Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...maybe see if I can free float the barrel....

Sand paper wrapped around a dowel sized so the combination is slightly smaller in diameter than the barrel channel. Tape off the stock on the top edges so you might get buy with a few light slips. Do it carefully and the tape can also be the guide to sand to. Just enough to get a business card to slip between the barrel and stock. Refinish the barrel channel when done.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sand paper wrapped around a dowel sized so the combination is slightly smaller in diameter than the barrel channel. Tape off the stock on the top edges so you might get buy with a few light slips. Do it carefully and the tape can also be the guide to sand to. Just enough to get a business card to slip between the barrel and stock. Refinish the barrel channel when done.

Bingo.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Deep well sockets also work.

Most handy fellows have a set of those. Dowels of appropriate size usually require a purchase.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What a long, yet enjoyable day. Spent 7 hours at the range. Got my RPR dialed in and started a little dope card for an upcoming rimfire match in a few weeks. I was amazed that CCI SV .22LR will drop 6 inches with a 50 yard zero and then shooting at 100 yards. Did some head to head .22 ammo testing (details in rimfire thread). On to the IDPA match. Had about 15-20 shooters. Ran 5 stages. Because of me being rusty (haven't done a training class since last fall) it took me until stage 4 to start slowing down enough to find the sights on my pistol and actually make solid hits on target. Had some procedural errors, but took it in stride and was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed being humbled today (usually I take doing not well very hard). It was fun, the people were super nice and look forward to doing it again.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good job, Carlos S. ! :yesway:

This rimfire madness is spreading like the CZ'ickness !
    I'm going to have to find a way to join in.

My wife brought down a new bird feeder this weekend. It's a solar-powered 'camper', and lights up the interior when the sun goes down. I already love the damn thing !

View attachment 77534

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Woke up with a screaming headache this morning. Hoping Tylenol and :coffee: will help.

What a long, yet enjoyable day. Spent 7 hours at the range. Got my RPR dialed in and started a little dope card for an upcoming rimfire match in a few weeks. I was amazed that CCI SV .22LR will drop 6 inches with a 50 yard zero and then shooting at 100 yards. Did some head to head .22 ammo testing (details in rimfire thread). On to the IDPA match. Had about 15-20 shooters. Ran 5 stages. Because of me being rusty (haven't done a training class since last fall) it took me until stage 4 to start slowing down enough to find the sights on my pistol and actually make solid hits on target. Had some procedural errors, but took it in stride and was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed being humbled today (usually I take doing not well very hard). It was fun, the people were super nice and look forward to doing it again.

Sounds like an awesome day!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Decided at the last minute last night that I was taking the day off today. Boss was cool about it. Gonna take my stepson to the range for a bit this morning :)

Hope your pains are milder than expected today Jason.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Theres quite a bit out there that takes better pictures than a camera phone. My recommendation is a canon rebel, but just about and SLR will take better pictures than a camera phone. I’m basing my recommendation off of my experience with cameras in which I have an associates degree in photography and have shot all types and price ranges of cameras.
    Would this Canon Rebel be a good one? It looks to be very popular with good reviews.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-...-300mm-iii-lens-black/5091315.p?skuId=5091315

For the same price, I see the Nikon options that Areo mentioned also. Ironically, they're all $399...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

This will be a fun project. Thanks for the tips. I don’t have to worry about the stock finish as it needs stripped and redone anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like a great shooting weekend TD. I need to spend some time trying to figure out what the old GM 25 likes when I’m done with it. I did put a trigger pull gauge on it last night and it’s a consistent 4.25lbs. I’d love to bring that down a bit but am not sure what my options are there outside of polishing parts. A decent optic will be the first thing it needs when finished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom