The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How about when that same person was previously selling just the upper and wanted to see a driver's license and LTCH??? :n00b:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/parts-accessories/475874-colt-le6920-complete-upper-w-bolt-bcg-ch.html

Sometimes you can't even make this stuff up. :):

Call me picky but asking for LTCH is just a bit much. You do not have t have an LTCH to buy a hand gun in Indiana. If I see that I move along even if t something I really want. If you have no idea who I am on Ingo you are not an active member at any level. That is the reason the forum is set up like it is.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very interested in some feedback on the Holosun.

Well, the gun is here and the red dot is here, just waiting on the mounting plate and I'll know more. I'm taking Wednesday off to get some errands done so I might just have to stop at the range and try out the new gun to see what I think. I'll post more once I'm able to do so.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Call me picky but asking for LTCH is just a bit much. You do not have t have an LTCH to buy a hand gun in Indiana. If I see that I move along even if t something I really want. If you have no idea who I am on Ingo you are not an active member at any level. That is the reason the forum is set up like it is.

Just an easy way of proving at some point in time you weren't a prohibited possessor. I don't have a problem with someone asking to see it as I always have it with me, so it's NBD. Now, if they want to record anything, take a picture of my ID's or want a bill of sale signed, that's where I draw the line. To each their own. You gotta do what makes you comfortable and pass on what doesn't.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Well, the gun is here and the red dot is here, just waiting on the mounting plate and I'll know more. I'm taking Wednesday off to get some errands done so I might just have to stop at the range and try out the new gun to see what I think. I'll post more once I'm able to do so.
    What are you putting it on? I was under the impression I didn't need one for mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just an easy way of proving at some point in time you weren't a prohibited possessor. I don't have a problem with someone asking to see it as I always have it with me, so it's NBD. Now, if they want to record anything, take a picture of my ID's or want a bill of sale signed, that's where I draw the line. To each their own. You gotta do what makes you comfortable and pass on what doesn't.

Agreed to a point. If you know anybody on Ingo and are that self conscious about selling then just don't sell on Ingo. Put it up on consignment in an LGS. A private sale is legal. Credentials beyond a DL is not part of the deal in my mind and I am leery of producing the DL.

Its just another thorn in our attitudes towards a freedom they are trying to take away.

Its just me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    You guys missed my point. :): He was asking for ID and LTCH to sell an AR upper receiver assy, not the lower receiver that has the serial number on it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Agreed to a point. If you know anybody on Ingo and are that self conscious about selling then just don't sell on Ingo. Put it up on consignment in an LGS. A private sale is legal. Credentials beyond a DL is not part of the deal in my mind and I am leery of producing the DL.

Its just another thorn in our attitudes towards a freedom they are trying to take away.

Its just me.

I put it in my ads, but If it's someone I know on INGO, have dealt with in the past or have a long history on the forum, I don't even ask when we meet up. I usually just keep it in my ads for the people who I've not talked to, or who have a low post count or seem to just be on the forum for the classifieds.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People fishing for personal info are suspicious to me.
    We all know the gubment knows us. Many of us have class3 stuff. We buy guns from ffl's. We have LTCH's.
    Im not skeered of them. Im law abiding.
    Ive said this before on INGO other places, Im worried about the liberal trolls that wanna get peoples personal info and harass them for being a gun owner. They get ahold of LTCH info and post it on the internet or in newspapers. Then thieves (criminals) know where to come steal guns. Also thieves themselves cruise these pages and other online pages of things, like a sears catalog. People post so many personal details online anymore its like a smorgusboard for criminals online.
    This is like telling random strangers or TV repair or utility workers that you have guns. They may not be bad people but they will tell someone who may be, or the 3 people they tell may be. Before you know it, your house is a mark!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put it in my ads, but If it's someone I know on INGO, have dealt with in the past or have a long history on the forum, I don't even ask when we meet up. I usually just keep it in my ads for the people who I've not talked to, or who have a low post count or seem to just be on the forum for the classifieds.

You are not understanding here my good friend. Many of us ignore those ads. More than you would know. You are limiting yourself on audience share for absolutely nothing. Yup, ignore...…:cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People fishing for personal info are suspicious to me.
    We all know the gubment knows us. Many of us have class3 stuff. We buy guns from ffl's. We have LTCH's.
    Im not skeered of them. Im law abiding.
    Ive said this before on INGO other places, Im worried about the liberal trolls that wanna get peoples personal info and harass them for being a gun owner. They get ahold of LTCH info and post it on the internet or in newspapers. Then thieves (criminals) know where to come steal guns. Also thieves themselves cruise these pages and other online pages of things, like a sears catalog. People post so many personal details online anymore its like a smorgusboard for criminals online.
    This is like telling random strangers or TV repair or utility workers that you have guns. They may not be bad people but they will tell someone who may be, or the 3 people they tell may be. Before you know it, your house is a mark!

There is no direct rule against it but Please Please Please do not post your E-mail of phone in the ads. It allows sub-50 and non-members access. And you all know it. (Not directly in this group) We have been removing this info when we see it. The PM's involves are sometimes hilarious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom