Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I still have some sides from the 1st go round in 02 with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. They gave me 3 to 4 years then. Well I beat that one. Looks like this one will eventually end my timecard.
    We all leave when God calls. We don't want you to go anytime soon, but God may have a need for a pipe bending, frame building, bike tuning Mechanic with some machining skills. I'm hoping he likes to shoot too, but I'm afraid he just chucks lightning bolts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all leave when God calls. We don't want you to go anytime soon, but God may have a need for a pipe bending, frame building, bike tuning Mechanic with some machining skills. I'm hoping he likes to shoot too, but I'm afraid he just chucks lightning bolts.
    Lightning bolts. How can we tune up one of those?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

You know, God only chucks lightning bolts because he does not like the recoil of the 50BMG.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I figured out what I had done to screw up my draw a couple of weeks ago. I had not practiced the draw stroke in several months and had developed a bad habit of lifting the gun out of the holster with my finger tips before getting a firing grip. I used to make first contact with the web of my hand and only then would wrap my fingers around the grip. I got lazy in practice and when I started to actually run drills, it immediately showed.

I’m amazed at how quickly some skills deteriorate without practice. High ammo costs have cut my range time by a huge amount with 2021 only seeing about 4500 rounds put down range. About 1500 of that was .308 and 5.56, so handgun was actually down to about 3k. In 2019, I had over 13K logged, with 9mm approaching almost 7K by itself. .40 and .45 added another 4500 and everything else made up the rest.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Wasn't there a Stihl chainsaw in the classifieds not too long ago? ...I can't find the listing anymore. Maybe I was hallucinating

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom