mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I will be shooting a CST tomorrow!

I do say this often, if you want a sweet trigger, don't buy a Glock and plan on modifying it.

I researched aftermarket Glock triggers pretty extensively and found that a great many of them make the gun less safe in that they cheat the Glock internal safeties.

So then you have a Glock with a better trigger, but the striker block is already being pushed up, the trigger is about to slip off the drop safe ledge and the only thing making your gun safe is the trigger tab (and your good sense and holster).

Point being, if triggers are a make or break deal to you, then buy a Sig, CZ, 1911 or whatever. If you buy a Glock either keep it stock (after junking the sights) or be super selective in aftermarket trigger choice.

I do not disagree but find it an overgeneralization. The use of the firearm has a significant factor on what the owner should expect out of the trigger. Is the gun a duty weapon, CCW, HD, range toy, competition gun, BBQ gun. All would necessitate different triggers.

The bottom line is that if its not a BA/Wizard CZ trigger or a CM 1911 trigger - it isn't worth owning. :D

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I bought my sheild used, so I don't know if the trigger has been tweaked or not, but I think it's great. It breaks exactly where I think it will, which I love.
    But now the trigger on the Phantom is even better. The DA is very smooth and the break is crisp, but the SA is like a whiff of Spring - very pleasant and a joy!

I am just giving you a hard time. I still group better with my PC Shield than my P365. As TT stated, I have other issues....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If I had to rely on a stock gun to defend my life it would either be a G**** or an M&P. Thankfully I don't have to limit myself to that. G**** and M&P make fine handguns and I would recommend either to anyone who did not want to drop another dime into their defensive firearm. They are the cream of the crop.

This... You want a stock firearm that is going to take abuse, and keep on doing what it is supposed to do, and has met the real world tests to do that, choose one a Glock or an M&P.

Of those 2, want to add a criteria of being super simple in both operation and design (number of parts, etc) and the Glock edges out the M&P just a bit.

Want better ergonomics of the 2, go with the M&P (especially the 2.0 offerings).

CZ-Logo_T-shirt-Black_MAC009_800x.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I do say this often, if you want a sweet trigger, don't buy a Glock and plan on modifying it.

I researched aftermarket Glock triggers pretty extensively and found that a great many of them make the gun less safe in that they cheat the Glock internal safeties.

So then you have a Glock with a better trigger, but the striker block is already being pushed up, the trigger is about to slip off the drop safe ledge and the only thing making your gun safe is the trigger tab (and your good sense and holster).

Point being, if triggers are a make or break deal to you, then buy a Sig, CZ, 1911 or whatever. If you buy a Glock either keep it stock (after junking the sights) or be super selective in aftermarket trigger choice.
    This is why people need to shoot their firearms after any modification and try to introduce a malfunction too. You will see if it's safe or not on the range rather than in real life.
    I had a glock that was worked on by a professional (not me, I'm not a glock professional) and it went full auto. After I scooped it up, changed underwear and took it back to him, it had a broken disconnector from ghost. It was from the factory that way. It was microscopic almost but just enough to cause the issue when I let off the trigger

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The bottom line is that if its not a BA/Wizard CZ trigger or a CM 1911 trigger - it isn't worth owning. :D

I'm sure this is slightly tongue in cheek but the sentiment is sound.

Once again, BA has nothing to do with triggers. He is just an admirer like everyone else.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If the trigger is what makes you accurate (in your mind) then you have other issues you need to overcome. The trigger does not affect accuracy. I've said it before. Not everyone will agree with me and that's fine but there are operators and trainers that share my opinion and explain it better than I ever could if you wish to research it.
    A couple of you might take me up on it but others wont, but next time we are shooting together in Greenwood or wherever, you'll have to try my glocks with the full zev trigger kits in them. Everything negative mentioned about the glock factory trigger (the gen5's are leaps and bounds better) is eliminated. Its amazing. People say glocks arent good until you replace the triggers but Is that any different than what we do by having the wizard replace all the stock CZ parts for cajun parts and then polishing those up? Kindof the same thing.
    Hell just my chamging out the striker spring in a factory glock it improves it a lot.
    No, there is nothing like a nice CZ trigger. They are a completely different postol. That's what made me start buying them to shoot on the range. But when it comes to defending my life, I'll stick with what I know is proven and I've used for years and thats a glock. And if I have to use it in self defense I know I wont even feel the trigger

I was talking stock triggers when I was talking about not liking Glock triggers. Yes, there are some amazing aftermarket triggers, but I hate paying the price on a Glock, knowing that I have to buy a trigger kit as well (that are usually pretty expensive) to get a good trigger. I agree with you the stock trigger is accurate, but I csn't use them after a while. For whatever reason more than 50 rounds and I pretty much can't use the trigger any more on a stock Glock. Not sure what the issue is, but no other trigger does this to me. Weird as that is. I'm sure I could use one for self defense just fine, however, that means I'd need to train with it and I just can't do that with a Glock. I ended up going with a P10 after trying several Glocks and many, many after market trigger kits. The P10C with the HBI trigger just works for me.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I am just giving you a hard time. I still group better with my PC Shield than my P365. As TT, stated, I have other issues....
    LOL, no problem!
    Is it okay if I text your wife and let her know about some new items that just arrived at the Keystone mall? You may need to borrow a truck. :)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm sure this is slightly tongue in cheek but the sentiment is sound.

Once again, BA has nothing to do with triggers. He is just an admirer like everyone else.

Just slightly. Very slightly.

The worst trigger in my safe is not a Glock. It is a gen 1 M&P 45. It is the most horrid trigger and I am an M&P fan...

Deflect as you like but you still get credit for the shared vision with the Wizard.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was talking stock triggers when I was talking about not liking Glock triggers. Yes, there are some amazing aftermarket triggers, but I hate paying the price on a Glock, knowing that I have to buy a trigger kit as well (that are usually pretty expensive) to get a good trigger. I agree with you the stock trigger is accurate, but I csn't use them after a while. For whatever reason more than 50 rounds and I pretty much can't use the trigger any more on a stock Glock. Not sure what the issue is, but no other trigger does this to me. Weird as that is. I'm sure I could use one for self defense just fine, however, that means I'd need to train with it and I just can't do that with a Glock. I ended up going with a P10 after trying several Glocks and many, many after market trigger kits. The P10C with the HBI trigger just works for me.
    Yep I understand. I was just speaking in general not meaning you either. I love the trigger you had in the p10c so much I bought one for mine lol. That's a super nice trigger
    I've said before that I think factory glock triggers are crap. They are, except on the gen5's. I think glock did good on those but there are better factory triggers out there on other striker guns.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    This... You want a stock firearm that is going to take abuse, and keep on doing what it is supposed to do, and has met the real world tests to do that, choose one a Glock or an M&P.

Of those 2, want to add a criteria of being super simple in both operation and design (number of parts, etc) and the Glock edges out the M&P just a bit.

Want better ergonomics of the 2, go with the M&P (especially the 2.0 offerings).

CZ-Logo_T-shirt-Black_MAC009_800x.jpg

How does the CZ P10C compare with the M&P and G**** in your opinion?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the people (myself included) in this group are gun snobs. We all have had crap guns and weve had excellent guns and now we hold everything else to that high standard of the excellent guns like the wizard CZ or the CM or AllenM 1911, or the bosshoss revolver, or in my case a $2500 glock :):
    We are snobs ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In the G**** modification category I will listen to "TT" on his recommendations if I were to ever....(:nailbite) choose to own a striker pistol.

I am with BA on his opinion. I may not like or ever own one but I can fully understand why someone would.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think the people (myself included) in this group are gun snobs. We all have had crap guns and weve had excellent guns and now we hold everything else to that high standard of the excellent guns like the wizard CZ or the CM or AllenM 1911, or the bosshoss revolver, or in my case a $2500 glock :):
    We are snobs ;)

...and proudly so.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    We are snobs ;)

Guilty.

I blame it all on CM.

Wasn't that long ago I was pretty happy with a stock 1911 and an Apex in an M&P....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are snobs ;)

I had to look around my nose in the air snobbery to read this post....:):

After years and years and years of owning and suffering stock pieces I relish in the glow of owning the HotRods I/we are now building.
    I never knew the triggers sucked back in the day and I was shooting as well then as now maybe better because I was younger. Laser eye sight and muscle tone is a serious plus. But as in all things once you clear the bar and then start to be part of what sets it you can never go back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom