Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I know I make it sound like I'm blowing $5k a week on guns and not paying my bills, not the case.
    My wife is not a wicked witch or anything either. She just wants this stupid credit card paid off.

We know you are a solid, responsible guy. We just like giving you ****. And while your wife is obviously a saint for marrying you, nobody thinks she's a witch. We are all married. We all understand.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nobody thinks you're blowing $5k a week on guns. We've seen your guns.
    :laugh:
    Na I didnt that about you.or her
    I know. I just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. My wife is awesome.
    We know you are a solid, responsible guy. We just like giving you ****. And while your wife is obviously a saint for marrying you, nobody thinks she's a witch. We are all married. We all understand.
    I appreciate the kind words.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :stickpoke:

And I do understand the credit card thing.
    I didn't take anything the wrong way. I know it's all in good fun.

I have to say, since I worked out for about 2 hours this morning, that I've been pretty mellow all day. It's nice to not be all "uptight" and "stressed". Of course, 4 beers tonight are helping also.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I get the credit card thing too. I have one I'm attempting to finish paying off and then it's on to student loans. My justification to myself for buying guns is that I have to have some sort of hobby to not go insane - just happened to pick one of the more expensive ones!

As a side note, what are you guys using for ear protection? I have some cheap Walkers electronic muffs, but am thinking about investing in some nicer ones since I can't replace my hearing once it goes. I always double up with earplugs at indoor ranges anyway, but still could use some muffs with nicer sound and better protection. Any suggestions?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I get the credit card thing too. I have one I'm attempting to finish paying off and then it's on to student loans. My justification to myself for buying guns is that I have to have some sort of hobby to not go insane - just happened to pick one of the more expensive ones!

As a side note, what are you guys using for ear protection? I have some cheap Walkers electronic muffs, but am thinking about investing in some nicer ones since I can't replace my hearing once it goes. I always double up with earplugs at indoor ranges anyway, but still could use some muffs with nicer sound and better protection. Any suggestions?
    $42.62 with free shipping if you have prime. Actualy theres a 15% off coupon you can click too so it's even less. You will not regret it.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...Jhp8yAOpmECcq7qswftX2QXdB0nmFTLACIz1Ryr5xnLAk

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Tacti...-spons&keywords=gun+earmuffs+electronic&psc=1

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A few years ago at a science fiction convention, we have a charity auction, where I picked up two framed pictures. The first one was a photo of the crew of the Memphis Belle, signed by the captain. The other is a painting called "Doolittle's Raiders" and it has a piece of one of the planes attached to it.

I thought about this after reading about the other non-CZ stuff here.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    yea, definitely wasn't trying to imply anything bad about anybody. I'm in the same boat with spending on guns. My fiance never cared until we found out she was pregnant. Then it was about saving for a house. It's been 1.5 years savings is healthy, and bills are paid. I had to go back to school for my apprenticeship which means a pay cut. Luckily I have steady side work to keep me busy and more than makes up for the pay cut. She knows my ammo needs and understands that I need to decompress at the range. The understanding was no new guns until we buy a house and her business is up and running. Let's be honest. Our wives are saints for putting up with us. haha I know mine is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    EE - I think I know why you "claimed" the E broke on your keyboard.

I fixed the key.
    Remember the pic one of you commented on how rough I was on the keys. I actually broke a piece of the E key and it was wedged under the key. I had a fresh can of air and I was cleaning the board and the piece of plastic blew out. Bees working ever since.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom