• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It's Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, the range where some of us shoot. The guns are in private collections, but the owners are willing to meet at the range so others can try them out.
    Now I understand!
    Good to know and even more tempting now!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Sarah, what I would suggest for you to do is find someone on this forum who has the gun that you have, but already wizardized, and try it out at the range and see if that is something that you would like for your gun to do. If it's not your cup of tea then that is fine, but I'll warn you that it WILL be your cup of tea. But it is easier to experience it firsthand than to hear about it.

I’m definitely planning on making it up to Layfayette to shoot with some people here as soon as I can.

However, I’m not very good due to being a relatively new shooter who still has some flinching issues, so if anything needs fixing it’ll be me rather than my gun! I need to start prioritizing range time.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My wife informed me that I can buy another gun after the CC is paid off.

My checkbook informed that the CC will be paid off after the next 5 paydays. I get paid biweekly.
    Seriously though that's great news! Looks like it will be around the same time period though a little earlier.
    There is also the CZ diet where you don't go out to eat so that you can save that money for another CZ :D

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Seriously though that's great news! Looks like it will be around the same time period though a little earlier.
    There is also the CZ diet where you don't go out to eat so that you can save that money for another CZ :D

That’s what I’ve been doing! Not going out to pay off my credit card and be able to afford more things I want. It’s way more satisfying than I thought it would be.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I’m definitely planning on making it up to Layfayette to shoot with some people here as soon as I can.

However, I’m not very good due to being a relatively new shooter who still has some flinching issues, so if anything needs fixing it’ll be me rather than my gun! I need to start prioritizing range time.

​We talk big, but we aren't very good either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just picked up the DW.................:drool:

While at Allens he showed me a Comped Commander. :drool:

He shot me a ball park price to do my Champion.......:scratch:

I was about halfway home and sent him a text to order the materials. :runaway:

I need help. Seriously....:faint:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

The dry firing is going to help your flinching issues more than anything. But instead of just sitting and pulling the trigger as many times as possible like I was doing in order to help smooth out the trigger, you need to dry fire like you are at the range. Build in that muscle memory and get used to pulling that trigger without flinching. Get used to doing your part which is keeping the gun steady and squeezing the trigger smoothly and without fast jerks. The gun will do it's part and deliver the bullet exactly where you are aiming and the recoil will happen, but you don't need to fear the recoil or try to anticipate it. With a proper grip technique the gun will come back and then back down for another shot. You aren't fighting the recoil, let it happen and get back on target. Having confidence comes with good technique and practice.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Just picked up the DW.................:drool:

While at Allens he showed me a Comped Commander. :drool:

He shot me a ball park price to do my Champion.......:scratch:

I was about halfway home and sent him a text to order the materials. :runaway:

I need help. Seriously
    ....:faint:
    It sounds like Allen IS helping! :)
    I'm sure you'll be happy with it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom