my 75B, but I think the P-01 fits my hand better and I definitely shoot it better. Oh well, maybe if I'm lucky I can sell my M&P 45c and make part of the money to get me a P-01... :ugh:

Yea Top Dog helped me make the decision to pick one up and the Ergos are incredible but will have to wait till Sunday for its first test drive!:rolleyes: LOL.

I feel your pain. Always hate to get a gun in that I can't shoot right after.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I wasn't kidding when I said that P-01 was amazing. I shot a stock one that TopDog had today at the range and have decided I need one. I like my 75B, but I think the P-01 fits my hand better and I definitely shoot it better. Oh well, maybe if I'm lucky I can sell my M&P 45c and make part of the money to get me a P-01... :ugh:

For whatever reason, I have always shot the P-01 better. I tore up the bulls-eye on my laser target board with my first 5 shots at about 12 - 13 yards. You definitely weren't kidding, and llh1956 showed me your target in person tonight. It's butter.

Then again, I just tore up the center of the target with the 75B too. But yeah, the P-01 fits my hands like a warm lump of clay. It's not the prettier of the two, but for me, it's definitely the better gun.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville

Glad to hear you love your guns and they are amazing once they leave llhs house!LOL. The CZs are still under advertised and overlooked, which is a good thing for guys like us!psyko

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Glad to hear you love your guns and they are amazing once they leave llhs house!LOL. The CZs are still under advertised and overlooked, which is a good thing for guys like us!psyko
    Although if people are reading our postings everyday, they're going to catch on eventually. So let's start talking how horrible our CZs are and maybe others will believe us and want to sell the ones they own off real cheap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom