Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ive been down that rabbit hole before. My ex-stepdad growing up had a open class turbo diesel, and a super stock rail lookin “JD” with a VW engine. He got me an old “12hp” cub with the cast iron 3sp trans to pull when i was 10ish. When i got to old for the kids class i called it quits. That’s entirely to time consuming for me right now but an 82 series cub with a new EFI Briggs big block isnt out of the question in the future lol.
    Briggs and "Big Block" do not belong in the same sentence.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Awesome. Headers on a vette… don’t envy you. Good luck on that… Haha!!!

I’ve got a 2557-20 that I picked up earlier this year, love it. Use it everyday. I need to add some more bigger batteries, but the small slim ones fit in more places…
    I have a four post lift in my very small garage. Perfect for that kinda work.

I was concerned about the larger battery as I don't have any of the skinny M12s - everything else is M18.

I think @bcannon owes me an M18 battery still (just kidding BC)...maybe change that to a couple M12s?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a four post lift in my very small garage. Perfect for that kinda work.

I was concerned about the larger battery as I don't have any of the skinny M12s - everything else is M18.

I think @bcannon owes me an M18 battery still (just kidding BC)...maybe change that to a couple M12s?
    Sounds like the perfect garage to do a bunch of swearing and throwing tools, so yes perfect for that kinda work!

I’ve got a handful of m12 stuff I use on the daily, dipped my toe in the m18 with a 1/2 impact not long back, but that’s it so far. Looking to add a few others and possibly sell my existing Snap On stuff. I love the SO stuff, but the cost of adding more is too great for me to justify for my uses.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n gents :bigglassofOJ:

I do have your m18 sitting at the ready Sir mcapo but I do have 1 extra m12. The other two are for my heated sweatshirt and will be wearing that til it stays above 50°, blood thinners suck. You can choose which 1 you want though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Sounds like the perfect garage to do a bunch of swearing and throwing tools, so yes perfect for that kinda work!

I’ve got a handful of m12 stuff I use on the daily, dipped my toe in the m18 with a 1/2 impact not long back, but that’s it so far. Looking to add a few others and possibly sell my existing Snap On stuff. I love the SO stuff, but the cost of adding more is too great for me to justify for my uses.
    M18 impact is a serious tool. I went to adjust the entry gate at the baseball field last year and it sheared off a stuck bolt without a thought. LOL

Again, I don't do much wrenching anymore but when asked, having the right tools makes all the difference. Have a new set of 1/2 metric impacts showing up today. My youngest son will get my old mix-n-match set. I've filled up a 5' tool box for him in the past year.

I wouldn't mind finding a project motorcycle. Maybe a 65 FLH basket case?...but i digress.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morn'n gents :bigglassofOJ:

I do have your m18 sitting at the ready Sir mcapo but I do have 1 extra m12. The other two are for my heated sweatshirt and will be wearing that til it stays above 50°, blood thinners suck. You can choose which 1 you want though.
    No such thing as an "extra" battery. ;-) You better just hold onto them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom