• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pulled out the "at hand at night" pistol and the light needed a new battery. The battery still acted good a month ago. Replaced it and ordered more CR123A batteries. I need to take a look at a few more.

Check your batteries boys and girls if it's been awhile.
    Where is your go to place for CR123A's?

Little leary about ordering batteries from Amazon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulled out the "at hand at night" pistol and the light needed a new battery. The battery still acted good a month ago. Replaced it and ordered more CR123A batteries. I need to take a look at a few more.

Check your batteries boys and girls if it's been awhile.
    I just did this last week.
    We invested in the 10 year shelf life Duracell's about 5 years ago. Ample supply of AA and AAA batts.
    We keep all the reserve batts. in sealed ammo containers. More than half of my reserves had eaten through the cases and ruined most of the batts in the sealed packaging. I was seriously pissed and have been bombarding Duracell ever since with no replies. So, we restocked with energizers when we went to Sam's club last week.
    I checked all what we had (Including C-123's) with the battery meter. They all showed good.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Morning Czickoos! :coffee:

Nothing new to report from this weekend. The P229s I was bidding on went to different homes other than mine. My heart just wasn’t into any of them I guess but some folks got some good deals in decent P229s for under $500.

I am considering sending my S&W Mod 13 3” off to S&W for a refinish and tune up. It’s a gun I want to trust for carry but it has a lot of miles on it and someone did a home reblue that didn’t turn out real well. It’s an early -2 recessed and pinned gun that would be worth the investment I think.
    Send it to Dave Laubert in OH and really get it running.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Where is your go to place for CR123A's?

Little leary about ordering batteries from Amazon.

I know the feeling but have had good luck in general with name brand batteries sold and shipped by Amazon. I'm aware of the possibility of mixed stock though. I went with amazon because I wanted them quickly this time.

Got another 12 pack of Surefire.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I know the feeling but have had good luck in general with name brand batteries sold and shipped by Amazon. I'm aware of the possibility of mixed stock though. I went with amazon because I wanted them quickly this time.

The batteries+ store next to Chuck E Cheese (on 31) is my go to spot. Prices are decent and they have all the good stuff. Just picked up some CR2 lithium for the strikeforce red dot. They also stock streamlight goodies!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Most of my battery purchases are bulk packs from Sam's. Going to the lithium options more and more. Hate picking up a light and finding it doesn't work because of battery corrosion.
    Yup, lithium batts. will curtail virtually all 'leakage' problems. :thumbsup:
    As an aside, so will using rechargeable batteries. (although rechargeable aren't recommended for several applications)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Yup, lithium batts. will curtail virtually all 'leakage' problems. :thumbsup:
    As an aside, so will using rechargeable batteries. (although rechargeable aren't recommended for several applications)

I am trying to get as many handhelds/wml's running on 18650 batteries as I possibly can. They are really long lasting charges.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    What I post when I have nothing to add but still want to say “hey!”

95b9312fd05dd374e97dbc470396e29b.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Happy 300,000 to my beloved beater daily work truck.

Bought this about a year and half ago after I blew up the transmission in our old ‘65 Chevy truck. I needed something to haul scrap in. Since then, I’ve really grown to love the darn thing. I’ve had a few vehicles in the 250k mark, but this is my first to 300,000.

I don’t remember what it had when I bought it, but I was determined to hit 300k with it. Now that that’s accomplished, it’s probably time to find a truck more suited for a family of 4….:):

03450192-7B22-4157-A31D-CB5943F60B86.jpeg320707DF-313C-4DA1-8FED-F0589D9F0BEA.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most of my battery purchases are bulk packs from Sam's. Going to the lithium options more and more. Hate picking up a light and finding it doesn't work because of battery corrosion.
    Sams has as good a price as any and you get more for the same money.
    Buying in bulk is work but well worth the effort.
    Happy 300,000 to my beloved beater daily work truck.

Bought this about a year and half ago after I blew up the transmission in our old ‘65 Chevy truck. I needed something to haul scrap in. Since then, I’ve really grown to love the darn thing. I’ve had a few vehicles in the 250k mark, but this is my first to 300,000.

I don’t remember what it had when I bought it, but I was determined to hit 300k with it. Now that that’s accomplished, it’s probably time to find a truck more suited for a family of 4….:):

View attachment 175565View attachment 175566
    Well done RH.
    Well done indeed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been on a 3 hr maint cycle with the wood stove and humidifiers. Also the personal appliances on the mouse. That has been a good program until we went into these really cold nights. I caught house temps close to firing the furnace this morning. Loaded up the stove as she was dead out just a few coals.
    When it gets stupid cold outside it pulls on the stove a lot harder. Fuel gets consumed faster.

Today is Chemo #8. Good times peoples.
    I am just soooo excited

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks

I'm thinking about taking a vacation soon and using that time for a shootapalooza. I think I'd really like to just screw off for a week and not really work on any house projects.

Okay maybe I'll take a day and paint my workbench and drill press stand or something. But that's it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I had Surefire 12 packs on subscription with Amazon for a while and built up a nice reserve of them. Last month, I found 2 of my Eotechs had batteries that had begun leaking. Duracells suck apparently. Fortunately, no damage to the optics but everything gets checked more frequently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom