• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Calling my computer wizard friends. Got the taxes done and now I'm having the devil's own time getting the laptop to find the printer. Got them both on the wi-fi. Usually the ASUS gaming laptop lets me ad it/make it the default. Now for some unknown reason the computer won't find the printer. Epson ET3700 series. Anyone have any ideas?
    Other than I hate printers... and always have. Especially wireless/networked printers.

I have horrible times with these new HP printers for home use (of course primarily my wife's machine and printer are the worst ones) I've purchased because HP has put some software in the middle rather than just allowing it to be added.

Double check and make sure the printer is actually connected to the network (make sure it has an IP address... likely something like 192.x.x.x. should be able to check this on the printer itself's display)
    Not sure what OS version you are running, but assuming you have rebooted both the printer and the computer already and maybe even the router, and its still not worknig, I'd then make sure the printer is not actually showing up under Printers and scanners, under devices. If it is, there, click the printer and then run the troubleshooter.

If that doesn't work, then I'd delete the printer under devices and printers, and I'd also look at the old school control panel and then devices and printers and make sure it isn't still showing there, and delete it (I've seen them show up sometimes as unidentified device there and not as a printer). Once you have it deleted fully, try and re-add it.

All that assumes there is no Epson specific stuff besides drivers in the mix.

Worst case, if you happen to be e-filing (not sure if you are or not), and just want hardcopy for your own records, print the reports, etc to PDF for now and save it. You can then print at your leisure when you get the printer working.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its called forest management, thin out some to allow more diversity to flourish. In the long run makes for more wildlife habitat/diversity and a healthier more productive forest while reducing the risk of wildfires (something they refuse to learn in California). Bonus is you also get lumber to use!

Also, I have a buddy with a woodmiser portable saw mill. He generally will mill logs for half the lumber (full disclosure, when I help mill I get some lumber too!).
    Good friends in Michigan with serious forested land do this very thing. They have multiple wood miser's and mill all the lumber in their houses and barns. The forest flourishes from being properly managed and they have also supplied a lot of lumber for the area during the scamdemic.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So.......12 frickin' hours later I made it to Iowa. Count 'em - 12.

The whole state of Illinois was an average of 35-40mph. Some actual No movement, maybe 4 times. 1 time for an hour-ish.
    Longest day ever. I am so beat right now. Big trucks all wrecked and jack-knifed, cars in ditches. Worst part was Bloomington, IL. Alllllllmost stopped, but removed ice off wipers and kept rollin'. Hard freekin' day, kids...hard day.

Sorry to hear that. I hate driving and driving in traffic and weather is SO much worse.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Cleared the first 4-5” of snow. That’s some heavy dang snow.

I’ll probably hit it again around 10pm.

Manual shovel. No starting issues. No choke problem. No gas to buy. Always ready. :-)

24d624ce1a438f1312eb1ffab596f7d6.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Where to start.
    Consult with my team today. Much was discussed. The issues I am having with the open wound that is allowing the drain off of the liquid mass they found on the 1st pet scan months ago is become an issue towards taking any more cancer treatments of any kind. The wound has to heal in total before I can start back on the treatments.
    I was scheduled to start the oral maint. on 25 January that would have maintained the tumors that have shrank. This is not a end all but a time buying procedure. 6+ months was an estimate, but more was possible.
    They held off on the treatment until we could see what was going on with the drainage. It has slowed significantly but the wound has to close and heal before I can proceed. This could take a couple of months. In that time the tumors will not be patient and most likely will grow back past the point where any oral approach to treatment will not work.
    So, as I have decided not to ever again take that horrible chemo they had me on it looks like I have caught my final wave.
    Not sure how much time is left on my contract but know I will spend it as wisely as I am allowed.
    It's been a really long and most unique run for the mouse and my crew. WE have been seen and done most everything we ever cared too. I have been and still am surrounded with the unconditional love of my kids and the most wonderful friends a person could ever ask for. I am blessed in so many ways.

Love and respect out to you all.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    OK. Where to start.
    Consult with my team today. Much was discussed. The issues I am having with the open wound that is allowing the drain off of the liquid mass they found on the 1st pet scan months ago is become an issue towards taking any more cancer treatments of any kind. The wound has to heal in total before I can start back on the treatments.
    I was scheduled to start the oral maint. on 25 January that would have maintained the tumors that have shrank. This is not a end all but a time buying procedure. 6+ months was an estimate, but more was possible.
    They held off on the treatment until we could see what was going on with the drainage. It has slowed significantly but the wound has to close and heal before I can proceed. This could take a couple of months. In that time the tumors will not be patient and most likely will grow back past the point where any oral approach to treatment will not work.
    So, as I have decided not to ever again take that horrible chemo they had me on it looks like I have caught my final wave.
    Not sure how much time is left on my contract but know I will spend it as wisely as I am allowed.
    It's been a really long and most unique run for the mouse and my crew. WE have been seen and done most everything we ever cared too. I have been and still am surrounded with the unconditional love of my kids and the most wonderful friends a person could ever ask for. I am blessed in so many ways.

I am so sorry to hear this my friend, and this hurts me tremendously. Kathy and I send prayers for you and CKW. Love you brother!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    OK. Where to start.

From Ceaser's commentaries on the Gallic war.

"If a man were to know the end of the day's business as it comes: but it suffice us that the day will end, and the end be known. If we meet again, then well, we'll smile, if not, this parting was well made."

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    OK. Where to start.

Very sad to hear this. You and Cindy are in my prayers.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Other than I hate printers... and always have. Especially wireless/networked printers.

Worst case, if you happen to be e-filing (not sure if you are or not), and just want hardcopy for your own records, print the reports, etc to PDF for now and save it. You can then print at your leisure when you get the printer working.
    Thanks for taking the time, W/S. I whipped it's ass before I returned to read this.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Mouse. . . I am leaking saltwater. Contentment with what we've been allowed in this life is a hard skill to learn. Your attitude is a light to show us how that's done. Barb and I will be in the long prayer chain that supports you and, I admit to being a malcontent when it comes to length of time we've managed to spend in proximity. Feel you as a brother, and not only in arms. Glad of the time we have spent and the memories we've made. Let us know if you have a need we can fill.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    OK. Where to start.

The only thing I can say is this makes my heart hurt. I know others are thinking this, we love you brother.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    First round done a bit ago. Decided to do the whole damn sidewalk on our side of the street. That was fun.

View attachment 179413View attachment 179414
    Something to warm yourself up with:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom