T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Loop holes.....I like it.
    That Optic looks pretty nice. I wonder how it actually looks when looking through it.
    Both of these were the ones I've been thinking about lately. I've had the 4-14 before and liked it. Have not looked through a 5x yet, but all the reviews are good. Meeting him this weekend and possibly getting both.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both of these were the ones I've been thinking about lately. I've had the 4-14 before and liked it. Have not looked through a 5x yet, but all the reviews are good. Meeting him this weekend and possibly getting both.

Sweet. Finding a decent optic for the right money is tough. I like the Vortex line up but they are not cheap.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks for the hint of Applied Ballistics. I'm planning on running up to Lafayette tomorrow and this way I can get a range trip in while I am up there.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Whew. Thanks guys. The page worked. I’m out the door. I hate the mall experience.

If one of you would just put that MPX on your CC, I will swap it for mine when I get there. Really. I will.
    Done! I talked it over with them and they were cool about it. You will just need to show them your ID to confirm that you are Travis.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    x2

I just spent 40 minutes at Cabelas looking through scopes just to realize I have no idea what to get. Optic overload. Just got over rifle overload.

AAOptics. Alan Alcorn. He is the Vortex dealer and an Ingo advertiser. I trust his opinions. I hare him but only because he gets so much of my money.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’m the same way. The only time I shoot on the line is when I’m exercising a .22lr at distance. All other shooting is done in the bays. Once you’ve burned a bunch of ammo on steel targets in the bays, paper is never as much fun ever after.

I try to make it out there each week on Friday morning at 8am. If you see a guy with a dark metallic gray F150 shooting in the bays, come join me. Once in a while, I can even get CM to join me there. Those are definitely the best trips.

Due to getting sidetracked with a few errands on the way there, I didn't get there today until between 10:30 - 11:00 AM. Got some more time in with the M&P Compact 22, the 2.0 Compact and the Shield 2.0.

Planning on going next Friday as well if I can, unless I get sidetracked purchasing a car for my wife (long story, but my daughter totaled her car this past week, and deciding to purchase my wife a new car, and hand down wife's car to daughter ... and seems I may have to drive a bit to get the one my wife is interested in).

If you see a silver Toyota FJ Cruiser out at the bays that's me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom