Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    And as if the dryer, and dishwasher needing repair recently, just got it confirmed that the evap core on the FJ needs replaced. Did some searching and got my mechanic down on parts quite a bit, but still not going to be fun as they pretty much have to tear the entire dash apart to get in to do it. Looking at having them do the heater core as well while they are in there. Parts being ordered and looks like it will get done on Tuesday of next week... ugh. Everybody is in my wallet recently.

I hear that. $100 to stitch up the leather upholstery in my pickup. 3/4 tank of gas= $60.00. $600 worth of brakes on it last month. New tires soon and an alignment. Prolly $900. Nearly twice that if I decide to replace the wheels. $50 for a gallon of good exterior paint and it won't quit raining long enough to get it applied.:rolleyes::dunno:

0gP8nPC.jpg

This old man met me at thhe gate on my way out on Monday. He'd have covered my hand entirely. Old feller.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I hear that. $100 to stitch up the leather upholstery in my pickup. 3/4 tank of gas= $60.00. $600 worth of brakes on it last month. New tires soon and an alignment. Prolly $900. Nearly twice that if I decide to replace the wheels. $50 for a gallon of good exterior paint and it won't quit raining long enough to get it applied.:rolleyes::dunno:

Yep, starting to hurt to sit down lately, and not because my wallet is fat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And as if the dryer, and dishwasher needing repair recently were not enough, just got it confirmed that the evap core on the FJ needs replaced. Did some searching and got my mechanic down on parts quite a bit, but still not going to be fun as they pretty much have to tear the entire dash apart to get in to do it. Looking at having them do the heater core as well while they are in there. Parts being ordered and looks like it will get done on Tuesday of next week... ugh. Everybody is in my wallet recently.

Yup. I feel your pain.

-Rear Evap on the magic bus has a refrigerant leak. Easy enough to get into it but the system has to be serviced to do so.
    -Mode door motor on the front unit under dash is failing. The entire dash has to come out with the passenger air bag. That might get a bit tedious.
    -While I have the entire dash out I will install the 3rd stereo in it. First one we upgraded to a Din-4 touch screen Pioneer and then it was stolen when we were at the Mod Christmas party over a year ago. CKW said it is time. The mouse listens....:whistle:
    -I just replaced the instrument cluster in my GMC Sierra.
    -I just dropped north of $1K in my TRP
    -Next Wednesday my dentist will relieve me of $5K

So yeah, I feel your pain.

Oh, CKW still does not have a new dishwasher.......:faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been putting some truck maintenance off. There’s another P/S leak that’s leaving ever larger spots on the driveway. I now keep a bottle or two of P/S fluid in the truck to top it off every couple of days. The transmission has been a bit wonky lately too. There’s some rust that needs attention and the parking brakes need work.

Maintenance is a constant thing in life. What is not maintained, decays. Us included.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve been putting some truck maintenance off. There’s another P/S leak that’s leaving ever larger spots on the driveway. I now keep a bottle or two of P/S fluid in the truck to top it off every couple of days. The transmission has been a bit wonky lately too. There’s some rust that needs attention and the parking brakes need work.

Maintenance is a constant thing in life. What is not maintained, decays. Us included.

Yup. Referring to the whole dentist thing.....:(

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

True and I'm almost religious as it gets to vehicle maintenance (proactive) and try to stay on the very front side of anything that does start to show itself to be an issue on any of our cars.

I seriously fear I have been infected with the Cowboy Caliber lever action rifle bug.

A new rabbit hole?

c47b55bc9745039e5f9f4b80159488c9.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yup. I feel your pain.

-Rear Evap on the magic bus has a refrigerant leak. Easy enough to get into it but the system has to be serviced to do so.
    -Mode door motor on the front unit under dash is failing. The entire dash has to come out with the passenger air bag. That might get a bit tedious.
    -While I have the entire dash out I will install the 3rd stereo in it. First one we upgraded to a Din-4 touch screen Pioneer and then it was stolen when we were at the Mod Christmas party over a year ago. CKW said it is time. The mouse listens....:whistle:
    -I just replaced the instrument cluster in my GMC Sierra.
    -I just dropped north of $1K in my TRP
    -Next Wednesday my dentist will relieve me of $5K

So yeah, I feel your pain.

Oh, CKW still does not have a new dishwasher.......:faint:

Yep, you are definitely feeling it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

0gP8nPC.jpg

This old man met me at thhe gate on my way out on Monday. He'd have covered my hand entirely. Old feller.

Luv me some turtle ! :wwub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom