The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Seems like a decent gun, seller seems kind of sketchy, though...

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Ok. I learned how little I have learned. Need to work on reading and adjusting to the wind on the fly.

In Factory class there were 2 Cz 457 varmint MTRs (i had 1), a taper barreled CZ 452 and a CZ 457 LRP MTR (fluted match barrel, synthetic stock—he took first in factory class).

I really did well I thought for the first 3 targets but fell apart on the 4th target. Best target score was 2150 out of a possible 2500 but inly had one bullseye all day

Need to find more ammo and practice a bunch!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Seems like a decent gun, seller seems kind of sketchy, though...

:flasher:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Afternoon fellers. Busy morning getting the house grounds up to snuff. Solo journey after lunch to Omas and then to see an old friend.

I may or may not have taken a detour to check crop rotation in the hunting area. Haven't been out there in months. Few more weeks before sqverll season. Hope it's not too hot. Magpie has the itch already.

What's the plan for the rest of the day?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Feeling a little outclassed here, but there is another cz 457 like mine.

View attachment 210598

View attachment 210599
    I was out to MCFG around noon today to test out a few new (to me) pistols. Thought this was an airgun competition since everything was so quiet. Checked in with the folks in the clubhouse and found out this was a .22LR bench rest competition!

Either I'm just getting old and my hearing is going or there is something different about the report from these rifles. What is the bench rest crowd doing to keep it so quiet?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Ok. I learned how little I have learned. Need to work on reading and adjusting to the wind on the fly.

In Factory class there were 2 Cz 457 varmint MTRs (i had 1), a taper barreled CZ 452 and a CZ 457 LRP MTR (fluted match barrel, synthetic stock—he took first in factory class).

I really did well I thought for the first 3 targets but fell apart on the 4th target. Best target score was 2150 out of a possible 2500 but inly had one bullseye all day

Need to find more ammo and practice a bunch!

But, you were out there .... boldly pursuing your passion. That's the important thing ! :thumbsup:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I was out to MCFG around noon today to test out a few new (to me) pistols. Thought this was an airgun competition since everything was so quiet. Checked in with the folks in the clubhouse and found out this was a .22LR bench rest competition!

Either I'm just getting old and my hearing is going or there is something different about the report from these rifles. What is the bench rest crowd doing to keep it so quiet?
    I was shooting a factory cz 457 without a muzzle device. Most of the unlimited class rifles had tuners on their barrels but no supressors that I saw. Maybe the way the bench area is set up in keeps the sound down?

I definitely heard some mag dumps going on in the bays! It drowned out the 22s. Sorry I did not get to meet you today!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom