The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I used to get migraines several times a month. Haven't had one since I started on blood pressure medications several years ago. I'll get the occasional "normal" headache but no more debilitating headaches.

I feel for anyone that gets migraines. Ugh...

One of my daughters gets occasional migraine headaches ...... I can sympathize with 88' !
    Prepping for a cabin trip. It'll be a hot one !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm finally at a point where I've become self aware about dehydration and several other things causing my migraines. While putting in a lot of time fixing stuff on the car in the humid weather, I made sure to take breaks, use my portable fan, drink plenty of fluids, stop for food as needed and also take bathroom breaks. Doing all that lead to no migraines and has been quite an improvement in overall health while doing that kind of work.

I wish I would have figured all that out years ago, because frequent migraines were a major contributing factor to why I quit working on cars. I could pay attention to my body while working out at the gym and have no issues, but I'd get hyperfocused on fixing something and ignore everything else. Explains my elbow issues too. Push through the pain until you basically break yourself.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm finally at a point where I've become self aware about dehydration and several other things causing my migraines. While putting in a lot of time fixing stuff on the car in the humid weather, I made sure to take breaks, use my portable fan, drink plenty of fluids, stop for food as needed and also take bathroom breaks. Doing all that lead to no migraines and has been quite an improvement in overall health while doing that kind of work.

I wish I would have figured all that out years ago, because frequent migraines were a major contributing factor to why I quit working on cars. I could pay attention to my body while working out at the gym and have no issues, but I'd get hyperfocused on fixing something and ignore everything else. Explains my elbow issues too. Push through the pain until you basically break yourself.
    I fought them for years too. Seems when I ate a decent amount of grain for a period of time, that is what caused them. Cut the grain back significantly and I rarely have them anymore.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I fought them for years too. Seems when I ate a decent amount of grain for a period of time, that is what caused them. Cut the grain back significantly and I rarely have them anymore.
    I need to pay better attention to my diet. My water consumption is well up but I still drink a lot of coffee and beer (not together). What I've been eating lately may have contributed. Chips and bagels should figure as high in my diet as they do.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    was the forklift running, with all the doors shut?? You'd be amazed at how much CO comes off an engine.
    Yes. Maybe 10 minutes collectively all morning.
    $3.85 for gas at Sam’s Club in Merrillville
    Its sad that $3.85 gas makes me envious lol

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Good Morning My PeepHoles :

From sunny and HAWT Dull Moan, AahWuh.

Easy day today - just gonna hang, maybe hit Costco for some stuff before heading back to the Land O' Indy tomorrow at 0-dark thirty.

Turned 5300 miles on my May 20th Outback and have some nits to pick at it - mainly LED headlight output. It is easily 1/2

the output of what I had in my '18 OB (*which were 3000w of pure LED 6000k white light stuffed in all the holes - lows, high beams, fogs. It was a night lighter-upper let me tell ya.

Coming off of that super sled I now have something much much more "tame" and I'm not happy about it.

Here is the reason - There is NO WAY to upgrade the lighting bulbs in the new headlight or foglight assemblies. NO WAY...!

Here's a little video to spark your interest :

All the action starts at 17:30

It seems I have the same mechanism for low beam and high beam with a little flapper that covers the always on high beam output.

I had this flapper on my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere' mobike.

That bike allowed for a simple swap of bulbs though -- not so in the new Subie. Not happy.

Anyway - rant over.

Hope your day is filled with unicorns and fairy dust.

Peace Out :

A few months into my new '20 Outback XT, had a headlight fail on me. Replaced under warranty. I forget the amount the dealer told me it cost (if you had to pay for it), but it was BIG DOLLARS. Never thought about upgrading lamps before, and I guess I won't now for sure. :(

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Doing some light work in the garage and drinking beer while listening to 90's music. Sanding the edges on the display cases for my Dad's uniforms. Trying to take it easy this week so I'm well rested for Roger's major surgery this weekend. And so my physical therapist doesn't yell at me. Okay, she's going to be unhappy about the car work this weekend, but Roger needs to up his class if he's gonna stick around here. Can't have him leaking fluids and making rattling noises.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Doing some light work in the garage and drinking beer while listening to 90's music. Sanding the edges on the display cases for my Dad's uniforms. Trying to take it easy this week so I'm well rested for Roger's major surgery this weekend. And so my physical therapist doesn't yell at me. Okay, she's going to be unhappy about the car work this weekend, but Roger needs to up his class if he's gonna stick around here. Can't have him leaking fluids and making rattling noises.
    What did you just expound on about hurting yourself?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is that the same as Ocular Migraine? I have had that a few times. Rainbow arc in the left side of my vision. Scared the c--p out of me the first time. Lasts about 15 minutes then goes away. I do have a couple of P01's so I hope I can post here.

Same thing, I get optical and ocular confused as words.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom