• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Mornin. Been headed down the DEEP rabbit hole of garden tractors. I keep looking at the old red 82 series cubs since i got the Bolens and i might have to spend some more money lol.
    Brother… I was down this hole a few years back… I became a Wheel Horse man after talking to a friend of mine who’s a big equipment farmer… I asked him, “what do you use for a garden tractor?” “Wheel Horse”… I’ve actually got one I need to sell.. Too many projects and trying to minimize…

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I know a couple of guys that caught this bug. They are ate up with old Iight duty tractors.
    Yeah, kinda like gun people but with little tractors lol.
    Brother… I was down this hole a few years back… I became a Wheel Horse man after talking to a friend of mine who’s a big equipment farmer… I asked him, “what do you use for a garden tractor?” “Wheel Horse”… I’ve actually got one I need to sell.. Too many projects and trying to minimize…
    I looked at a wheel horse down the road last weekend, just didnt seem like my cup of tea. I think if I’m gonna go down that rabbit hole it’ll be with super Cubs and Bolens lol. My first Bolens was a tank for a garden tractor and the super Cubs have a very similar drivetrain from my understanding.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, kinda like gun people but with little tractors lol.

I looked at a wheel horse down the road last weekend. I think if I’m gonna go down that rabbit hole it’ll be with super Cubs and Bolens lol. My first Bolens was a tank for a garden tractor and the super Cubs have a very similar drivetrain from my understanding.
    I understand! Everyone has their favorites. I like the WH’s for their simplicity, no fluff, easy to access everything and their attachment system. When you want to get into garden tractor pulling, lemme know. I’d do it.:cool:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @mcapo what M12 ratchets are you looking at? I meant to ask yesterday but got lost in tacos…
    I am well past looking....more of a see/buy person than, well, some people.

I bought these with 3.0 batteries. They have some other head designs but I wanted the little higher torque of this model. In all honesty, I'll probably use them less in a year than you would in a day. A buddy asked me to put headers/exhaust on his vette so it seems like a good excuse to cut the cord (err air hose) of another tool.

• 2557-20: pneumatic ratchet performance with up to 55 ft./lbs. max torque and delivers 200 RPM for increased productivity
    • 2558-20: pneumatic ratchet performance with up to 60 ft./lbs. max torque and delivers 175 RPM for increased productivity
    1646141341114.png

Attachments

• 1646141509121.png
      1646141509121.png
      23.7 KB · Views: 3

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I understand! Everyone has their favorites. I like the WH’s for their simplicity, no fluff, easy to access everything and their attachment system. When you want to get into garden tractor pulling, lemme know. I’d do it.:cool:
    Ive been down that rabbit hole before. My ex-stepdad growing up had a open class turbo diesel, and a super stock rail lookin “JD” with a VW engine. He got me an old “12hp” cub with the cast iron 3sp trans to pull when i was 10ish. When i got to old for the kids class i called it quits. That’s entirely to time consuming for me right now but an 82 series cub with a new EFI Briggs big block isnt out of the question in the future lol.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am well past looking....more of a see/buy person than, well, some people.

I bought these with 3.0 batteries. They have some other head designs but I wanted the little higher torque of this model. In all honesty, I'll probably use them less in a year than you would in a day. A buddy asked me to put headers/exhaust on his vette so it seems like a good excuse to cut the cord (err air hose) of another tool.

• 2557-20: pneumatic ratchet performance with up to 55 ft./lbs. max torque and delivers 200 RPM for increased productivity
    • 2558-20: pneumatic ratchet performance with up to 60 ft./lbs. max torque and delivers 175 RPM for increased productivity
    View attachment 184971
    Awesome. Headers on a vette… don’t envy you. Good luck on that… Haha!!!

I’ve got a 2557-20 that I picked up earlier this year, love it. Use it everyday. I need to add some more bigger batteries, but the small slim ones fit in more places…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom