• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I may head out to the range this morning early myself to test out the SBA3 on my FX-9. I'd normally probably be going fishing today, but having something installed on a gun and not running it after for a bit drives me nuts.

Man, MCF&G was busy for a Sunday morning. I didn't stay long. The bays were crowded and I generally don't like shooting with people in the same bay that I don't know. I could meet more people if I did, I guess. I usually try to go during the day during the week if I can to avoid any crowds. Put 100 more rounds through the FX-9 post SBA3 install (Kenny aka Simon6101 was kind enough to install it for me yesterday) just to make sure all was good and it was.
    Definitely more enjoyable to shoot with the SBA3 as compared to the KAK brace. Was going to try and play with the MBUS I put on it a bit to see how close they were after putting the front sight even cowitness with the red dot, but didn't take the time since I was sharing the bay.

That said, I did stop by the main range to meet WTB as I saw the Mazda over there. He was putting some rounds through the new rifle, and the guy next to him had a nice Ruger precision rimfire. Introduced myself and talked a bit and then rolled out. Turns out we know some of the same folks. I haven't been into the precision stuff in some time myself (I'm more addicted to the sound of lead hitting steel these days), but was good to get to meet WTB. Maybe one day I'll play in that precision space again.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I haven't been into the precision stuff in some time myself (I'm more addicted to the sound of lead hitting steel these days), but was good to get to meet WTB. Maybe one day I'll play in that precision space again.

FWIW, NRL22 is the combination of steel and precision...little lead hitting little steel up to 100 yards.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Anything over about 16" costs you velocity. For iron sights it increases your sight radius but 16" burns all the powder in lr ammo.

True, but velocity doesn’t equal accuracy with 22s though. You can have very slow rounds that group very well.

It will come down to your rifle, your barrel, your ammo choice and your ability with all those.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have fun, be safe.

I did and was. Great range trip :cool:

When I get mine back from WTB, you are welcome to give it a run.

Thank you.

Shot it this morning. Very nice rifle... ;)

Man, MCF&G was busy for a Sunday morning. I didn't stay long. The bays were crowded and I generally don't like shooting with people in the same bay that I don't know. I could meet more people if I did, I guess. I usually try to go during the day during the week if I can to avoid any crowds. Put 100 more rounds through the FX-9 post SBA3 install (Kenny aka Simon6101 was kind enough to install it for me yesterday) just to make sure all was good and it was.
    Definitely more enjoyable to shoot with the SBA3 as compared to the KAK brace. Was going to try and play with the MBUS I put on it a bit to see how close they were after putting the front sight even cowitness with the red dot, but didn't take the time since I was sharing the bay.

That said, I did stop by the main range to meet WTB as I saw the Mazda over there. He was putting some rounds through the new rifle, and the guy next to him had a nice Ruger precision rimfire. Introduced myself and talked a bit and then rolled out. Turns out we know some of the same folks. I haven't been into the precision stuff in some time myself (I'm more addicted to the sound of lead hitting steel these days), but was good to get to meet WTB. Maybe one day I'll play in that precision space again.

It was good meeting you sir!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glad you enjoyed it! How did it shoot for you?

Decent, but not great. I think I need to get used to the trigger. I spent most of the morning with my RART, but brought out both Annie and your CZ for a few mags each. It got windy by the time I brought the CZ out, so the groupings for everything opened up a bit.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The rope is set and it's time for me to get all up in the woods...

zkKULay.jpg
    TxNo4B3.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I really need to sit and figure out what it likes. It has shown its potential several times, but I haven’t given it the attention to make it shine.

Just have had more fun lately tinkering with things than shooting them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom