• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just returned from picking up my AR (complete) lower. What a spectacular weather day ! .... it's 77 degrees, low humidity. A little breezy, but still .... I wish that the weather was like this every day of the year !
    I'm definitely going to run today since it's finally cooler out, these hot/humid days have been rough to run in.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Oh the irony. Dad came by with a gift. I've been in love with his squirrel rifle for over 35 years. I remember it being so heavy when I was a boy. He hasn't shot it in years, so he gave it to me this morning. F*****" A. +1 more lever.

Winchester 9422 XTR .22 s/l/lr
    432b5e13f5902c7b5770f994a8615046.jpg
    Congrats, RR!

These XTR's are some of my most prized firearm possessions. Up until '78 they had smooth, non-checkered stocks. These 2 are both in .22 mag, a 1978 and 1988. The machining and overall quality are 2nd to none. I was lucky to have acquired mine before prices went bonkers.

P1080649.JPG

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Congrats, RR!

These XTR's are some of my most prized firearm possessions. Up until '78 they had smooth, non-checkered stocks. These 2 are both in .22 mag, a 1978 and 1988. The machining and overall quality are 2nd to none. I was lucky to have acquired mine before prices went bonkers.

View attachment 156346

Beautiful. I lack a .22mag lever. That will happen one day.

Dad has had this one since before I was born in '83. Removed the scope (need new rings), and had to cut off the hammer spur extension. Wrong side and the screw was stripped bad. Cheap fix.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Beautiful. I lack a .22mag lever. That will happen one day.

Dad has had this one since before I was born in '83. Removed the scope (need new rings), and had to cut off the hammer spur extension. Wrong side and the screw was stripped bad. Cheap fix.
    You're younger than I thought.

The Henry 22 mag express looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure you steel-receiver folks will jump on board.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oh the irony. Dad came by with a gift. I've been in love with his squirrel rifle for over 35 years. I remember it being so heavy when I was a boy. He hasn't shot it in years, so he gave it to me this morning. F*****" A. +1 more lever.

Winchester 9422 XTR .22 s/l/lr
    432b5e13f5902c7b5770f994a8615046.jpg
    You need to come up one morning. After you check your zero.

Got 2 more this morning. Cleaned 'em in the woods so no pictures.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Early versions, the top two are Uberti repros as not only are originals expensive, but ammo, 44 Henry rim fire, is impossible to find.

The Henry starts it all on top and you can see the improvements Winchester makes with what is known as the Kings improvement on the Model 1866 in the middle. The next version is the original 1873 on the bottom.

During this time Winchester was trying without much success to chamber the government 45-70 which doesn't fit the Henry style of toggle lock action very well. They try by scaling up the 1873 into the behemoth Model 1876 Centennial Rifle and while it still doesn't fit the 45-70, Winchester releases more monster cartridges that it does fit like the 45-60, 45-75 and 50-95. TR used this rather uncommon rifle as well. Rare and expensive in original, Uberti made some repros that can be picked up more reasonably and aren't tied to BP ammunition.

Past this point, John Browning takes over with tthreewin.jpghe revolutionary Model 1886.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Early versions, the top two are Uberti repros as not only are originals expensive, but ammo, 44 Henry rim fire, is impossible to find.

The Henry starts it all on top and you can see the improvements Winchester makes with what is known as the Kings improvement on the Model 1866 in the middle. The next version is the original 1873 on the bottom.

During this time Winchester was trying without much success to chamber the government 45-70 which doesn't fit the Henry style of toggle lock action very well. They try by scaling up the 1873 into the behemoth Model 1876 Centennial Rifle and while it still doesn't fit the 45-70, Winchester releases more monster cartridges that it does fit like the 45-60, 45-75 and 50-95. TR used this rather uncommon rifle as well. Rare and expensive in original, Uberti made some repros that can be picked up more reasonably and aren't tied to BP ammunition.

Past this point, John Browning takes over with tView attachment 156358he revolutionary Model 1886.

When I think lever gun, that 1873 comes to mind.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016

Past this point, John Browning takes over with tView attachment 156358he revolutionary Model 1886.

You have the most amazing collection, Sir. Do you rehab these like you do with the revolvers?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Congrats, RR!

View attachment 156346

Mind sharing what rings those are? Looking for some lower than current lineup

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    You're younger than I thought.

The Henry 22 mag express looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure you steel-receiver folks will jump on board.

The Henry rimfires are a great, affordable way to get into the lever gun game. I have a couple of them. Funny thing is, as great as the Winchester rimfire levers are, the Henry has the smoother action - like butter. I enjoy them all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom