gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Slept in...morning all.

I am thinking about getting Rugged Obsidian 9.

You would only need an extra piston if you had a gun you wanted to use it on that had different threading than the 1/2x28 it comes with. The piston stays with the suppressor when you remove it from a gun.

All of my 9mm pistols and 300BK AR pistol have 1/2x28 threads so I can direct thread the Obsidian 9 on all of them with the same piston installed.

With other types of silencers (typically rifle calibers) that use a quick connect brake or flash hider mount, you would probably want a mount for each gun you wanted to use it on.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Another instance where if I would had lots of money then I could buy what I want!

I haven't worked out a deal with the Mrs yet where I buy whatever I want and just give her a cut. We need to "discuss" purchases first. She's at work and can't discuss currently.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Slept in...morning all.

You would only need an extra piston if you had a gun you wanted to use it on that had different threading than the 1/2x28 it comes with. The piston stays with the suppressor when you remove it from a gun.

All of my 9mm pistols and 300BK AR pistol have 1/2x28 threads so I can direct thread the Obsidian 9 on all of them with the same piston installed.

With other types of silencers (typically rifle calibers) that use a quick connect brake or flash hider mount, you would probably want a mount for each gun you wanted to use it on.
    This makes more sense now! Thanks!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I haven't worked out a deal with the Mrs yet where I buy whatever I want and just give her a cut. We need to "discuss" purchases first. She's at work and can't discuss currently.
    Shouldn't the joy that she receives knowing that you got what you want be enough for her? LOL

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's incredible! So I need to wait 26 more years? Of course my wife could be on a different timeline :)

She got past it back when I had an FFL/SOT and would borrow money from the bank to make buys that I would them resell at a profit. It was tough the first time, the silent treatment, arguments, but that changed over time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've tried to involve the wife in my gun hobby over the years, but like everything else, she just isn't interested. She has tried to get me interested in gardening, but I'm not. We're still together.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always tell her what a good job she does with her gardening and I really mean it. Sometimes when I'm working on something with interesting grips or stocks she will say the gun looks nice. Sadly she has no appreciation for utility type firearms like ARs.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've tried to involve the wife in my gun hobby over the years, but like everything else, she just isn't interested. She has tried to get me interested in gardening, but I'm not. We're still together.

Abridged story but a man who had been married 70+ years told me the secret to a long marriage was two TVs.

He followed this up with a dissertation about being together but with individual interests. Separate but together.

I’ve tried to follow his advice. Made it to 27 years so far.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I told my wife I had a Sig P230 on the way and needed a black tux and an Austin Healey to go with it. Her only response was, "OK. I need to run to Target".

Pretty sure she ignores any sentence I say that has gun, ammo or ordered in it. :D
    That's awesome! LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom