Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    People on Armslist never cease to amaze me. I've went back and forth with this person most of the day on a trade offer for my MCX. After I ask for pictures of his 11.5" BCM, all of a sudden they realize they're 3 hours from me?? I haven't struck a deal with anyone on there in a long time. This kind of crap is why. They do nothing but waste my time.

Rant over.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In This article I found in my email box I found delightful info about the CZ:
    "10 Best Concealed Carry Handguns of the Past 20 Years"

10 Best Concealed Carry Handguns of the Past 20 Years

The first 2 guns mentioned were CZs:

CZ Rami
    The CZ 75 pistol is a durable and accurate service pistol. The CZ 2075 Rami is a considerable redesign. The Rami features the trademark CZ slide design. The slide rides low in the frame by the use of reversed slide rails, with the slide running inside the frame rather than upon it. The result is a low bore axis and greater contact with the long bearing surfaces.
    The CZ Rami is an excellent all-around 9mm handgun.
    The pistol recoils straight to the rear with less muzzle flip, accuracy is enhanced as well. The Rami is a double-action first-shot handgun. The pistol is offered in two versions, one with the traditional CZ 75 safety that allows cocked and locked carry and the other with a decocker. The pistol is supplied with a flush-fit 10-round magazine and also an extended 14-round magazine.

The Rami exhibits European quality and its best. The sights were good examples of combat sights and the pistol has proven reliable with a variety of defense loads. Attention to detail was evident in the Rami pistol. The double-action first-shot trigger was smooth, and the single-action press was clean and crisp. While the pistol handled best with the extended magazine, it was controllable with the flush-fit magazine as well.

There are tradeoffs in such a compact handgun, but these are minimized by the CZ design. The slide is a little difficult to rack as it rides low in the frame. The short sight radius means attention to detail is needed to secure good accuracy. This is a tradeoff that Rami shooters adjust to. My personal example will fire a two-inch five-shot group at 15 yards with the SIG Sauer 124-grain V Crown JHP. The Rami is a first class, concealed carry handgun.

CZ 75D
    The CZ 75D is perhaps the least known of CZ Variants. It is a highly desirable pistol that has proven accurate and reliable. When the Czech police were searching for a compact alternative to the standard CZ 75 the P01 was introduced. This is an aluminum frame handgun with a shortened butt, slide, and barrel and a monolithic dust cover that mounts a combat light.
    A CZ 75 with decocker – The CZ75D is a first class handgun with a proven record for performance.

The P01 has been widely accepted. The pistol features a frame-mounted decocker rather than the CZ 75 manual safety. The CZ 75D is a handgun similar in size and weight to the P01 but without a light rail. Let’s face it, many concealed carry permit holders carry a pistol with a rail but do not carry a combat light. The CZ75D also features a unique loaded-chamber indicator.

The CZ75D compact 9mm also features good combat sights and a smooth trigger action. The P01 is often regarded as more accurate than the parent pistol, the CZ75, and this is a fair appraisal of the CZ75D in my experience. The CZ75D also has the advantage of a unique set of personal defense sights that offer snag free carry.

My CZ75D will group five-shots of the Winchester 124-grain PDX +P load into 1.25 inches at 15 yards. For those favoring the double-action first-shot pistol, it doesn’t get any better than the CZ75D, yet the pistol has no extraneous features. It is a straightforward design with much to recommend. My example has been fitted with Hogue grips.

The others mentioned:

Colt Series 70
    Some may dismiss the Government Model 1911 as too large for concealed carry. Yet, many shooters, including myself, often carry the steel frame 1911.

Glock 19

Glock 43

Glock 36

Remington R1 Commander

Ruger SP101

Smith and Wesson Shield .45

Smith and Wesson 442

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People on Armslist never cease to amaze me. I've went back and forth with this person most of the day on a trade offer for my MCX. After I ask for pictures of his 11.5" BCM, all of a sudden they realize they're 3 hours from me?? I haven't struck a deal with anyone on there in a long time. This kind of crap is why. They do nothing but waste my time.

Rant over.
    I know some guys on here have had good luck on armslist but I have found it to be full of scammers and time wasters. That was years ago. I only use ingo now and have for years

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You sure have to do a lot of digging through the crap to find the gold. Like a nice MPX...
    There was a guy that had an upper I bought listed there I ended up buying. A guy on ingo actualy contacted me here and said his buddy was selling it there but we got together by text so I never had to go on armslist. It was a good deal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom