• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2024
    Crawfordsville
    What are some good practices for storing a firearm in a vehicle? Sometimes I cannot bring my conceal carry with me so I have to leave it behind, but i get nervous just having my firearm in a gun case, loose, in a vehicle to which someone can break in and steal it. What do you do?

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    There is no practical place where you can hide a firearm in a vehicle that a determine thief cannot find. If it is accessible to you, it is accessible to them.

Maybe, if your question were more specific, someone could be more helpful.
    My case is attached to the frame of the driver's seat by a cable. If I have to get out of my car in Illinois for business or to visit family, I may use that. I am sure that the cable could be cut with bolt cutters. Often, I just go with "concealed is concealed" and carry.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    We have various methods.
    In the Nissan Pathfinder (2010), we have a small gun lock box on a 1500lb cable under the folding rear seats.

In the Toyota 4 Runner, I just added a console safe (Toyota brand).

My understanding (limited as it is), thieves are quick "snatch and grab". They don't like to linger going through every aspect of a vehicle.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Console safe from Tuffy in my Tacoma.

Don’t be a target so in addition to no gun stickers also don’t be observed hiding your gun. Stop a few blocks before your planned destination to hide your gun, packages, purse… No one sees or knows you just hid something valuable worth stealing. Then when you arrive at your final destination pick a visible parking spot and simply exit and lock your vehicle.

IMG_7073.jpeg

Top Bottom