The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning My PeepHoles :

From sunny and HAWT Dull Moan, AahWuh.

Easy day today - just gonna hang, maybe hit Costco for some stuff before heading back to the Land O' Indy tomorrow at 0-dark thirty.

Turned 5300 miles on my May 20th Outback and have some nits to pick at it - mainly LED headlight output. It is easily 1/2

the output of what I had in my '18 OB (*which were 3000w of pure LED 6000k white light stuffed in all the holes - lows, high beams, fogs. It was a night lighter-upper let me tell ya.

Coming off of that super sled I now have something much much more "tame" and I'm not happy about it.

Here is the reason - There is NO WAY to upgrade the lighting bulbs in the new headlight or foglight assemblies. NO WAY...!

Here's a little video to spark your interest :

All the action starts at 17:30

It seems I have the same mechanism for low beam and high beam with a little flapper that covers the always on high beam output.

I had this flapper on my 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere' mobike.

That bike allowed for a simple swap of bulbs though -- not so in the new Subie. Not happy.

Anyway - rant over.

Hope your day is filled with unicorns and fairy dust.

Peace Out :

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Well we have a pretty neat problem at work. Our Carbon monoxide detectors started going off about 9 this morning. The only thing putting off co is the little fork lift. The big one has been parked outside all morning, the little one has ran for maybe 20 minutes all day.

I did the responsible thing and called the FD. The real neats thing is the levels rose from 83 to 92ppm in the hour or so they were here. The forklift never got turned on, our gas line is still stubbed off from the move so there is zero gas in the building. Not sure what we do from here, or where its coming from but I popped every single door and kicked on all the fans. The guy from the fire dpt said hed never seen anything like it before.

The boss isnt here today so im thinking ill having a meeting with the mold and assembly heads to see if we should call it a day. Start fresh tomorrow when the boss is here.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well we have a pretty neat problem at work. Our Carbon monoxide detectors started going off about 9 this morning. The only thing putting off co is the little fork lift. The big one has been parked outside all morning, the little one has ran for maybe 20 minutes all day.

I did the responsible thing and called the FD. The real neats thing is the levels rose from 83 to 92ppm in the hour or so they were here. The forklift never got turned on, our gas line is still stubbed off from the move so there is zero gas in the building. Not sure what we do from here, or where its coming from but I popped every single door and kicked on all the fans. The guy from the fire dpt said hed never seen anything like it before.

Wow ..... that's wild !

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Morning.

Speaking of squished critters, you probably won't believe me, but I ran over mouse last night, loaded. I was on a back highway in Michigan and had my brights on. I saw the little thing take off from the left side of the road. I watched it closely. I didn't feel anything but there is no way I didn't get him. Sadly there was no turning around for pictures this time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

The boss isnt here today so im thinking ill having a meeting with the mold and assembly heads to see if we should call it a day. Start fresh tomorrow when the boss is here.
    Back in the 90's my dad was an engineer for a RV manufacturer. They made truck campers and small towables. They were getting reports of malfunctioning CO detectors that were installed per code. They seemed to go off for no reason.

Come to find out, drinking or having open beer in the camper for a decent amount of time would cause this.

Some of the staff tested this theory, with the owners approval. It was true.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Back in the 90's my dad was an engineer for a RV manufacturer. They made truck campers and small towables. They were getting reports of malfunctioning CO detectors that were installed per code. They seemed to go off for no reason.

Come to find out, drinking or having open beer in the camper for a decent amount of time would cause this.

Some of the staff tested this theory, with the owners approval. It was true.
    Interesting. We thought maybe our first batch was defective so we got 3 from Ace and they went off too. That’s when i called the FD. Our level is steady no matter where you go in the shop. Even the bosses second floor office was testing about the same as on the floor and carbon monoxide drops.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom