Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've always carried certain EDC tools. But with the way the country is heading I've expanded it back to what I used to always have when I got out of contracting for uncle sam. I've always had Bob's and ghb's In both vehicles (modular systems) but now I have more on my person. I've also went over things with her again and our kids as far as our security procedures go. We used to rehearse often. We stopped and that was my fault. We recently had a refressher and I plan on once again maintaining our family level of readiness. My son really enjoys it. My daughter does too but not as much as him. I think hes gonna follow in daddy's footsteps and earn a tan beret one day.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Man, more people trying to kill police
    Close to home. If dirtbags arent afraid or respect the police then you know they dont give a crap about the rest of us. This is why we carry. Some CZ, some 1911's, and most of us glocks ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m definitely planning on making it up to Layfayette to shoot with some people here as soon as I can.

However, I’m not very good due to being a relatively new shooter who still has some flinching issues, so if anything needs fixing it’ll be me rather than my gun! I need to start prioritizing range time.

The key to stopping a flinch is to learn to isolate the movements of the trigger finger muscles from the muscles that grip the weapon. When I was preparing for shoulder surgery that would require me to shoot lefty for a while (I’m a righty), I used a typical grip exercise tool. It’s the type of grip exerciser that is a V shaped spring. What I would do is squeeze it 50 times (or as much as I could building up to that) with the trigger finger extended. Then, on the 50th squeeze, I would keep squeezing with the two ends of the exerciser about 1/8th inch apart. While holding it that way, I would exercise the trigger finger through as many simulated trigger pulls as I could while keeping that 1/8th inch gap.

Doing that helped my brain to map the muscle function of the grip as being separated from the trigger pull. When I first tried, I could barely move the trigger finger without getting a sympathetic movement in the grip. As my skill with the exerciser improved, so did my left hand shooting. It should work just as well for a right handed shooter that’s not accustomed to separating the muscle movements between the finger and the grip.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    AAaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh........................:runaway:

You are only one man. You have time. You can only work on one project at a time.

Well, actually you could do two projects at a time if one of them is at Allen's. You could definitely work on two projects at once.

Of course if you already had the parts on order for the third project, then technically you could work on three projects at once.

Yeah, you should definitely try to stick to three projects at a time. Sounds like you are a little behind.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Shop time.
    A couple of new LED shop lights.
    Then posting up at the bench with the DW.
    I want some new LED lights but right now I'm waiting on any new home items till we move. Ill put all LED's in the new garage. I have florescent lights and they are bright enough for now. If they arent good enough for my renters they can buy their own lights lol

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The key to stopping a flinch is to learn to isolate the movements of the trigger finger muscles from the muscles that grip the weapon. When I was preparing for shoulder surgery that would require me to shoot lefty for a while (I’m a righty), I used a typical grip exercise tool. It’s the type of grip exerciser that is a V shaped spring. What I would do is squeeze it 50 times (or as much as I could building up to that) with the trigger finger extended. Then, on the 50th squeeze, I would keep squeezing with the two ends of the exerciser about 1/8th inch apart. While holding it that way, I would exercise the trigger finger through as many simulated trigger pulls as I could while keeping that 1/8th inch gap.

Doing that helped my brain to map the muscle function of the grip as being separated from the trigger pull. When I first tried, I could barely move the trigger finger without getting a sympathetic movement in the grip. As my skill with the exerciser improved, so did my left hand shooting. It should work just as well for a right handed shooter that’s not accustomed to separating the muscle movements between the finger and the grip.

And separating the trigger movement from the sight picture. Once your sights are on target, your trigger finger starts a slow, easy, consistent pull. While your finger is moving, your concentration is on keeping the gun steady and the sights on target. The trigger pull becomes a habit you don't think about, and the shot happens when it happens.

If you try to concentrate on both, when you see the sights on target, you brain screams "NOW!", you rush the trigger pull, and you pull your sights off target.

If any of that made sense.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Oh wow that would be neat. I'd love to have a metal CNC. I dont know if they make small ones or not but I'm sure they would be more than I could afford.

As I recall, a few grand-ish would get a decent entry level set up. I was going to chat with my machine shop owner friend but never did. I was kidding myself in thinking I had time for a new hobby....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    And separating the trigger movement from the sight picture. Once your sights are on target, your trigger finger starts a slow, easy, consistent pull. While your finger is moving, your concentration is on keeping the gun steady and the sights on target. The trigger pull becomes a habit you don't think about, and the shot happens when it happens.

If you try to concentrate on both, when you see the sights on target, you brain screams "NOW!", you rush the trigger pull, and you pull your sights off target.

Yep. This is what I do now that that I have this vision thing going on. I finally see a sight picture and stab the trigger.

Don’t know what is worse. Doing it or knowing what I’m doing and not stopping it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yep very good info. More people need to dry fire. It REALLY makes you a better shooter and it's free and can be done anywhere at home. The trainers are really nice too because you dont have to run the slide everytime

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As I recall, a few grand-ish would get a decent entry level set up. I was going to chat with my machine shop owner friend but never did. I was kidding myself in thinking I had time for a new hobby....
    I'd need someone to teach me how to use it lol
    Yeah that truly isnt a ton of money considering the possibilities

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom