Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Today is cleaning day. Everyone lined up, waiting their turn.
    IMG_0462_zpso3irxa2x.jpg
    Very cool!!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, I did just that. $400 is a pretty sweet deal, so I asked for pics, round count and where he was hoping to meet. Man, I need to stop hanging out in the thread :(

Keep us posted on how you make out on this if you decide to snag it. At this price point, if it's in good condition, it would make a really affordable starting point for some llh1956 Cajun surgery.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Keep us posted on how you make out on this if you decide to snag it. At this price point, if it's in good condition, it would make a really affordable starting point for some llh1956 Cajun surgery.

That was my thought. I haven't heard anything, but if I do and if I end up getting it, I'll definitely post here :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well late to the party today. Happy 4th everyone. Please take a moment today to remember those that have served and those that are still serving. Remember as you are eating hotdogs, service members are on duty, standing watch, paroling etc...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    We are both bummin right now :( :(

Honestly, that PCR that BA is talking about from the classifieds would be a similarly excellent candidate to Cajunize. It's pretty much a P-01 without the rail. My heart wants to go after it, but my head is telling me I don't need a P-01 and a PCR.

If I'm not mistaken, the PCR tends to go for a tick more $$ new... it seems to be the more desirable of the two from what I understand.

And yes, Happy 4th to everyone. I hold our service men and women in very high regard... Thanks to all past and present for what you do, and have done.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Honestly, that PCR that BA is talking about from the classifieds would be a similarly excellent candidate to Cajunize. It's pretty much a P-01 without the rail. My heart wants to go after it, but my head is telling me I don't need a P-01 and a PCR.

If I'm not mistaken, the PCR tends to go for a tick more $$ new... it seems to be the more desirable of the two from what I understand.

And yes, Happy 4th to everyone. I hold our service men and women in very high regard... Thanks to all past and present for what you do, and have done.

It is the other way around list, at least on the CZ web site. List price for the P01 is slightly more (perhaps because of the rail?). Now actual real world prices retail might be different. I like both but have a P01 because I like the idea of a rail. But the ways things are going I hope to add a PCR one day also. Who am I kidding. If things keep going the way they are I will end up with just about all the CZ models...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Man, now you have me looking at that. So, I'm not extremely experienced buying used, especially the non-poly guns. He says there's some wear on the rails forward of the dust cover, is there anything to look for? Seems a good price on the gun, but I don't want to buy it and find out it's problematic.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Man, now you have me looking at that. So, I'm not extremely experienced buying used, especially the non-poly guns. He says there's some wear on the rails forward of the dust cover, is there anything to look for? Seems a good price on the gun, but I don't want to buy it and find out it's problematic.

The wear on the rails is likely where some of the finish has worn off from the gun cycling. Since the slide sits inside the frame, IMO, this is quite normal. My P-01 that I bought new has maybe around 400 rounds through it, which is not much at all, and some of the finish is starting to wear off the rails.

From what I know of CZ 75 models in general (be it a "B", P-01, PCR, Compact...), the firing pin is the most problematic part of the gun, prone to breaking the tip off. If you were to Cajunize it with the SRS-2 kit (ideally along with the 1485/T2 Disco kit that eliminates SA hammer pre-travel), their extended firing pin would replace the stock CZ firing pin anyway, plus the associated springs. Really, about the only things I can think of that would wear down a bit on a used PCR would be the springs and the firing pin.

It also looks like his might benefit from some new sights as well.

I think if you're interested, it's worth a look! Presuming it's not beat up when you see it in person, his asking price is well below what these run for new. And personally, I do kind of like the "tapered" looks of the Compact/PCR a bit better than the chunky front end of the P-01. I suspect this is why they tend to be a little more desirable than the P-01... it's subjective, but I think it's a prettier gun. So what if it doesn't have a rail... I have the option of putting a light on mine, and having the option is nice, but I probably never will.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The wear on the rails is likely where some of the finish has worn off from the gun cycling. Since the slide sits inside the frame, IMO, this is quite normal. My P-01 that I bought new has maybe around 400 rounds through it, which is not much at all, and some of the finish is starting to wear off the rails.

From what I know of CZ 75 models in general (be it a "B", P-01, PCR, Compact...), the firing pin is the most problematic part of the gun, prone to breaking the tip off. If you were to Cajunize it with the SRS-2 kit (ideally along with the 1485/T2 Disco kit that eliminates SA hammer pre-travel), their extended firing pin would replace the stock CZ firing pin anyway, plus the associated springs. Really, about the only things I can think of that would wear down a bit on a used PCR would be the springs and the firing pin.

It also looks like his might benefit from some new sights as well.

I think if you're interested, it's worth a look! Presuming it's not beat up when you see it in person, his asking price is well below what these run for new. And personally, I do kind of like the "tapered" looks of the Compact/PCR a bit better than the chunky front end of the P-01. I suspect this is why they tend to be a little more desirable than the P-01... it's subjective, but I think it's a prettier gun. So what if it doesn't have a rail... I have the option of putting a light on mine, and having the option is nice, but I probably never will.

Thanks for the feedback. Gonna go out and mow while thinking on it...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It is the other way around list, at least on the CZ web site. List price for the P01 is slightly more (perhaps because of the rail?). Now actual real world prices retail might be different. I like both but have a P01 because I like the idea of a rail. But the ways things are going I hope to add a PCR one day also. Who am I kidding. If things keep going the way they are I will end up with just about all the CZ models...

Yep, that is true... MSRP on the P-01 is a bit higher, but actual retail/used prices seem to favor the PCR. I just looked on Bud's Guns for a quick price check, and the PCR is a couple bucks more than the P-01 (also, make sure you're not looking at the CA-compliant P-01, that tends to run a little more than what we would want for the higher 14-round mag capacity).

EDIT: I had it backwards, and TD is correct - Bud's has the P-01 priced a few bucks more than the PCR, as does Grab-a-Gun.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Getting projects cleared away on the bench. When I get it cleared off I will get into the 3 CZ's in the "Q".
    These 2 are in progress. Threaded barrel in the SA.
    Full ignition controls in the ruger. I fit the match barrel bush today. MagWell and Grips in the mail

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom