The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Well we have a pretty neat problem at work. Our Carbon monoxide detectors started going off about 9 this morning. The only thing putting off co is the little fork lift. The big one has been parked outside all morning, the little one has ran for maybe 20 minutes all day.

I did the responsible thing and called the FD. The real neats thing is the levels rose from 83 to 92ppm in the hour or so they were here. The forklift never got turned on, our gas line is still stubbed off from the move so there is zero gas in the building. Not sure what we do from here, or where its coming from but I popped every single door and kicked on all the fans. The guy from the fire dpt said hed never seen anything like it before.

The boss isnt here today so im thinking ill having a meeting with the mold and assembly heads to see if we should call it a day. Start fresh tomorrow when the boss is here.
    Was the building still closed up when the CO reading went higher?? and how old is the CO detector? CO detector are only good for 6 yrs, some 10 years but most are only 6 years. Is there a sump pump with battery back up or anything with a car battery problem? Battery fumes will drive a CO detector nuts. Just trying to help.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Was the building still closed up when the CO reading went higher?? and how old is the CO detector? CO detector are only good for 6 yrs, some 10 years but most are only 6 years. Is there a sump pump with battery back up or anything with a car battery problem? Battery fumes will drive a CO detector nuts. Just trying to help.
    Yes, all closed up and the A/C cranking. All the smoke/CO detectors were changed about 4 months ago. Im not sure how old the fire dpts detector was. Negative on the battery issues as far as i know. The forklift that was inside just got a new one 2 months ago when we sent it off to be gone through. That was the only car battery in the building. We do have a solar bank that is a month or so old though.

Im thinking maybe there was a cloud in the shop from what little the forklift had run this morning. 92PPM in 25k sqft seems a bit excessive for that though.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning peoples

All parts have arrived for the last of the repairs on Roger. I'm planning on beginning that Saturday morning and hoping to be done sometime Sunday. Then I can focus a little more on other projects.

In other news, I've been looking at optics again for the rifles and thinking about making a few changes. Midway and Eurooptics have some really solid stuff on sale/clearance right now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I slept well last night after a really rough night the night before. I’ve been having acid reflux issues that feel like they are turning into an ulcer and the night before, I ran out of the normal antacid that I use and grabbed a handful of some berry flavored crap. I tend to get headaches from stuff with red food coloring and this stuff had a bunch.

That started the worst headache I can remember ever having. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and don’t mind the occasional needle to the eye, but this one was tough. The only time it felt better at all was if I was standing up, but even then, it was a big one. I took some ibuprofen, which is not great for a possible developing ulcer and propped myself up on the couch while waiting for it to have some effect. Long story short, it was a night short on sleep and big on pain.

Last night, I had a fresh stock of good antacids on hand and I got a good night sleep fortunately.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    On a happier note, I was channeling T-Dogg this week. About a year ago, the lights over my bar died. I had made a half hearted attempt to figure out what was wrong but since the bar was being used for kitchen project overflow, it was not important. Last weekend, the wife and I went shopping for new lighting for the bar and when what we liked added up to over $400, I decided to take another shot at fixing what we have.

I was figuring that it was just the transformer but had not been able to test the circuit to verify. This week, I was able to test the circuit and sure enough, it was the transformer. $15 later, I now have functional bar lighting again. I figure that $385 in unspent lighting now gets credited to my gun fund. Makes sense to me at least.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I slept well last night after a really rough night the night before. I’ve been having acid reflux issues that feel like they are turning into an ulcer and the night before, I ran out of the normal antacid that I use and grabbed a handful of some berry flavored crap. I tend to get headaches from stuff with red food coloring and this stuff had a bunch.

That started the worst headache I can remember ever having. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and don’t mind the occasional needle to the eye, but this one was tough. The only time it felt better at all was if I was standing up, but even then, it was a big one. I took some ibuprofen, which is not great for a possible developing ulcer and propped myself up on the couch while waiting for it to have some effect. Long story short, it was a night short on sleep and big on pain.

Last night, I had a fresh stock of good antacids on hand and I got a good night sleep fortunately.
    I get acid reflux on occasion and it's not fun. Usually slowing drinking something cold (milk works really well) does the trick for me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    On a happier note, I was channeling T-Dogg this week. About a year ago, the lights over my bar died. I had made a half hearted attempt to figure out what was wrong but since the bar was being used for kitchen project overflow, it was not important. Last weekend, the wife and I went shopping for new lighting for the bar and when what we liked added up to over $400, I decided to take another shot at fixing what we have.

I was figuring that it was just the transformer but had not been able to test the circuit to verify. This week, I was able to test the circuit and sure enough, it was the transformer. $15 later, I now have functional bar lighting again. I figure that $385 in unspent lighting now gets credited to my gun fund. Makes sense to me at least.
    I approve and endorse this 100%.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Had the Michigan milk maiden stop in for a few days. Had a very good time. Sadly she had to return to milking duty.

Going to get the Toro ztr mower cleaned up, serviced, and squared away and put it on the block. Still a very good piece and would like to keep it but i just don't have room to store a 54" & a 52" mower unfortunately. Probably be in the classys in the next couple days if anyone would be interested.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Yes, all closed up and the A/C cranking. All the smoke/CO detectors were changed about 4 months ago. Im not sure how old the fire dpts detector was. Negative on the battery issues as far as i know. The forklift that was inside just got a new one 2 months ago when we sent it off to be gone through. That was the only car battery in the building. We do have a solar bank that is a month or so old though.

Im thinking maybe there was a cloud in the shop from what little the forklift had run this morning. 92PPM in 25k sqft seems a bit excessive for that though.
    was the forklift running, with all the doors shut?? You'd be amazed at how much CO comes off an engine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom