Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Vaquero in the classies.
    The possible RPR

Yep, you’ve got it bad. I can’t say a whole lot, a pretty new Kidd barrel has been ordered for her X-Ring.

If you go for the RPR (assuming you mean the rimfire version), I did see today that ER Shaw has affordable barrels for it as well as Green Mountain. More research would be needed to know if one is better than the other.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, you’ve got it bad. I can’t say a whole lot, a pretty new Kidd barrel has been ordered for her X-Ring.

If you go for the RPR (assuming you mean the rimfire version), I did see today that ER Shaw has affordable barrels for it as well as Green Mountain. More research would be needed to know if one is better than the other.

Spicey said his green mountain is slick.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe at the next gathering, we should hold a lollipop competition. Maybe see how many can be killed in 30 seconds or maybe how many in a row.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been doing some research and see that there are things that I can do to improve the accuracy of my 1970’s vintage Glenfield Marlin 25 (pretty much the same as a 25N). I think this could be a fun project to make this rifle into the best version of whatever it can be this summer. It will never give Annie a run for her money but with stock crap everything, it was putting decent groups together.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now, I’m thinking that a decent optic, some trigger tuning and maybe see if I can free float the barrel. The trigger is not great and the optic on it is a $29 special. It could be a fun project to play with until I can figure out what kind of nice rimfire I want to pick up.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Right now, I’m thinking that a decent optic, some trigger tuning and maybe see if I can free float the barrel. The trigger is not great and the optic on it is a $29 special. It could be a fun project to play with until I can figure out what kind of nice rimfire I want to pick up.

Projects are always fun. Affordable ones are even better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom