Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Lots of truth there. I cannot say how many times I've gone to the range and have been disappointed in how a previous favorite performed for me. One trip I'm a hero with the gun and the next trip, I'm a zero with the same gun. I try to take twice the amount of ammo I plan on training with and if I'm having a good day, I shoot more than I had planned to imprint proper technique more. If I'm sucking that day, I'll stop early to avoid imprinting whatever mistakes I'm making on that particular day.

1. I hear you! I'm having a real problem right now in trying to cut a .22LR or two from the collection, and one day it looks like the Walther P22Q is going to go, and on another day the S/W M/P Compact .22LR. I do realize I'm the X factor. I'm prejudiced against the Walther since I bought the Smith new and it feels better in my hand.
    2. I will proceed with caution, and perhaps buy a SP-01 instead of selling the Omega to get an SP-01.
    3. What I need to find out is whether or not there is another CZ that weighs more, longer barrel, and the like that I would want but just don't know of it's existence yet.
    4. I think gmcttr mentioned the SP-01 was 40 oz, which is why I liked it better than the Omega at 36 oz (and the SP-01 shot better for me), but then he mentioned he had a Shadow (I think) that was 46 oz (I think). :coffee:

Seriously, I would go at least 500 rounds into the Omega before deciding. In the meantime, learn the CZ family and what fits you or just buy one of each....

5. I hear you. I do like the idea of buying one of each: my style, but on a teacher salary.......................

I would also add that one range trip does not equal future success.

6. Yes, I would have to repeat the experiment to verify, and it wouldn't surprise me if Eric and I could get together again.

wtburnette

Life's too short to put up with a crappy trigger. Birds Away[/QUOTE]

7. Gun first, triggers later.

No, lol you shoot the 75b really well. The difference will be almost completely mental going to an sp01, unless you change which trigger model or you decided you want to start shooting with a light/laser. You will notice an extreme difference going to a shadow2. I would say stick with the 75b, make sure you don't want to switch to a beretta, and learn to shoot well with it. When you upgrade, say no to a few cheap 22's and random 9mm's save up and get a shadow 2. It is a lifetime pistol that probably has as close to everything you could ever dream of in a pistol. Stick with the 75 for a while and learn about trigger control, learn what you're feeling and focus on what you have rather than drifting with the wind. It would be a completely parallel move and not move you forward as a shooter the way learning that pistol will.

8. I had to laugh: you know my patterns well. Yes, I am separated from happiness by buying less .22LRs and throwing the word, "cheap" in there was a nice touch! :dunno: Truth is truth, though, and you're telling it! :laugh:
    9. You see how the SP-01 worked out better for me and say the Shadow 2 is even better, and yet you tell me to stay with the Omega. :wallbash: You know I listen to you since your own journey was so much more "professional" and efficient and logical than my own.
    10. You are saying that if I like the SP-01 better than the Omega, the Shadow 2 will be even better and perhaps, "the One." If that b/c it is heavier, like gmcttr intimated?
    11. I was shooting the Beretta 92 the other day against the Omega and although I liked the feel of the Beretta better (b/c I like a thick grip), the Omega out-shot it, so it is dismissed (unless one fell in my lap from Heaven and I would receive the gift with thanksgiving. :rofl:
    12. Being an "All-in" time of person (once I have a direction/focus), why would I want to stay with the Omega learning the trigger if I could learn it on the SP-01 that I liked better due to heft and accuracy, and why not just jump up to the Shadow 2 if it became available for a price I could live with (perhaps churchmouse would sell me one of his CZs before he put 1000s into upgrading it). :laugh: Sorry, churchmouse, just having fun, but I have heard that you sell your guns for a fair price :thumbsup: (when you sell one every decade?)

As a pure range toy, I would prefer the SP-01 but if I had a 75B I wouldn't necessarily rush out to exchange it. They are both good pistols.

13. See above. :laugh: I hear you and Eric. If I had a chance for an even trade, though? Or, if I sold my Omega for what I paid for it ($100 less than new, which includes taxes), and put that money toward a Shadow 2 (if that is the heaviest and best CZ has to offer in all-metal with a hammer, w/o going totally crazy since I do love to play the poor card). ;)

You didn’t buy the wrong gun. You bought your first CZ.
    CZickness - It’s not one and done. :-)

14. Evidently! My wife will have an intervention before the year is out. :(

SP01 has a full length accessory rail, that's your extra weight. They make many different grips that are interchangeable on the full size CZ'S, that would be the thickness in grip that you noticed.

15. Grips were stock.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So, this is love?

convert
    In recent years the SP-01 Shadow With a higher beavertail and undercut trigger guard the shooters hand is able to be as close to the bore axis as possible. less muzzle flip.
    Best of all new trigger components give smooth DA and crisp clean SA while drastically reducing trigger reset. -
    A hardy nitride finish coats the entire pistol leaving it nearly impervious to corrosion.
    Thin blue aluminum grips have healthy checkering to match the fine front and backstrap checkering of the pistol itself.
    Sitting atop the slide are a set of target sights fiber optic on front and a serrated black HAJO rear
    - Magazine Capacity: 17+1 -
    Frame: Steel - Trigger Mech: SA/DA - Sights:
    Fiber Optic front HAJO rear - Barrel: Cold Hammer Forged -
    Barrel Length: 4.89 in -
    Weight: 46.5 oz - Overall Length: 8.53 in - Safety: Ambidextrous Manual Safety

CZ CZ 75 Shadow 2 91254
    PRODUCT CODE : 806703912547
    $1,060.99

Is this a half-way stop before getting to the more expensive Shadow?
    SP01Phantom-500x333.png
    SPECIFICATIONSCZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
    Product Name CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom SKU 91258

Magazine Capacity 18+1 Frame Polymer Trigger Mech DA/SA
    Sights Three Dot
    Barrel Cold Hammer Forged
    Barrel Length 4.6 in Weight 29.4 oz
    Overall Length 8.15 in Safety Decocking Lever,
    Firing Pin Block Safety

$589.99

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The allure of the 97 is that is is a manly piece of steel that requires a man to run it. Not that it kicks but it is a manly piece of steel. :)

I tried to explain that to a guy once. Makes you look taller, feel younger, makes your family proud, etc. I think it fell on deaf ears. I think he decided to build his own 10mm from scratch to shut me up.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Congratulations Patience.

I was out and about today running some errands. I stopped by Plainfield Shooting Supplies. I was only looking today. I tend to be shy in gun stores, mainly because a lot of time I am just looking to see what is out there. If they are busy I look through the glass and try to stay out of the way. Today the shop was empty. So I decided to check the feel of a few guns. I tried the CZ P-09, and man did it feel really nice. Grey, suppressor ready. It was really nice. I was very tempted. My gun fund is very low right now though.

Then on the way home I stopped by Bradis as well. They were slow so I didn't feel too bad about asking the guy behind the counter if I could handle a few guns. They had a pink Sar B6P. It felt nice, not great. Not my color either. They also had a Star BM, I tried it and while an all metal frame, I didn't like it. Lastly they had a CZ P-01. If I had the money I would have bought that one right then. It felt really nice.

Maybe after Gen Con I can start refiling my gun fund.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom