• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Thanks to everyone for all of the dry fire advice! I really appreciate it. I have a ton to learn and am always willing to take advice.

Now I'm just trying to pick out some grips for my new CZ. The stock ones are a little chunky for my liking, so I'm thinking maybe some black aluminum ones. Anyone have a favorite thin grip they would recommend?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks to everyone for all of the dry fire advice! I really appreciate it. I have a ton to learn and am always willing to take advice.

Now I'm just trying to pick out some grips for my new CZ. The stock ones are a little chunky for my liking, so I'm thinking maybe some black aluminum ones. Anyone have a favorite thin grip they would recommend?
    I also like the thin aluminum or the thin g10 grips. Amazon has some or you can go to LOK grips or cajun gunworks

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not sure how you all spent your day but here is my afternoon. I started at 12:00 sharp. Just got to this point.
    1st fit with all the bits after Ceracoat. I will have to pull it all the way down as there is still some final fitment to be done.

This is a solid hours work. It fits like a glove but it is not the commander size bushing. To long. I will have to trim it back a ways...:):
    cGsNHUc.jpg

Me likey much. Grip safety is still a bit tight. Ultra-lit EGW race hammer. Not done all the polishing internally yet. There is that dang bushing.
    W49wvtj.jpg

I will fit the sights tomorrow. AllenM flat topped/ball cut the slide.
    R1Yi945.jpg

I loves me some stainless. You can see the ball cut and the chamfer on the bottom of the slide.
    ycc23SL.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Not sure how you all spent your day but here is my afternoon. I started at 12:00 sharp. Just got to this point.
    1st fit with all the bits after Ceracoat. I will have to pull it all the way down as there is still some final fitment to be done.

This is a solid hours work. It fits like a glove but it is not the commander size bushing. To long. I will have to trim it back a ways...:):
    cGsNHUc.jpg

Me likey much. Grip safety is still a bit tight. Ultra-lit EGW race hammer. Not done all the polishing internally yet. There is that dang bushing.
    W49wvtj.jpg

I will fit the sights tomorrow. AllenM flat topped/ball cut the slide.
    R1Yi945.jpg

I loves me some stainless. You can see the ball cut and the chamfer on the bottom of the slide.
    ycc23SL.jpg

I should have never butted my way into this tgread. First the cz. Then i want to optimize it. Then i see things like this.. Im soon for broke.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's a bad ass 1911 CM. That one stands out to me and I'd love to onw one just like it or similar. The little touches stand out to me on it. Also I love the wood. That's the kind of wood I love. Also the color. I'm a grey guy, so it pops to me. Very very very impressed. I bet its gonna shoot like a dream

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've been thinking about making a set of bearlwood (sp?) grips for a p01. Anyone ever made any grips or have suggestions?

Making grips for a 1911 or Ruger Mk series is relatively easy because the back side is flat.

With a CZ P-01, the back side of each grip fits inside the pistols cutouts and has two levels as well. To make a single set will require extensive and very careful carving, or a cnc, or a couple of different router templates.

Decades ago when I made grips, I made templates to use with a router to make S&W revolver grips that also had a raised area on the back to fit in the frame recess.

Unless you are quite the skilled wood worker/carver I suggest having what you want made by a company already set up to produce the product.

And separating the trigger movement from the sight picture. Once your sights are on target, your trigger finger starts a slow, easy, consistent pull. While your finger is moving, your concentration is on keeping the gun steady and the sights on target. The trigger pull becomes a habit you don't think about, and the shot happens when it happens.

If you try to concentrate on both, when you see the sights on target, you brain screams "NOW!", you rush the trigger pull, and you pull your sights off target.

If any of that made sense.

Agreed.

When target shooting for groups the break should be a surprise. Once you develop good trigger discipline and have a very good trigger or a lot of time with a lessor trigger, the break comes as less of a surprise and with an absolute minimum of additional pressure applied to the trigger...almost as if your mind willed it rather than your finger causing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom