• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thought for the lollipoppers: given the difficulty some experienced with dum dums at 100yds, what about tootsie pops?

P.S. I’ve decided that lollipoppers new the name I’m using for that subset of the group.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Thought for the lollipoppers: given the difficulty some experienced with dum dums at 100yds, what about tootsie pops?

P.S. I’ve decided that lollipoppers new the name I’m using for that subset of the group.
    The question is would they explode into a satisfying dust or be gross due to the center? I didn't try to hit any at the SGE and only experienced the joy of lollipops this week (at 50 yards). Needless to say I need to try it again!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know it's blasphemy in this group compared to their 22LR standards, but I really like the 15-22 with an inexpensive red dot on it. Not going to be to the standards of these bolt guns, but a whole lot quicker to let 25 or so rounds fly with it, and the controls are in all the right AR places.

I’m partial to the CMMG kit in one of my ARs. They may not be the most accurate solution but they sure are a lot of fun.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The question is would they explode into a satisfying dust or be gross due to the center? I didn't try to hit any at the SGE and only experienced the joy of lollipops this week (at 50 yards). Needless to say I need to try it again!

Dunno. Sounds like a science experiment is needed. Tootsie pops, blow pops, whatever other affordable version we can locate.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The black will be better at hiding the dirty black lube and carbon that rubs off onto the case with the upper and lower separated.:yesway:

Good point and I'm sure it will hide that well. Though I can put the FX-9 in there without separating the upper and lower. Hopefully it will still be able to do that after I put the new brace on.

This way I also have a color coded bag for each AR (I already have a Green Boyt for the 5.56, a Coyote LA Police Gear bag for the 15-22, and now Black for the AR9)

We have two of those. A Camo gen1 with a Hawke scope and a black gen2 with a Sig Romeo5 red dot. I've nicknamed the black one MDM (mag dump machine) after how I broke it in at SGE. Sounds cool on steel when you let the whole mag loose. :ar15:

Yep, I've unleashed a mag dump or 2 on the steel out at MCF&G. Mine wears a Primary Arms red dot, and is the MOE version.

I’m partial to the CMMG kit in one of my ARs. They may not be the most accurate solution but they sure are a lot of fun.

I've stayed to specific caliber built on the ARs so far, but I know a lot of folks do the various conversion kits.

What exactly does one have to be searching for on the internet to find this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom