• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Abridged story but a man who had been married 70+ years told me the secret to a long marriage was two TVs.

He followed this up with a dissertation about being together but with individual interests. Separate but together.

I’ve tried to follow his advice. Made it to 27 years so far.

Similarly 27 years here as well and the same thing on the interests.

Ii tend to think that people who meet/marry later may have more similar interests, but those of us who met early in life probably have a lot of the big things like similar upbringing/big values in common, but less on the specific interests... just a theory.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Similarly 27 years here as well and the same thing on the interests.

Ii tend to think that people who meet/marry later may have more similar interests, but those of us who met early in life probably have a lot of the big things like similar upbringing/big values in common, but less on the specific interests... just a theory.

CKW has made it 39 years with me. Not sure how.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Finally, the end to a long struggle to get some satisfaction ..... ended today.
    I'll try to condense this, but to make sense of it, I have to be a bit long-winded.

Many years ago, our youngest daughter was still living at home while she finished college (IUPUI). Until she bagged a nice scholarship to help with finances during her final year, we were looking at kicking in a fairly large sum of money to help her.

I decided that I wanted a 'beater' .357 magnum revolver for hiking, and spending some time in the woods. This was before we bought the property with our little cabin.
    So, I walked into Beech Grove Firearms, and bought a very basic 4" Rossi. (I can hear the groans !) ;) At the time, the extra $250 for a Smith & Wesson was a stretch.

Years later, Rossi decides that the gun is unsafe, due to lack of a drop-safety .... and decided to issue a 'recall'. I applied online for receiving a shipping label, and months went by, with no label sent. Once, I was actually able to talk to a customer service rep, and they had some story about "all the lawyers in all the states, must get approval from the State attorney generals for our settlement proposal".
    One year later, a shipping label showed up, with a promise of a 12 week turnaround for the warranty repair.

I sent in the revolver, and waited. At the 6 month juncture from them receiving the firearm, with no word from Rossi, and no response to emails ..... I tried to call them on the phone.
    It took another 5 months before I was finally able to speak to anyone. I pulled out my imaginary hair, while listening to the elevator music.
    Finally, a month later (which by this time was TWO YEARS from the time I first initiated the warranty repair .... I was told that I would receive a comparable Taurus revolver as settlement .... as my Rossi had been deemed "un-repairable".

Today, I picked-up that Taurus Model 65 from USDS in Greenwood. I was ever so glad to finally have something in my hand .... anything in my hand !
    Please ..... don't ever ask me what I think about Rossi firearms ! My face will likely catch on fire !!!

The End ....:)

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Finally, the end to a long struggle to get some satisfaction ..... ended today.
    I'll try to condense this, but to make sense of it, I have to be a bit long-winded.

Many years ago, our youngest daughter was still living at home while she finished college (IUPUI). Until she bagged a nice scholarship to help with finances during her final year, we were looking at kicking in a fairly large sum of money to help her.

I decided that I wanted a 'beater' .357 magnum revolver for hiking, and spending some time in the woods. This was before we bought the property with our little cabin.
    So, I walked into Beech Grove Firearms, and bought a very basic 4" Rossi. (I can hear the groans !) ;) At the time, the extra $250 for a Smith & Wesson was a stretch.

Years later, Rossi decides that the gun is unsafe, due to lack of a drop-safety .... and decided to issue a 'recall'. I applied online for receiving a shipping label, and months went by, with no label sent. Once, I was actually able to talk to a customer service rep, and they had some story about "all the lawyers in all the states, must get approval from the State attorney generals for our settlement proposal".
    One year later, a shipping label showed up, with a promise of a 12 week turnaround for the warranty repair.

I sent in the revolver, and waited. At the 6 month juncture from them receiving the firearm, with no word from Rossi, and no response to emails ..... I tried to call them on the phone.
    It took another 5 months before I was finally able to speak to anyone. I pulled out my imaginary hair, while listening to the elevator music.
    Finally, a month later (which by this time was TWO YEARS from the time I first initiated the warranty repair .... I was told that I would receive a comparable Taurus revolver as settlement .... as my Rossi had been deemed "un-repairable".

Today, I picked-up that Taurus Model 65 from USDS in Greenwood. I was ever so glad to finally have something in my hand .... anything in my hand !
    Please ..... don't ever ask me what I think about Rossi firearms ! My face will likely catch on fire !!!

The End ....:)
    Wow sounds great brother. Congrats

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm here ;)
    Good morning BA, WT, MM, anyone else lurking. That's what I usualy do in the AM
    I try to see how everyone has been and catch up on the thread but I'm really busy or BLAH so I don't really type much.
    Getting the kids fed and off to school takes up my attention

I was just burning a CD for my daily road trip. I don't have any actual responsibilities.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just sitting here starting work. I read new posts on the forum with my morning coffee, while starting up the work laptop and starting to catch up with any emails that need my attention. Once coffee is done I've normally finished reading INGO, looked up anything interested on Foxnews and have started actually getting work done. My life is so much fun... :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom