Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    It was actually a guy there that gave me the final push to get my cz.
    Pardon me for being rude, I forgot to welcome you as well.

Welcome aboard.

I am going to assume you served in the Marines, going by your screen name. Thank you for your service. My Dad served in the Marines during Vietnam.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Sounds like I picked a good model to start off with! I’ll probably end up getting the CGW reach reduction trigger at some point because I have kid sized hands. I’m sure I’ll end up finding other things I want too, but right now I just need to practice more.
    I actually don’t. I usually go to the range alone, which I’m okay with, but it makes me end up going very infrequently and thus my shooting has not improved much over the last year. I’d love to get together with some people on here and am definitely willing to learn!
    I usually go to the range alone too, which I don't mind because there isn't a lot of talking going on, but the problem that I've found is that going to the range alone means I need to keep track of how long it has been since I've been to the range! When there is someone else saying "Let's go to the range" is helpful for me.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    What did you think about the copperhead on Saturday?

I usually go to the range alone too, which I don't mind because there isn't a lot of talking going on, but the problem that I've found is that going to the range alone means I need to keep track of how long it has been since I've been to the range! When there is someone else saying "Let's go to the range" is helpful for me.

Hey, Ben. Go to the range today after work.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Earlier, many of you were talking about being gun fund'less for quite a while. Add me to the group !

After (20) years, it was way past time for a new pair of hearing aids.
    Nothing that an afternoon of testing and fitting, and $5K :n00b: won't fix.

They could get me to about 80% of a normal person's hearing. Some frequencies are totally gone, and there's no getting them back. But with the latest technology, it's a huge improvement over my previous set of hearing aids.

So a bit broke for a while, but on the plus side, I'll be able to hear all of you CZickos much better ! :)
    I had my hearing checked about 2 years ago to confirm that I could benefit from hearing aids, but the price was more than I want/can pay. The main time I have trouble hearing is when in a group setting where a lot of talking going on. Someone can get my attention and tell me they have been trying to get my attention for a while. My dad has hearing loss and I know what it's like having to repeat something over and over and I don't want my kids or wife having to deal with that, so at some point I'll take the plunge.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Similar here. I've actually making a concerted effort to get to the range in October (taking Fridays off this month as I have some time I need to use), but usually going alone which is fine, but just need to make sure I motivate myself to go. Also, hard to learn much when going alone. Just work on my gun handling and ringing some steel, etc. I generally dislike crowds, but would be nice to hit the range with someone trusted from time to time.

I had my hearing checked about 2 years ago to confirm that I could benefit from hearing aids, but the price was more than I want/can pay. The main time I have trouble hearing is when in a group setting where a lot of talking going on. Someone can get my attention and tell me they have been trying to get my attention for a while. My dad has hearing loss and I know what it's like having to repeat something over and over and I don't want my kids or wife having to deal with that, so at some point I'll take the plunge.

Again, similar. My dad has hearing aids, and I have similar trouble to you with crowded areas, in certain spaces, etc. Have not had a hearing test in quite some time. I may have to get that done at some point.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

My new ones are linked to my android phone with an app..
    They have a "party" mode, which will supposedly help in that situation.
    Maybe I'll get invited to a Super Bowl party, and will be able to check out that feature ! :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My new ones are linked to my android phone with an app..
    They have a "party" mode, which will supposedly help in that situation.
    Maybe I'll get invited to a Super Bowl party, and will be able to check out that feature ! :)
    For 6 years the Super Bowl was interrupted by Downton Abbey, but this past SB I think we just watched something else on Netflix, but maybe this year we will watch the SB. That is usually the only football game I catch per year, and like I mentioned before sometimes not even then.
    But I hope you get invited to a SB party!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom