Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks my friend but we are all dragging a load behind us these days yes..:)

Ain't that the truth.

But yesterday I concentrated on the load I really had behind me.

A4RdxJs.jpg

Took me about an hour to connect the electric brake controller. Pulls good everywhere but the concrete of I465 where it makes my chin wattles wiggle.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Congrats on what must feel like getting a free gun by now MM. I’m sure that you had written the cost of the Rossi off a ways back. Pics coming?

I love this time of the year when you are not quite tired of the heat but these hints of fall pull your mind to the season to come. Fall has always been my favorite season. Fall is when we put the final wrap on the year and end it with a month of festivities and good food. Fall is also FGE season.

Yes!

Glad for MM's warranty success story.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Took a while for me to get caught up this morning.
    Glad you got a pistol back, MM! What a headache!
    If the government didn't act in a way that was openly deceptive then there would be more people trusting it. To tell everyone to NOT buy masks because they don't help and then later to say actually wear a mask all the time you are around other people, that's garbage! I do wear a mask when I am out and in public my wife has asked me to do so, others wear a mask incorrectly and some don't wear them at all, I don't give a hoot.
    One of the most annoying things these days is that a lot of people are not happy to just have their own opinions and do things the way they want to do them, they want everyone else to think and act the same way. If you don't like guns then don't buy or own guns, but instead they want everyone to not have guns. They want to always wear a seatbelt, then everyone needs to wear seatbelts. They want to eat certain foods then everyone needs to eat those foods. Now every gun owner needs to own a CZ, but otherwise this is crazytown!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree Ben. People have lost perspective. Differences and acceptance of those different viewpoints are what make us strong as a country. Not the diversity :bs:that the left is pushing, but actual belief in and abiding by the 1st amendment the way we're supposed to. Live and let live, as long as someone else's freedoms are not infringed. Instead of getting butthurt over what someone else does, just go about your day. Would love to see us get back to that.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I agree Ben. People have lost perspective. Differences and acceptance of those different viewpoints are what make us strong as a country. Not the diversity :bs:that the left is pushing, but actual belief in and abiding by the 1st amendment the way we're supposed to. Live and let live, as long as someone else's freedoms are not infringed. Instead of getting butthurt over what someone else does, just go about your day. Would love to see us get back to that.

This would be a wonderful thing but I just don't see it happening. The people who are getting butt hurt because other do things different will continue to exist.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's disturbing for sure that I don't find people interested in learning the job. You just can't put a USB cable in my ear and transfer 45 years of experience into somebody else.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's disturbing for sure that I don't find people interested in learning the job. You just can't put a USB cable in my ear and transfer 45 years of experience into somebody else.

Almost anywhere you go, you have to have training to get how to do things correctly for xyz company. People have this expectation they learned something in college, or at a previous job but don't realize every company and sometimes every team is different and you have to learn the particulars of your specific position. I'm training someone now and thank God it's someone who understands all of this.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This would be a wonderful thing but I just don't see it happening. The people who are getting butt hurt because other do things different will continue to exist.

If the 4th turning theory is correct, we should be back to that point within 10 years. If not, we may never see it again for another millennia

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The Graybeard engineer retired and a few weeks later the Big Machine broke down, which was essential to the company’s revenue. The Manager couldn’t get the machine to work again so the company called in Graybeard as an independent consultant.
    Graybeard agrees. He walks into the factory, takes a look at the Big Machine, grabs a sledge hammer, and whacks the machine once whereupon the machine starts right up. Graybeard leaves and the company is making money again.
    The next day Manager receives a bill from Graybeard for $5,000. Manager is furious at the price and refuses to pay. Graybeard assures him that it’s a fair price. Manager retorts that if it’s a fair price Graybeard won’t mind itemizing the bill. Graybeard agrees that this is a fair request and complies.
    The new, itemized bill reads….
    Hammer: $5
    Knowing where to hit the machine with hammer: $4995

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Graybeard engineer retired and a few weeks later the Big Machine broke down, which was essential to the company’s revenue. The Manager couldn’t get the machine to work again so the company called in Graybeard as an independent consultant.
    Graybeard agrees. He walks into the factory, takes a look at the Big Machine, grabs a sledge hammer, and whacks the machine once whereupon the machine starts right up. Graybeard leaves and the company is making money again.
    The next day Manager receives a bill from Graybeard for $5,000. Manager is furious at the price and refuses to pay. Graybeard assures him that it’s a fair price. Manager retorts that if it’s a fair price Graybeard won’t mind itemizing the bill. Graybeard agrees that this is a fair request and complies.
    The new, itemized bill reads….
    Hammer: $5
    Knowing where to hit the machine with hammer: $4995

I use this openly a lot.....
    Them....WTF why is this so much...???

Me....Its not. The total is drastically less than what you stated was your other bid.

Them.....but you were only here 4 hours.

Me.....I know. 50 plus years of experience shows me what and where. That's what you are paying for.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I agree TT. Me and my wife are big fans of cold brew. It has a lot less acid than hot brewed coffee.
    My wife finally decided to try the "Iced Coffee" setting on our Keurig and now we use that thing a lot. Normally I enjoy hot coffee, but a cold coffee can be very refreshing and delicious!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom