The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just received this Viridian white light / red laser combo. After entering one of their contests, and agreeing to being on their mailing list, they offered me a one time (one item) 50% off coupon. That made this $200 farkle cost $100, as it was also free shipping, and no tax. Figured at that price, I'd give it a go !

I'm going to put it on a new(ish) G22 tonight, and run it at the range tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be trouble-free. If so, this new iteration of a long-trusted G**** model will become my bedside gun, replacing another G22 that has some fancy engraving.

c5l-r_image_2.jpg

The white light portion has a 'special' shaped beam .... kind of oblong .... and just messing with it in the house made me pleased. It's called a "radiance" beam, and is really cool, and makes perfect sense. :cool:

Kind of looks like this.

radiance-street-view_1.jpg

Very cool MM, I'll bet you love it! I have something similar, a streamlight TRL-4 that used to live on my Sig TacOps 1911. Was easily used to make one ragged hole at the range. I need to see if I can dig up the box for it to see if I can figure out if I can mount it on one of my other guns.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very cool MM, I'll bet you love it! I have something similar, a streamlight TRL-4 that used to live on my Sig TacOps 1911. Was easily used to make one ragged hole at the range. I need to see if I can dig up the box for it to see if I can figure out if I can mount it on one of my other guns.
    Thanks, WT. I tell ya ..... if I could make one ragged hole, I'd be over-the-moon with happiness ! :D One can always hope !

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    People fishing for personal info are suspicious to me.
    We all know the gubment knows us. Many of us have class3 stuff. We buy guns from ffl's. We have LTCH's.
    Im not skeered of them. Im law abiding.
    Ive said this before on INGO other places, Im worried about the liberal trolls that wanna get peoples personal info and harass them for being a gun owner. They get ahold of LTCH info and post it on the internet or in newspapers. Then thieves (criminals) know where to come steal guns. Also thieves themselves cruise these pages and other online pages of things, like a sears catalog. People post so many personal details online anymore its like a smorgusboard for criminals online.
    This is like telling random strangers or TV repair or utility workers that you have guns. They may not be bad people but they will tell someone who may be, or the 3 people they tell may be. Before you know it, your house is a mark!

I don’t even talk guns much with my nieces. They know that I own a gun or two because it’s hard to deny ownership when you open carry at family events but as far as they are concerned, if I have a new gun on me it’s because I traded the old one in. Why conceal my interest in the hobby? Because I can imagine them trying to impress some dirtbag with the statement something like ‘You should see all of the guns my uncle has’. I don’t doubt that if they thought I was a gun collector, they would inflate the number I have when talking to people I care not associate with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got up from a little nap... :drool:

That might work. Are you working from home that day? I have to run downtown to drop off some paperwork and had thought about hitting the range either around noon or a bit after.

I think so. I might run in to the office health clinic to have a splinter removed from a finger but will let you know if that happens.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well :poop:, looks like the mounting plate won't be here today as I'd hoped. I assumed because a shipping label was created that it was shipped, but USPS is saying that the item hasn't even been received yet... :(

Did you order from CZC or CZ? I ordered mine from CZC and the shipping was a bit hinky. I think that I received it before I ever got the actual shipping notice or something like that.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I don’t even talk guns much with my nieces. They know that I own a gun or two because it’s hard to deny ownership when you open carry at family events but as far as they are concerned, if I have a new gun on me it’s because I traded the old one in. Why conceal my interest in the hobby? Because I can imagine them trying to impress some dirtbag with the statement something like ‘You should see all of the guns my uncle has’. I don’t doubt that if they thought I was a gun collector, they would inflate the number I have when talking to people I care not associate with.

I learned this the hard way. According to my fiancee's uncle, who I took shooting for the first time, I have a machine gun, 50 bmg, sniper rifles. Etc. I wish I had the collection he thinks I have...

Needles to say, I no longer answer generic questions. I will talk shop with a fellow enthusiast though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I learned this the hard way. According to my fiancee's uncle, who I took shooting for the first time, I have a machine gun, 50 bmg, sniper rifles. Etc. I wish I had the collection he thinks I have...

Needles to say, I no longer answer generic questions. I will talk shop with a fellow enthusiast though.

There are a few in my family that I’ll talk guns with, like either my brother or my God son the Green Beret. Other than that, as far as anyone knows or cares, I have a handgun, maybe two from time to time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom