Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I've been there. Too many times.

Man, I want this. But I don't need it. Am I going to shoot this more than what I already have and like?

I'll just add it to the cart. Just so I can see how much shipping is.

Not right now. I'll wait. Clicks "submit order".

Honey, remember that couch you wanted? Why don't we go order it this weekend. You deserve it.

Ok. No more for a while. I've been buying too many - hey, that one's shiny! I'll just check shipping...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

Man, I want this. But I don't need it. Am I going to shoot this more than what I already have and like?

Honey, remember that couch you wanted? Why don't we go order it this weekend. You deserve it.

Ok. No more for a while. I've been buying too many - hey, that one's shiny! I'll just check shipping...
    Yep, you nailed it. I've been walking the line for a while between being an enthusiast and being a collector. I swore I'd never be a collector, to have another "thing" just for the sake of having it, but never take the time to enjoy it. I've done pretty well sticking to this mantra, but man, what I just decided to put in the classies is darned near killing me!

At the risk of being a bit personal, my parents were/are hoarders. It's not about the $$, it's about being almost obsessively averse to becoming something I don't want to become.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I got nothing man.....Nothing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, you nailed it. I've been walking the line for a while between being an enthusiast and being a collector. I swore I'd never be a collector, to have another "thing" just for the sake of having it, but never take the time to enjoy it. I've done pretty well sticking to this mantra, but man, what I just decided to put in the classies is darned near killing me!

At the risk of being a bit personal, my parents were/are hoarders. It's not about the $$, it's about being almost obsessively averse to becoming something I don't want to become.

So, what are ya selling? :cool:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I am more of a collector than I care to admit. I shoot everything I have, I just don't have time to shoot as much as I would like.

I saw what you listed. Very nice. Would be tempting if I didn't already have other things in the works.

And as for the last part, if you have that level of awareness to what that could become, I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if you buy too many guns, you can store some at my house...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Is this a half-way stop before getting to the more expensive Shadow?
    SP01Phantom-500x333.png
    SPECIFICATIONSCZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
    Product Name CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom SKU 91258

Magazine Capacity 18+1 Frame Polymer Trigger Mech DA/SA
    Sights Three Dot
    Barrel Cold Hammer Forged
    Barrel Length 4.6 in Weight 29.4 oz
    Overall Length 8.15 in Safety Decocking Lever,
    Firing Pin Block Safety

$589.99

NO...look at the weight, only 29.4 oz. It has a polymer frame.

CZ's competition pistols are the heavier ones and many are even more expensive than the Shadow 2.

CZ-USA Competition - CZ-USA

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Hey, have you been looking at my web history? Been there a couple of times. A bit of bourbon often helps grease that slippery slope. :alcoholic:

For a while, I rationalized a couple of guns thinking that I was 'collecting' them. In reality, I just like buying guns and getting to run them. The closest I come to being a collector is when I decide to sell something and my son talks me out of it because prices are rising on them. You know, the old 'hey, don't sell that because you'll only get $200 for it today but if you save it for another 10 years you'll get at least $225 for it' argument.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My parents were near the same. But my dads parents were horrible about Hoarding. I to attempt to be the anti-them.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Hey, have you been looking at my web history? Been there a couple of times. A bit of bourbon often helps grease that slippery slope. :alcoholic:

For a while, I rationalized a couple of guns thinking that I was 'collecting' them. In reality, I just like buying guns and getting to run them. The closest I come to being a collector is when I decide to sell something and my son talks me out of it because prices are rising on them. You know, the old 'hey, don't sell that because you'll only get $200 for it today but if you save it for another 10 years you'll get at least $225 for it' argument.

Sound logic. Every time I think I am going to keep something because the value might go up, I end up selling it at a loss two months later because I found something else I am convinced I must have.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    You guys just crack me up.....My first CZ was a P-01 that BA talked me into. Then the RAMI came from CM. Somehow I ordered a SP-01 from CGW and then I just had to have a Phantom that got sent to the Wizard. A P-07 and P-09 showed up in there somewhere. They all needed a big brother so a 97 slipped out of CM’s hands into mine. I then somehow won Reilly 1 and figured that they needed a Scorpion Carbine to keep them company... no I’m nothing like you guys, I have some self control...:cool: And it only took a year..

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    You guys just crack me up.....My first CZ was a P-01 that BA talked me into. Then the RAMI came from CM. Somehow I ordered a SP-01 from CGW and then I just had to have a Phantom that got sent to the Wizard. A P-07 and P-09 showed up in there somewhere. They all needed a big brother so a 97 slipped out of CM’s hands into mine. I then somehow won Reilly 1 and figured that they needed a Scorpion Carbine to keep them company... no I’m nothing like you guys, I have some self control...:cool: And it only took a year..

The czickness is contagious. But if you read through all these threads, there seems to always be the same three carriers that spread the disease.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No, lol you shoot the 75b really well. The difference will be almost completely mental going to an sp01, unless you change which trigger model or you decided you want to start shooting with a light/laser. You will notice an extreme difference going to a shadow2. I would say stick with the 75b, make sure you don't want to switch to a beretta, and learn to shoot well with it. When you upgrade, say no to a few cheap 22's and random 9mm's save up and get a shadow 2. It is a lifetime pistol that probably has as close to everything you could ever dream of in a pistol. Stick with the 75 for a while and learn about trigger control, learn what you're feeling and focus on what you have rather than drifting with the wind. It would be a completely parallel move and not move you forward as a shooter the way learning that pistol will.

The Phantom's sure do look nice... just happened to get an email today from Grab a Gun today featuring one:

https://grabagun.com/cz-75-shadow-2...m_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=Daily Email
    CZ-75-SP-01-Shadow-2-91257-806703912578.jpg.jpg

I'd like to try one out, but I don't think I could bring myself to drop the coin on one.

Lots of truth there. I cannot say how many times I've gone to the range and have been disappointed in how a previous favorite performed for me. One trip I'm a hero with the gun and the next trip, I'm a zero with the same gun. I try to take twice the amount of ammo I plan on training with and if I'm having a good day, I shoot more than I had planned to imprint proper technique more. If I'm sucking that day, I'll stop early to avoid imprinting whatever mistakes I'm making on that particular day.

Today was one of those days for me. Shot really well a few days ago when I took my daughter. Today not so much. Then realized that when she was with me, I took my time more as I was coaching her a bit. I also shoot better when I ease into it with either my AA kit on one of my Glocks, or my M&P Compact 22, and start at a closer range, gain some confidence then ease out on distance. Today I did none of that (didn't take a 22 and jumped right in with larger caliber at a longer distance). Thought I'd "focus" with just the M&P Compact 2.0 and it wasn't my best day. The surface of the sun heat didn't help either.

Next time it's back to my standard training.. ease into it with the 22, then once I'm in a groove, break out the larger caliber, and then add distance.

Sounds to me like he's just padding the inheritance... smart kid.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You are not going to believe what I'm going to say:
    I get to go down to Columbus, IN and get with a member here that I've met before at the range and he has a, wait for it:
    SHADOW 2 and I get to shoot!!!!!! :thumbsup:
    I am so excited!!!

He had told me either on the open forum here or in a pm when I was discussing my interest in the CZ b/c of my reading of the love here for everything CZ, that he had the Shadow 2 for me to try, and at the time I didn't even know there was a Shadow 2, except to read it being mentioned on the site here.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The czickness is contagious. But if you read through all these threads, there seems to always be the same three carriers that spread the disease.

1. I was happy with my S/Ws, Rugers and Glocks until I started reading the CZ thread.
    2. Now I own a 75 B Omega.
    3. Looking to buy an SP-01.
    4. Driving an hour tomorrow 1-way to shoot a Shadow 2.

5. What a way to start out my 2nd year journey with INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom