• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Morning y'all. Coffee is on the stove, a couple hours late, but it sounds good to go with the cake I baked the wife last night... btw, baking is easy. It was my first time.

And the big news, going to look at a house at noon. And I have spent the weekend getting the paperwork squared away for an offer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A while back i started selling specialty guns and keeping "average" because theyre usualy more reliable. My average though doesnt always mean low budget. Like building an AR for example. I dont think ive ever started one with the goal of building the cheapest one. Now ill look for the best parts at the best prices. But quality and reliability is never cheap. The people who always have problems with their guns, theres a reason for it.
    I dont know why i went on this rant, but hey it fills up space ;)

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^

It just makes me laugh when folks go on the hunt for the absolute cheapest (I really really hate that word) firearm they can find and when they find/buy it wear it like a badge of honor. Statements like "reliable shooter" always become a pat of the discussion when they defend the decision to go that route. When pushed as to "Reliable" round counts we hear 200 reliable rounds since built. Hell man thats not even 1 range day per gun for most shooters.

I stopped the budget building when the cracks in that mind set surfaced.

N0 knock on the man/woman on a budget due to lifes reality's. Just take a minute and save some more funds. When I want more I find a way to work for it.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Question for those of you in the know about cameras. My wife is interested in a camera that takes a better quality picture than a smartphone camera. Is there such a thing out there in the $500 - $1000 range? Her birthday is Thursday and we have an upcoming trip out of town.

I use a Nikon D3400. I love it. Great pictures and has been easier to learn on than a lot of the fancier options.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I’m going to pick up a good rimfire rifle this summer and it’s a toss-up between the RPR and a CZ. What’s the optimal barrel length in a .22lr for accuracy?

There isn’t one. Some barrel brands will claim their 16.5” are the most accurate other say it’s the 18” and others say it’s the 20”.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    acae273466f87018aef56aaed7d3fce3.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but thought I’d share a pic of some of my favorites this morning.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

It just makes me laugh when folks go on the hunt for the absolute cheapest (I really really hate that word) firearm they can find and when they find/buy it wear it like a badge of honor. Statements like "reliable shooter" always become a pat of the discussion when they defend the decision to go that route. When pushed as to "Reliable" round counts we hear 200 reliable rounds since built. Hell man thats not even 1 range day per gun for most shooters.

N0 knock on the man/woman on a budget due to lifes reality's. Just take a minute and save some more funds. When I want more I find a way to work for it.
    Yep exactly.
    Hey even a rich man (which ill never be) is on a budget of some kind.
    Buy once cry once is honestly the best advice my father ever gave me (he wasnt a sit down and talk kinda father). Ive tried to live by it. If i cant afford the good item, i wait and save my money until I can. Or ill sell other stuff and buy it faster if i cant wait becauae i have the itch. But i always make it happen if I want it bad enough. And almost always buying the better and more expensive item has paid off. I research too i mean. I dont just go buy things off high sticker prices :):
    And i hunt for the deals too but if you buy crap you will mostly always have crap results.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning all :coffee: got in late from my job last night. Almost done and got a call asking if I would go to another site and complete/fix what another (former) FE had started. What a mess they told me I may be walking into a hostile situation my response was okay no problem. I walk in the place and see who the GC is and I have worked with this guy dozens of times. No problem with the second job other than the fact that the first dude didn't do anything correct. It would seem that many people today don't take pride in their work. I do.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I speak CZ ..... and I speak it from deep in the woods this morning.
    It's a glorious day, no matter what you choose to do. Get you some life !:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Yep exactly.
    Hey even a rich man (which ill never be) is on a budget of some kind.
    Buy once cry once is honestly the best advice my father ever gave me (he wasnt a sit down and talk kinda father). Ive tried to live by it. If i cant afford the good item, i wait and save my money until I can. Or ill sell other stuff and buy it faster if i cant wait becauae i have the itch. But i always make it happen if I want it bad enough. And almost always buying the better and more expensive item has paid off. I research too i mean. I dont just go buy things off high sticker prices :):
    And i hunt for the deals too but if you buy crap you will mostly always have crap results.

Agreed, everyone is on a budget of some sort, but with some research and some internet & LGS hunting you can usually find something quality in the area you are looking at for what someone without much info pays for something of very low quality. I don't drop as much money as alot of folks here into a single piece, but I do try and research and use the experience I have had, as well as seek out the opinions of others such as yourselves who are trusted and have experience with specific items, then shop what I decide on pretty hard. Buying good quality for my intended use at good prices to get a good value is what I'm after.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom