Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Yeah. Truth here.

It usually starts as "I think we should do this project." Then it becomes "when do you think we can do this project?" Then "when do you think YOU can do this project?" Then "Are you going to do this project this weekend?" Then "Are you ever going to do this project?" Then after she has given up hope, I take the day off work and do the project, to surprise her when she gets home from work. And act like I had planned to do it all along.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It usually starts as "I think we should do this project." Then it becomes "when do you think we can do this project?" Then "when do you think YOU can do this project?" Then "Are you going to do this project this weekend?" Then "Are you ever going to do this project?" Then after she has given up hope, I take the day off work and do the project, to surprise her when she gets home from work. And act like I had planned to do it all along.

These are the correct steps.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning everyone.

Exercise? I need to sign up for the night trail run at Geist or something a few month out and start running again. Any takers?

Just for the record, I did text one of you to “Back away, man. Back away” to help you resist the need for something new so we don’t always enable 100% of the time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm glad to hear you're getting back onto a workout.
    I am literally tired of having no energy. Tired of sitting all day long. I need to start yelling at myself since nobody else is gonna do it for me.
    Sitting around and eating everything in sight is not good for me physically and mentally. Vicious cycle.

I thought you said you were married... I can yell at you periodically if you like. My kids are 18 and 20 now (with my son, the older one, away at college and my daughter working and going to school locally), so I have a deficit of yelling at someone frequently. As far as resume, I've been married for 25 years, so I know exactly how the yelling is supposed to be done to get someone moving (though, a low, undertone of nagging seems to work in many cases. Of course most of this is from the receiving end, but it is still experience).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I’m promised the wife I’d take it easy today. Yesterday afternoon, I was convinced that I screwed the shoulder up again, but could not put my finger on what I might have done to do that. It felt just like it did after I fell on it, but with no fall this time. Today, I’m thinking that it’s just the start of the strength training that’s causing the pain. Those tendons have not been taxed much in 6 months and jumping into the strength training aggressively might be a mistake.

So, the wife is really telling me to not do any of the honey-dos today and just kick back and relax. Right now, I’m watching Frankfurt vs. Düsseldorf in the German football league. Slow, but interesting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to wring my collection out to eliminate the mediocre. There are some things that have not been shot in years. Like the milled receiver AK. I really don’t know why I still have that one. It’s nice, but I’ve really gone heavily over to the AR side and that’s my last AK.

It makes no sense to have unused firearms when I have CZs that have not been Cajunized.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I’m promised the wife I’d take it easy today. Yesterday afternoon, I was convinced that I screwed the shoulder up again, but could not put my finger on what I might have done to do that. It felt just like it did after I fell on it, but with no fall this time. Today, I’m thinking that it’s just the start of the strength training that’s causing the pain. Those tendons have not been taxed much in 6 months and jumping into the strength training aggressively might be a mistake.

So, the wife is really telling me to not do any of the honey-dos today and just kick back and relax. Right now, I’m watching Frankfurt vs. Düsseldorf in the German football league. Slow, but interesting.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Enjoy the pre-approved break from the honey-do list.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Speaking of Cajunization, my .40 CZ experience continues to be interesting. I ordered a set of mild parts for the .40 P07 I picked up last month and when installed, lost the SA trigger. To make that work, I’ll need the CGW hammer too as with the Short Reset System installed, the trigger bottoms against the frame before lifting the sear enough to drop the hammer. That pistol seems to run well completely stock, but with the 15# hammer spring. It’s polished and smooth, so I think I’ll add sights and be done with it. It’s a great carry option for winter with that huge trigger guard. I could shoot that gun while wearing mittens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom