Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We have a credit card for must use things that might require a credit card. The wife handles that and keeping it active making a small purchase every so often and paying it off before the month is over. We just have chosen not to use credit in our lives. Not that anything's wrong with those who do, I'm not judging. We just chose not to ourselves. I was raised that way and we adopted it and it's worked for us.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I’m definitely planning on making it up to Layfayette to shoot with some people here as soon as I can.

However, I’m not very good due to being a relatively new shooter who still has some flinching issues, so if anything needs fixing it’ll be me rather than my gun! I need to start prioritizing range time.
    Where are you at? If you're ever in greenwood I can take a free guest and you're always welcome to shoot anythjng I own from small number of CZ's to my small collection of AR's or Glocks and other things. I dont have any full auto but I do have suppressors

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning!

Hey, would you and H45 help me with something this weekend?

I need to move my Red Sox loving son out of my house until the World Series is over. Maybe even until Spring Training if the Sox win.
    LOL just saw this. I don't think his head will fit out the door. May have to remove a wall like on oprah lol

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Sarah, also one good way to see if you are still flinching at the range is by arbitrarily loading a snap cap in your mag and not knowing when you will get to it. When you do get to it see if your pistol moves when you pull the trigger.
    Also for the dry firing at home make sure you either use an O ring or in-the-ear foam ear plugs to keep the hammer from striking the firing pin. This protects the pin and also isn't as loud too.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    We have a credit card for must use things that might require a credit card. The wife handles that and keeping it active making a small purchase every so often and paying it off before the month is over. We just have chosen not to use credit in our lives. Not that anything's wrong with those who do, I'm not judging. We just chose not to ourselves. I was raised that way and we adopted it and it's worked for us.
    I use our CC for almost everything, but I've got it set up to automatically pay the full amount at each pay period. CC has better fraud protection and this keeps my debit card from getting used as much. I've just started doing this last year, but it works good. I keep track of the spending and only get what we can afford. This also helps our credit score. I like having it automatically paying the full amount because if wasn't for this feature then I would be scared to miss a bill and have to pay interest, ugh.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My wife has been working on dry firing. I'm proud of her for putting the effort in and for listening to me for once lol.
    I picked up a SIRT laser training glock for myself and I use it all the time at home. It has the same weight as a fully loaded gun and uses lasers to help you with trigger reset and holding steady. My shooting has improved. Having numbness in my hands constantly I've had to adapt my shooting techniques and in a way retrain myself on what I'm feeling when I press my trigger and also what i feel so i can tell how I'm gripping my pistol. It's worked out

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I use our CC for almost everything, but I've got it set up to automatically pay the full amount at each pay period. CC has better fraud protection and this keeps my debit card from getting used as much. I've just started doing this last year, but it works good. I keep track of the spending and only get what we can afford. This also helps our credit score. I like having it automatically paying the full amount because if wasn't for this feature then I would be scared to miss a bill and have to pay interest, ugh.
    Yeah you're right about the fraud protection
    Ive considered switching us both to cards for this reason but with chase I can instantly transfer into our checking accounts (tied to debit cards) exactly the amounts we need for using. If they get my info they arent going to get much unless they time it right and even then chase has excellent fraud protection.
    We are disciplined enough not to rack up the credit card if we used it that way but at this time I dont see us going thay route

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My wife has been working on dry firing. I'm proud of her for putting the effort in and for listening to me for once lol.
    I picked up a SIRT laser training glock for myself and I use it all the time at home. It has the same weight as a fully loaded gun and uses lasers to help you with trigger reset and holding steady. My shooting has improved. Having numbness in my hands constantly I've had to adapt my shooting techniques and in a way retrain myself on what I'm feeling when I press my trigger and also what i feel so i can tell how I'm gripping my pistol. It's worked out
    That sounds like a great solution!
    Also, how did you get your wife to listen to you? LOL

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Yeah you're right about the fraud protection
    Ive considered switching us both to cards for this reason but with chase I can instantly transfer into our checking accounts (tied to debit cards) exactly the amounts we need for using. If they get my info they arent going to get much unless they time it right and even then chase has excellent fraud protection.
    If they get my info they aren't going to get much regardless! HA... well maybe that isn't so funny, but still... HA!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That sounds like a great solution!
    Also, how did you get your wife to listen to you? LOL
    I wish I had an answer lol. She should do it more often:):
    I think she had an awakening at the range the last time and realized 2 or 3 years between practice wasnt good. She Carrie's everyday and I've stressed this to her till I've been blue in the face. But shes stubborn

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    CM, if you have time sometime when you are over here let me know and we'll get some burgers! I'm always up for eating.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If they get my info they aren't going to get much regardless! HA... well maybe that isn't so funny, but still... HA!
    Ha. Well yeah same here. I also use a credit monitoring service and I lock our credit down. Unrelated to a bank card getting cloned but important in other areas. It will literally text and email me if anything changes on my credit. And I mean the slightest fart

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I wish I had an answer lol. She should do it more often:):
    I think she had an awakening at the range the last time and realized 2 or 3 years between practice wasnt good. She Carrie's everyday and I've stressed this to her till I've been blue in the face. But shes stubborn
    Yeah, that's a bit of a drought for practice especially if she carries every day.
    Stubborn huh? That sounds familiar.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah, that's a bit of a drought for practice especially if she carries every day.
    Stubborn huh? That sounds familiar.
    yeah I havent been happy about it. I think people who carry and dont practice are irresponsible idiots. She was being an idiot and I let her know it. Dont worry she let's me know when I'm being an idiot about stuff too lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom