88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Congrats on what must feel like getting a free gun by now MM. I’m sure that you had written the cost of the Rossi off a ways back. Pics coming?

I love this time of the year when you are not quite tired of the heat but these hints of fall pull your mind to the season to come. Fall has always been my favorite season. Fall is when we put the final wrap on the year and end it with a month of festivities and good food. Fall is also FGE season.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I wear shorts and a T-shirt all day long. Whatever is hanging on the hook on the bathroom door is what I put on, not much decision making to be done before coffee... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Congrats on what must feel like getting a free gun by now MM. I’m sure that you had written the cost of the Rossi off a ways back. Pics coming?

I love this time of the year when you are not quite tired of the heat but these hints of fall pull your mind to the season to come. Fall has always been my favorite season. Fall is when we put the final wrap on the year and end it with a month of festivities and good food. Fall is also FGE season.

Same here, love Fall! :rockwoot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wear shorts and a T-shirt all day long. Whatever is hanging on the hook on the bathroom door is what I put on, not much decision making to be done before coffee... :):
    After all those years of not having an option it has kinda become important to me. It's not that I really care what anyone else thinks. It's just exercising the option which was not available to me for so long.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Finally, the end to a long struggle to get some satisfaction ..... ended today.
    I'll try to condense this, but to make sense of it, I have to be a bit long-winded.

Many years ago, our youngest daughter was still living at home while she finished college (IUPUI). Until she bagged a nice scholarship to help with finances during her final year, we were looking at kicking in a fairly large sum of money to help her.

I decided that I wanted a 'beater' .357 magnum revolver for hiking, and spending some time in the woods. This was before we bought the property with our little cabin.
    So, I walked into Beech Grove Firearms, and bought a very basic 4" Rossi. (I can hear the groans !) ;) At the time, the extra $250 for a Smith & Wesson was a stretch.

Years later, Rossi decides that the gun is unsafe, due to lack of a drop-safety .... and decided to issue a 'recall'. I applied online for receiving a shipping label, and months went by, with no label sent. Once, I was actually able to talk to a customer service rep, and they had some story about "all the lawyers in all the states, must get approval from the State attorney generals for our settlement proposal".
    One year later, a shipping label showed up, with a promise of a 12 week turnaround for the warranty repair.

I sent in the revolver, and waited. At the 6 month juncture from them receiving the firearm, with no word from Rossi, and no response to emails ..... I tried to call them on the phone.
    It took another 5 months before I was finally able to speak to anyone. I pulled out my imaginary hair, while listening to the elevator music.
    Finally, a month later (which by this time was TWO YEARS from the time I first initiated the warranty repair .... I was told that I would receive a comparable Taurus revolver as settlement .... as my Rossi had been deemed "un-repairable".

Today, I picked-up that Taurus Model 65 from USDS in Greenwood. I was ever so glad to finally have something in my hand .... anything in my hand !
    Please ..... don't ever ask me what I think about Rossi firearms ! My face will likely catch on fire !!!

The End ....:)

No pics?

I kinda miss having a reason for getting out of bed in the morning.

Sometimes I get tired of the reason I do have to get out of bed (job... but not everything that the fruits of that labor helps my family do).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I too love the fall and these crisp mornings put me in that frame of mind
    It also reminds me to get the saw running and go get more wood because the hawk will be coming down from the north.
    I built CKW a nice circular fire pit. Pics when I get the landscaping done around it. She needed to smile and this worked.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After all those years of not having an option it has kinda become important to me. It's not that I really care what anyone else thinks. It's just exercising the option which was not available to me for so long.

I can totally see that. Waking up every morning to the same uniform, only having a change when you have a reason to put on the dress uniform, for as long as you were in probably makes the decision of what to wear every morning celebration of freedom.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I was caught up, called the bank to straighten out a problem, got put on hold, fixed problem, checked in and found I was two paged behind.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I posted this on the book of faces. I probably shouldn't post it here but this is what I believe:

[FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe that the death toll from Covid 19 is exaggerated. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe people are using the pandemic to make political hay.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe people really are dying from this virus.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe that not wearing a mask might be endangering people with underlying conditions especially respiratory issues.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe that the only thing you might hurt by wearing a mask is your pride.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yes, I believe that possibly endangering someone, for the sake of your pride is a total jackass move.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We don't know most of the answers but since wearing a mask won't hurt you why in the world would you risk someone else's life just for that?[/FONT]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom