Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I forgot how CZ fans are more bananas than Glock fans!

A stock CZ trigger in DA is gross, Sigs are much better. I know they clean up with use and many have them cleaned up.

A stock Glock trigger isn't that bad. I can shoot them very well.

A CZ single action trigger is awesome.

It is all in what you want/like/willing to deal with. Personal preferences.
    I can not stand the trigger on about any striker fired gun regardless. They just feel icky to me but again, personal preferences.
    I grew up on hammer fired guns. I am at home with them. Striker guns are mushy. At least to me.

Stock CZ triggers are horrid. But they are not mushy. JMHO of course. Personal preferences

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

A stock CZ trigger in DA is gross, Sigs are much better. I know they clean up with use and many have them cleaned up.

not to beat the horse :horse:

but I have 2 incredible STOCK Springfield XDm & XDsub compact strikers that have a butter smooth trigger and short reset.

No need to "work them/massage them/put more $$ in them/" for trigger work.

I am with CMouse - Glock OEM trigger are very mushy and don't perform well...IMHO

YMMV : shoot what you like.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If the trigger is what makes you accurate (in your mind) then you have other issues you need to overcome. The trigger does not affect accuracy. I've said it before. Not everyone will agree with me and that's fine but there are operators and trainers that share my opinion and explain it better than I ever could if you wish to research it.
    A couple of you might take me up on it but others wont, but next time we are shooting together in Greenwood or wherever, you'll have to try my glocks with the full zev trigger kits in them. Everything negative mentioned about the glock factory trigger (the gen5's are leaps and bounds better) is eliminated. Its amazing. People say glocks arent good until you replace the triggers but Is that any different than what we do by having the wizard replace all the stock CZ parts for cajun parts and then polishing those up? Kindof the same thing.
    Hell just my chamging out the striker spring in a factory glock it improves it a lot.
    No, there is nothing like a nice CZ trigger. They are a completely different postol. That's what made me start buying them to shoot on the range. But when it comes to defending my life, I'll stick with what I know is proven and I've used for years and thats a glock. And if I have to use it in self defense I know I wont even feel the trigger

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The trigger on my shield is just wonderful. The trigger on my Phantom is phenomenal!

Did you forget purple on that first sentence? Even my PC Shield trigger is "meh" at best. P365 triggers is much better. I have a PC 5" M&P with a really good 3 pound trigger with a nice sorta crisp break but I had to lose a tactile reset to get there.

CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Did you forget purple on that first sentence? Even my PC Shield trigger is "meh" at best. P365 triggers is much better. I have a PC 5" M&P with a really good 3 pound trigger with a nice sorta crisp break but I had to lose a tactile reset to get there.

CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ
    I may try some of the new sigs one day if they ever get their souls back

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    If the trigger is what makes you accurate (in your mind) then you have other issues you need to overcome. The trigger does not affect accuracy. I've said it before. Not everyone will agree with me and that's fine but there are operators and trainers that share my opinion and explain it better than I ever could if you wish to research it.
    A couple of you might take me up on it but others wont, but next time we are shooting together in Greenwood or wherever, you'll have to try my glocks with the full zev trigger kits in them. Everything negative mentioned about the glock factory trigger (the gen5's are leaps and bounds better) is eliminated. Its amazing.
    Hell just my chamging out the striker spring in a factory glock it improves it a lot.
    No, there is nothing like a nice CZ trigger. They are a completely different postol. That's what made me start buying them to shoot on the range. But when it comes to defending my life, I'll stick with what I know is proven and I've used for years and thats a glock. And if I have to use it in self defense I know I wont even feel the trigger

and in all fairness to ALL manufactures, stock triggers are not designed to always be the best/lightest, etc. Stock triggers are a combination of intended use, marketing, legal, accounting, manufacturing concerns.

I wouldn't expect an HD or Duty pistol be "equal" to a stock CZ TSO. Apples to Oranges.

Yep; I want to try your Zev kits before upgrading my G34!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Nobody was comparing a stock CZ trigger to a G****.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I may try some of the new sigs one day if they ever get their souls back

The P365 has a really decent trigger in it for a CCW. It good enough to be enjoyable on the range but safe enough in a SD situation. I am generally not a huge sig fan (MM's owns a notable exception :cool:) but the P365 is really a home run - for its intended use.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    and in all fairness to ALL manufactures, stock triggers are not designed to always be the best/lightest, etc. Stock triggers are a combination of intended use, marketing, legal, accounting, manufacturing concerns.

I wouldn't expect an HD or Duty pistol be "equal" to a stock CZ TSO. Apples to Oranges.

Yep; I want to try your Zev kits before upgrading my G34!
    Yep exactly. Anytime man. When I had the trigger installed in my g19 gen4 I didnt like it. But I hadnt installed all the springs and disconnector because I had been worried about carry reliability. I had even considered selling it. Well once I got my gen5 and started carrying it, I put all the springs in the gen4 that had the zev. WOW night and day difference. I was pissed at myself for not doing it sooner and running it through classes with the trigger like that.
    I've now fired a couple thousand rounds through that gun and I've had zero issues. So my fears where unfounded.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    A well broken in, Wizardized, CZ trigger (read: elite) in DA is far superior to a G**** trigger.

oh, puleeeez...Glock triggers..?

not to beat the horse :horse:

but I have 2 incredible STOCK Springfield XDm & XDsub compact strikers that have a butter smooth trigger and short reset.

No need to "work them/massage them/put more $$ in them/" for trigger work.

I am with CMouse - Glock OEM trigger are very mushy and don't perform well...IMHO

YMMV : shoot what you like.

The triggers may be less than ideal, but can't say they don't perform well. That is up to you.

Oh for sure.

I'm no Glock fanboy. I like them for what they are but I have more non-Glock guns.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I do say this often, if you want a sweet trigger, don't buy a Glock and plan on modifying it.

I researched aftermarket Glock triggers pretty extensively and found that a great many of them make the gun less safe in that they cheat the Glock internal safeties.

So then you have a Glock with a better trigger, but the striker block is already being pushed up, the trigger is about to slip off the drop safe ledge and the only thing making your gun safe is the trigger tab (and your good sense and holster).

Point being, if triggers are a make or break deal to you, then buy a Sig, CZ, 1911 or whatever. If you buy a Glock either keep it stock (after junking the sights) or be super selective in aftermarket trigger choice.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Yep, two different beasts

Beast. H45 - pic of the other Beast?

22651ab5a36c4a0c5b414552688924b3.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ CZ
    I bought my sheild used, so I don't know if the trigger has been tweaked or not, but I think it's great. It breaks exactly where I think it will, which I love.
    But now the trigger on the Phantom is even better. The DA is very smooth and the break is crisp, but the SA is like a whiff of Spring - very pleasant and a joy!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep, two different beasts

If I had to rely on a stock gun to defend my life it would either be a G**** or an M&P. Thankfully I don't have to limit myself to that. G**** and M&P make fine handguns and I would recommend either to anyone who did not want to drop another dime into their defensive firearm. They are the cream of the crop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom