Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    A couple of notes on the SGE...

It is going to be a one day affair this year and we will try to get started by 10. Anyone wanting to overnight; I'll provide safe storage for firearms (just ask H-45 - I am good at this). Saturday will be at the same location as last year so we will set up a pistol range and a rifle range (slow fire only).

Prep for the rifle range activities:

- a 100 yard centerfire iron sight gun.

- Have a centerfire rifle dialed in at 100/200/300/500. If you don't have access to a range past 100 yards, make sure you have good dope at 100 and a ballistics calculator. There will be some practice time but not enough to get a gun dialed in if you don't have a solid starting point. I'll split this up into a couple contests as not everyone will want to shoot at 500.

For the pistol events. Have a centerfire pistol (or two or three) ready for 50 yards for the Churchmouse Challenge. Bonus points if its a CM approved platform and caliber.

Also, we will have a BA/DA challenge. Not sure what this will be but have a SA/DA pistol ready for maybe 7/10/20 yards?

As always, these "contests" are secondary to the real purpose of these events. There will be plenty of open range time and conversation time available.

More details will follow via PM but I wanted to get this update out.
    Sounds good!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It’s the morning.

Wife and I did some experimenting in the kitchen last night for dinner. She was watching some food show about tacos… I had a craving for Indian food… So I said why don’t we make some Indian tacos? She looked at me funny, but intrigued enough to listen.

Flour tortillas crisped on the griddle, some white rice, chicken curry, some onion, lettuce or cilantro, some mozzarella sprinkled on top and some sour cream with lime juice added to top it off… Oh man those were damn good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom